Choice thread glitches due to seemingly nonexistent error

I keep running into an error in my game where one of the choices doesn’t work and the error states that it is illegal to fall out of a choice statement without a goto or finish but I did indeed finish the block with the goto command so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I placed a copy of the problem code at the bottom of this post.

*if (Cedric = true)
          You notice, however, that Cedric was smart enough to grab a cheese knife making him the only one with anything resembling a decent weapon.
        *if (Cedric = false)
          You notice that the one you vaguely remember being introduced to you as Cedric has grabbed a cheese knife, perhaps all your men aren't useless after all.
          *goto backup
      #Tell the king to run and then follow him

Would it work if you put a *goto after the *if (Cedric = true) , at the end of the ‘decent weapon’ bit?

*if (Cedric = true)
You notice, however, that Cedric was smart enough to grab a cheese knife making him the only one with anything resembling a decent weapon.
(Need a gosub or goto here. That is why the error.)
*if (Cedric = false)
You notice that th

Yes that worked, I can’t believe that I didn’t see it before. Thank you so much for answering so quickly, I really appreciate your help.

No problem, I have made that error myself more times than I could count. :stuck_out_tongue: