Choice of Robots: Your robots will change the world, but at what cost?

Of the “official” Choice of Games, this one certainly ranks up there as one of my favorites. To many of the others suffer a copy/paste for NPCs, romance interests, etc…but I felt the characters here were defined. Of course, the sheer variety of storylines was among the best part.

2 Likes

The fact that I absolutely love the Bay Area made me a bit homesick whenever it was mentioned (of course, my MC settled down in a mansion in Palo Alto. God knows how much that cost). My preference to the Control ending in Mass Effect 3 also kinda biased my choice in ending for CoR :joy:

1 Like

My favorite character is the one who became minister of robotics, was a multimillionairie and the most famous person in the world.

1 Like

Mine was a brutal Alaskan tyrant

1 Like

I almost went with the militry path, but my character was married with Juliet, and I knew she wouldn’t like if I tried to conquer Alaska.

Yeah, I didn’t bother with marriage for the military path. I was married to my glorious army of war machines.

I tried the military path, but my robot turned against me and killed me. Curse you, autonomy stat.

2 Likes

I just tried to take over the robots in the Grace path but got busted by Robo-cops because they had high autonomy. Oops.

My “canon” playthrough basically had my MC working towards the betterment of humanity (while amassing an unnecessary amount of wealth and prestige) and then deciding to keep the work going by joining the hivemind. Poor Juliet will have to put up with a very distracted husband.

2 Likes

I am sad this topic has gone so long without talk. I kicked up my CoR steam copy and have spent the last 4 hours playing about and reading it. I forgot how much I love it. The point where I got my starter bot to understand Braid actually made me tear up a bit. I love this game because it is an example of how people’s differing perspectives affect things and, however implausible, a single persons action can make an impact.

Mods - Don’t lock it up please, It’s an older game and I just felt the need to put a post on it. It’s not a thing.

5 Likes

43 of 72… Ugh. This… is going to take forever…

3 Likes

Since i came to know about this wonderful game and i am very new to it. Comment below and tell me 2 lines that why do you love this game.

Thanks!

Because it is bitter
And because it is my heart

6 Likes

Thinking of buying this because it seems to be like the character that is spooking in my head. He is an autism genius who programms ais just for the love of programming and want them to be as a family and love and help humanity like him. It seems this is suitable to fullfill this character Idea. Am I right?

I wouldn’t go as far as “autistic,” but yes, this game is for you.

If you want fiction about somebody who is literally autistic, I think the Netflix show Atypical is pretty good.

1 Like

Thank you again. This game is awesome and it really have impact in choices where nearly no gameplay is the same. I think now it is the best game on CoG.

Thanks for playing!

1 Like

Thanks for writing this Masterpiece.

1 Like

Wondering how I can attach this game to my CoG app when I’ve bought it on Steam. Or is that like asking for a DVD version of a BluRay?

I don’t know if Kevin reads these anymore but, I just wanted to let him know that I’ve put more time into this game than my top 5 put together. 237 hours on steam and god knows how many on my phone…

Oh yeah. Got a fix. I just bought the damn thing.

5 Likes

I’ve had this idea for the next game that I think could be cool. Since Choice of Magic was the latest one in the “series” and was fantasy-themed, the next one (if there is one-please make another game, Mr. Gold!) could be back to sci-fi, but instead of robots, it’s Choice of Genetics. You’d be creating genetic modifications, and ultimately deciding the evolution of humankind. You could focus on improving humanity as it is, or change it into something more inhuman, or maybe replace it with a new species you designed. There could of course be ways to take over the world too-a necessary part of any game! It would even be a little nod to the line about genetics becoming more prevalent that’s in some of the endings.

6 Likes