Choice of the Petal Throne: Rise to glory on the battlefields of Tékumel™!

Hey guys I’ve played through it a couple times and anytime I try to romance Rayána she always ends up dying I was wondering if there is a way to keep her alive thank you!

I can’t figure out how to romance balesh someone PLEASE help?

Don’t let her fight in battle unless ur on the field to rescue her

Hi Hapamama93. It is easy to romance and marry Bálesh unless you chose to have assassins after you because you prevented an injustice. If you chose that there is no way to romance Bálesh, your fates are set. You have to play through with assassins after you for some other reason.

3 Likes

This is a fun game set in a very richly detailed world. Feels a little short, but it has a great deal of replayability.

1 Like

Quite a fun game indeed; the setting made me feel as though I’d been dropped into Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts’s world of Kelewan from their Empire trilogy :slight_smile: . The dungeon delving thingy did feel like it came out of the blue, but not necessarily in a bad way :smile:

A fantastic game with a beautifully in-depth world (albeit a somewhat unsatisfying ending), but I’m having trouble getting one achievement in particular:

How do I die??

No matter how incompetent with a sword my PC is, they end up surviving the battle of Sangmire as a prisoner. Or else Sayi saves them with a mysterious device.

I’m assuming that this is particular achievement is also the way to unlock two others (go to hell or heaven, based on your Noble Action score).

I apologize for the late response, but I’m late to this forum in general.

1 Like

This was of of my particular favorites, yet I cannot remember how to get that particular Achievement… I’ll play a few more playthroughs today and see if I can’t remember.

1 Like

I think I found a way to die, which can also get the ‘Heaven’ and ‘Hell’ achievements depending on your Noble Action score.SPOILERS AHEAD

1. Start out at the shrine with a primary skill in tactics and a secondary skill in magic.

2. Wash your hands of Sayi when she comes to you for help, and then ignore her afterwards. I’m not actually sure if this is necessary, but it might make her less likely to rescue you later.

3. Wherever possible, invest in charm and socialization rather than fighting skills. Make sure to keep Nirun your enemy.

4. Reject Sayi for the last time when she comes to your tent.

5. Take Sangmire using magic in a surprise attack. Rayana will get killed. This will make it easier for Nirun to kill you.

6. When underground, try to kill Nirun instead of trying to save him. Be aggressive to the various NPC’s.

7. Kill Sayi when she tries to betray you.

8)Nirun will kill you.

Overall, this course of action emphasizes selfishness and pursuit of pleasure, so you can end up in Dlamelish’s heaven or Avanthe’s hell; I haven’t tried other deities yet.

I haven’t tried it yet but it is too short of a cog.

1 Like

It reads well. for a 3-year-old game, its length is large.

4 Likes

How to get the achievement…“Blessed by the goddess”???

Be a Dlamelish worshipper, then go to Mottan’s room, relax with the priests, gamble with them, and then spend the night with them.

1 Like

Thanks … but use [spoiler] please when helping your cousin with the debt go to motten and etc

1 Like

@Daniellesque I know this thread is long dead, but I had a couple questions. Also I wanted to say I really enjoyed the game, Killing Sáyi in the end perfectly rounded off my character’s persona as the tragically honor-bound soldier. Also making each playthrough “canon” by implying it’s just an alternate timeline is very cool.

But my questions were related to the dungeon crawl. For one, did I make my character electrocute himself by stabbing a subway turnstile? Because that’s what I’m assuming the metal “demon” with three “arms” on each side was. Also, the paintings in the one hallway of the man holding the same metal object but each having a woman on a different beach, are they movie posters or something? My immediate assumption was that they were posters for like James Bond films, the metal object being his gun. Am I close to the mark here?

Glad you liked the game @Vorran !

Yes, you were defeated by a turnstile!`The posters are various ads, but I believe the metal object has writing on it and is some sort of consumable.

Thanks for @ing me
Danielle

1 Like

Hey btw what are the list of possible endings with Sayi?(in which she is alive)

This doesn’t explain anything,…how do I romance Nirún

1 Like