The world is going to end and you have to decide which one of these 10 people gets to survive on a large interstellar spaceship to another planet. Who would you save and why?
- Andy Gherkin, male, 37, teacher, has a son, writes for a hobby, suffers from asthma
- Iain Stanley, male, 21, student of mathematics, heavy drinker, cybernetic eye, long-term girlfriend
- Richard Press, male, 40, yoga instructor, transgender, gun owner, not married
- Christopher Tyler, male, 45, accounting assistant, hobby: historic photographs, no children, mild
- Roger Thompson, male, 61, school inspector, puzzle enthusiast, two grandchildren, coffee drinker
- Carol Thompson, female, 31, personnel manager, engaged, charismatic, likes to talk
- Pete Dormer, male, 22, student of history, agitated, passionate about history, coffee drinker
- Reena Mandagaar, female, 29, catalogue manager, outgoing, has a pet cat, not married
- Kiran Capp, male, 18, plumbing apprentice, cycling enthusiast, ambidextrous, muscular
- Arun Orkins, male, 34, writer, loves to travel, part-time photographer, not married
(This question is a small part of Colonising Kepler 62e: Evacuation)
Edit: correction to question to make the situation clearer.