Complete but unpublished?

Comp entries, especially IFComp. Some of them get picked up and turned into HG’s (like Scarlet sails and Creatures like us) but not all have (yet at least- I’m not sure what everyone’s plans are for their games post release).

Can also find smaller CS games in places like Ectocomp and published on Sub-Q Magazine.

A few IFComp games not published here. (I think I’m missing some, you can look through the IFComp archives or add your games to this list if you want.)

Turandot (Placed 2nd)
Each-uisge

Not another hero

I haven’t looked at this game so have no idea what it’s like, but it came up on my search of the IFDB: The Witch's Bakery by Ramona G. (There are a few CSGs hosted on itch.io including most of the ectocomp ones that have been written by a number of authors on this site over the last few years.)

Also maybe see this thread: List of Choicescript games hosted outside of the official website?

Edit- Whoops sorry misread this and realised you’re looking for mature themed which not all these are. In that case I’d look particularly at Turandot perhaps.

4 Likes

Wow awesome! I didn’t even think of competition entries. Thanks! I’ll be able to offer up my own soon :smiley:

There’s also this thread: Where are the other choose your own adventure games?
It has a ton of game recommendations, though some of the older links are broken sadly

1 Like

I wish there could just be some disclaimer saying that “The opinions in this story are of the creators, and do not necessarily represent Choice Of Games, or it’s staff.” I know that it’s a long shot, and maybe it’s not needed, but that is what I would do in their position.

3 Likes