Countdown to World's End [cancelled]

This sounds so wrong.

Hey, I’m not the one crushing on him.

(Just to clarify: in Britain, the entire room is called the toilet[s], not just the individual receptacle, in case that was the issue.)

4 Likes

I was just picturing you two making out on the toilet… since the room is called the bathroom here. lol.

I thought you Brits called it the loo?

Loo, toilet, WC, bog. Anything except bathroom, really (because a bathroom requires a bath ;P).

I know WC = water closet but I never heard of bog before … is that colloquial or slang?

@Eiwynn

bog
bɒɡ/
noun

1. an area of wet muddy ground that is too soft to support a heavy body.
    “a peat bog”
    synonyms: marsh, marshland, swamp, swampland, sump, mire, quagmire, quag, morass, slough, fen, fenland, wetland, carr; More
  2. BRITISH informal
    the toilet.
1 Like

Not sure if you’ve checked out this thread already or not, but in case not, this is a place to look in regards to having a trans option https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/trans-discussion-in-and-out-of-choice-games/21305/

Nobody’s perfect :cry:

As far as terminology, I’ve actually heard “loo” in the US too, just not often. The usual alternative I’ve encountered is “restroom.” Occasionally the overly Latinate “lavatory.”

Us calling it bathroom is just one of the many miracles of words broadening in meaning :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve read all the threads, and I’m still not sure… :confounded:

(And restroom makes even less sense than bathroom…)

Are you telling me that British people don’t regularly sleep in public lavatories? What a strange and uncivilized country you are :tophat::stuck_out_tongue:

More seriously, these two varieties of English did diverge before modern plumbing, after all, so it’s no big surprise they developed the terminology differently :spy:

I actually had a dream last night in which I had the power-stealing ability. While I was trash-talking my opponent, I said “You’re rubber and I’m glue. Whatever powers you have bounce off and stick to me.”
(I d’no if the original taunt is international or not, but this is a reference to “I’m rubber and you’re glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.” Which is a marginally more sophisticated version of “I know you are, but what am I?”)

3 Likes

Just played the update. I do have to say… Still super awesome! :grinning:

2 Likes

Another minor update, mostly to try out a character bio page in the menu (it’s still a little rough), but it also includes the next scene and a few more characters.

What do people think?

3 Likes

Didn’t I address the lack of lesbians with you already? :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking about. :smirk:

AW~ it feels like a teaser chapter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: okay… someone winking at me… SOMEONE WINKING AT ME, and he sounds cute and rich :blush: but i really want to kidnapped Benji lol :innocent: joke aside… cant wait to see more cute guys :grin: beside waiting for Phil scene that is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, so is this intented ? : possibly a typo : Very pale, although heavily freckled, skin, with green eyes and short red hair. Left eyebrow pierced. (there is a comma before skin, but it feels wrong) and what is the NPCs age that already appear so far?

edit : i love that sidekick part and Layla reaction XD though its make her relationship drop… i though it was supposed to be a joke XD

3 Likes

Well, it pretty much is, as it was more uploaded to test the character bios than anything else. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, it does end the subclause… but you’re right, it looks wrong. I might change it.

Layla and Alex are 17. Mousetrap and Ruth are a few years older (20ish?). Slaughterhouse and the weird coffee woman are mid thirties. Jupiter is 40–50. And Benji is twelve, you sicko. :angry: (EDIT: That last part was a joke.)

It’s as much to do with who you said it to as what was actually said.

2 Likes

Ehhhh ??!! :astonished: its said a kid (edit : and Alex descriptionson make it worse) i though he is around 5, lol 12 can’t count as "a cute lil child’ anymore XD. then im glad we pick Alex hhaaa… just realized, so that is why Benji upset when Alex reasoning to take him instead, funny! lol. oh i suspect Alex is bored with his life and he seems to like the MC so he will stalked follow MC after “rob a bank” act as a way to find a thrill in life and adventure :smirk:

3 Likes

:flushed: I think I’m in love. Like, I think I flushed a little in real life. You haven’t been using transatlantic telepathy to rummage through my brain and create the ideal character by any chance, have you? Step aside, Kevin! So I’m assuming this guy won’t just be a one scene wonder, this time.

I’m referring, of course, to the bank teller.

…I mean, no, I really like Alex so far. Must save the adorable guy :persevere: or die of over-blushing in the process.

His dialogue’s amusing, especially his reaction to the supervillain thing, and then he goes and is all heroic and stuff. (I also may have a weakness for redheads in suits with eyebrow piercings, which is why this was weirdly psychic O_O )
So yeah, I enjoy his attitude and his gumption and his gayforwardness :wink:

And yeah, I am planning to play my character as having the sort of crush where you forget how to think straight (if you’ll pardon the word) or communicate coherently. Like when he was winking I’d’ve been like “OMG he’s winking! All systems in shutdown mode! Look away! Terminate mission! Can’t… make… eye contact…” and then “he’s talking to me! Quick! Mumble something incoherent! Try not to stare at him! Stumble over backwards! You can do this!”
Basically I just want options to be a competent levelheaded superhero one moment and a complete dolt the moment he glances my way :blush:

Okay, so moving away from my fannish flailings, a few nitpicky things to note.

In the bios, I believe it would be preferable to refer to Layla’s features as “Arab” rather than “Arabic,” since the latter refers more to the language and the former more to the ethnicity.

I think “stomache” should be “stomach.” At least, the dictionaries I checked online didn’t list it as a British variant (which is usually my first suspicion :stuck_out_tongue: )

I guess this sentence was just so devastating that the grammar couldn’t handle it…

Slaughterhouse reaches out his hand and places it on Alex’ head. “Do you know how easily i could crush your head, brat!?”

Alex’>Alex’s
i>I
(Also :cry: )

Oh, and I like the name “Ruthless Ruth.” It is funny.

Also, somewhere in here you have a character whose name is almost my name, but I’m not saying who :grin:

How come? Or do I have to wait and see?

Perhaps just reorder the words? “very pale skin, although heavily freckled” or “skin very pale, although heavily freckled” or you could even just omit the word skin, since “very pale, although heavily freckled” will still imply that it’s in reference to his complexion.

Oh, and for the record…

Was that Alex? :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s very cute. Too bad that it is that Slaughterhouse guy who does the actual kidnapping and not us as my mc would probably love to have him as his hostage. :yum:

Alex seems to refute that statement of yours as my mc can so nickname him “your highness”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
On the other hand this is still just the prologue right? So does that mean poor cute Alex actually dies? If so my mc so needs to make Slaughterhouse suffer. :rage:
His only flaw is that he is actually friendly to my lower-class mc, instead of a frigid jerk (with a heart of gold somewhere deep beneath the icy veneer) at the start, but nobody is quite perfect after all.

Other than Alex Mousetrap also seems cute, but more in a “friend with benefits” sort of way.

3 Likes

I approve. Or just call him “prince” :stuck_out_tongue:

Imagining my awkward main character kidnapping Alex…

“So, um… just wonering if I could maybe, uh… :blush: just thought it might be nice if I could like kidnap you or something? If that’s cool with you?”
:wink:
:flushed: ^runs away^

3 Likes