Community College Hero 3: All Things End (Call-Out for a Co-Writer: Post #1269)

Thankfully my team is named Knights of Nebraska, so there is no members limits. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Going down the ruthless path will ensure that you have no reason to hold back which will help you push your power to their limit, so it’s make sense why you need it for the Grade-9 Power, it make you a challenging foe without doubts and hesitation, be the one that can make tough calls and get things done.
Hesitation and the unwillingness to kill are not bad things to have but they hold you back which is the cause of many heroes failures and potentially harm to them or the people they wanted to protect (for example: Batman).

But, to me, what worse than a true villain is a murderous, arrogant hero. Gaining power from hurting others is a no-go for me, no matter how much they deserve it.
The true villains are the one doing what they do just for fun or because they can, most of the “villains” have their story about why did they become the way they did, maybe because of a tragic childhood, maybe they’re doing it for someone, whatever it is, they have a reason, something they’re fighting for.
Noone can judge a person just through how they look or talk, or what they’re doing, one can correctly judge someone is knowing why they’re doing what they do and what pushed them. So being like “They deserve it because they kill innocent” don’t make you any better if you kill them.
To me, heroes are supposed to be the icon of hope, justice, protection and self sacrifice, being the meaning of our better self, not being the Grim Reaper judging people if they’re live or die.

That’s my reason, so that leave me to the question. No, i did not kill Wyvern and will not allow myself going down the path i cannot walk back from, even if it mean I’ll suffer through greater struggles and failures that i have to learn the hard way. Even if my power never even go past any of my classmate, being a hero never meant to be powerful.
“With great power come great responsibility” you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into, it’s much more than just gaining power, will your character even themself when you achieve it?

Thank you, whoever read to this part. I know not all will agree and some will say I’m over thinking this more than i should be. But, i just want to make my point and move on. Thanks again.

2 Likes
Archetype

Stench
Soldier
Leader
Killed Wyvern
Dating Stunner
Rewards from McCormick and Hedonist
CW and Hedonist alive
Dream Power was force fields

2 Likes

Okay, I need a Zenith, and then a wildcard! I’ll work on getting these included in the next update.

1 Like

Zenith
Sharpshooter
Leader
Wyvern alive
Dating Stunner
Reward from Nil, Hedonist, McCormick
CW and Hedonist alive
Dream Power was force fields

We have our Zenith!

I’d like one more, which can be of any New Archetype.

*And note to the people submitting their stats: thank you very much! I will load the vast majority of your stats into the premade characters, but I will likely leave a couple fields open to be personalized by others who play the characters, especially name, orientation, and who they are dating, as those are probably the most personal, and they don’t mess with my stats anyways. It will still save people time if they are willing to “jump into” those builds.

Later this spring, I might update these builds with “end of Issue 9” stats, which would potentially make it possible to skip Issue 9 and jump right into Issue 10 for beta-testing purposes.

My approach in writing Part 3 is to try to limit creating new variables and to focus writing most choices affecting the variables you already have. This will make it a lot easier to beta test too, if there are fewer “forks.”

4 Likes

How many Ending goals we will be able to achieve?
And how many mid-game goals we will be able to achieve?

Could you tell us what Dirty Girl’s pink gas do?

There will be 4 End Game Goals. Ultimately you will be tested on just the one you pick at the end, so you can’t lazily pursue all of them; you need to focus yourself. But I’ll be fairly forgiving with the stat checks at the end (i.e. you won’t need a perfect score to succeed). That will be a HUGE issue in final testing, trying to calculate out how hard is “too hard”, and what is reasonable.

I’m a bit more fluid on Mid-Game Goals, as they will be less epic, and easier for me to handle, so likely the player would be able to pursue 2 of those.

And I don’t understand what you’re asking about DG?

3 Likes

At the end of the second game she creates a pink gas when you are talking with her and Synergy. I know the green gas can put people to sleep, the normal one she uses to conceal her, but I don’t know what the pink has does.

I don’t know what the pink gas does either. :thinking:

Apparently I need to re-read Part 2.

3 Likes

A few bugs to report:

Summary

The text says Whoosh is increased, but it actually increases Pow.

The relationship check checks for Stunner relationship instead of Dirty Girl

Continuity error from game 2 to 3. The Doctor Shock dossier says he is grade 8 instead of grader 9.

Any New Archetype

Acrobat
Leader
Didn’t kill Wyvern
Dating Synergy
Rewarded by Nil, Hedonist, Downfall and McCormick
CW and Hedonist are alive
Dream power was super strength

Thanks, @FabricSeat for filling in the 4th and final slot!

And wow @Urban, thanks for those catches. Will get those fixed for Update 4.

Since every single one of the archetypes is a leader, feel free to change my Stench one to a non-leader

1 Like

gee thanks, i am rarely join any comunity, so your kindness are really appreciated :smiley:

its make my day.

1 Like

hmm… i think it work like… extacy? (how do.i spell it?)… i mean, we all know that she’s an addict, especially if you after her romanticaly. and the effect seems similar enough.

@FabricSeat, is your character Zenith, Stench, or Tactician?

Zenith. Sorry for the lack of specification, I thought wildcard meant players would be able to continue it with any new archetype, so I went for Zenith so as to not get the lesser Ouch I could get from Tactician.

Okay, I can’t get this idea out of my head, but I can’t tell if it’s streets ahead, or if I’m Britta’ing this all up.

With the virus going on, and people needing a laugh, and with me absolutely binge-wrecking Community on Netflix, I feel super inspired to write a shortish (maybe 5,000 words or so), hopefully funny, interactive little “side-adventure” focusing on the Specktacular Seven study group. It would be a free update to CCH2, and wouldn’t affect the main plot in any way, but I might create a couple of unique variables for it.

It’s something I could probably entirely design and write this weekend, so it wouldn’t knock me too much off pace with CCH3 (I could still do another CCH3 demo update around April 26th), although I’d need some help beta-testing it.

So, thoughts? Silly or something worth putting out there?

21 Likes

If you feel inspire to write, you should write! And the desire to put out good things in hard times is a very generous impulse. Something can be silly and still worth doing, I say go for it!

5 Likes