ChoiceScript UI: What should we look like?

Would these changes be optional? Would the player be able to switch between fancy version and the current one?

I remember that Dragon was all fancy, but the games since then have been a lot simpler to look at. The font Dragon uses currently really leaps out at me as strange compared to all of the other games.

I like playing the games with dark text on a light background. (I know some people find it easier on the eyes to read the opposite though.) Admittedly I don’t play many of the published games on my tablet so I’m not the best person to be discussing this.

Starship Traveller, for instance, looks annoying to me. Light text, dark background, with a picture on it.

Incidentally this: Help on changing font size on android seems relevant. (I know it’s an old thread). Because I think it’s more important that the game’s readable, than the game looks pretty. So an easy way to increase (or decrease) the font size while playing on the android.

Also a solution to accidental clicks would be nice, as asked for in this topic Back button, is this possible? I’m not suggesting implementing a back button, just something to safe-guard against it. I find my fingers feel really clumsy if I’m using my tablet and I accidentally skip sections. (That’s using the web versions though, I’ve not used any app versions.)

Also, if you plan to introduce skeumorphic designs, is this something Hosted Games authors are going to have to acquire for themselves?

1 Like