Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

Wow… that’s going to be hard…
Perhaps my current strength is able to attract followers, don’t have mage yet unless i recruit Sarcifer…
I don’t think i will have much Blood and Money…Lol :-):sweat_smile:

Unless, @Havenstone, is it possible Calea or that Aristrocrat RO in Book 2 sponsoring some money to us? :-):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Damnit @Havenstone The Politics and Nation building of Game 5 is the main reason I got into this series and while I love to learn more about it , it hurt to then realize that the series is only on book one and to think that it took @Havenstone years to make that (Even though I would think a good deal of it was just fleshing the world out to it’s fullest and doing his other job, Could be wrong)

1 Like

@Havenstone Now I wonder do you gotta be high CHA if you aiming go be contender for continental power since it focuses on your ability to attract people? Or is it like in ch4 where your possible extraordinary visions attracts certain people to your cause? Like high cosmopolitan or homelander and all that

The world-fleshing happens as I write, for the most part. I spent some time early on sketching out the basics of the world, and more when I pitched it to CoG, but it was a matter of dedicated days, not weeks or months.

The day job, on the other hand, ate two whole years of my time during the writing of Game 1, and most of another year was taken in polishing the final draft and publication prep. So I really wrote it over a four year period.

The day job has eaten most of the past year too, alas. I’ve fit in more world fleshing-out and lots of story planning, but the actual writing has been sparse. I can’t promise a Game 2 anytime soon. But as I’ve said elsewhere, my hope is that I’ll get a sabbatical from day-jobbing in a few years’ time, so we may get Games 3, 4, and 5 a little sooner than my track record so far would imply.

Fate880, you can achieve continental power with any combination of skills. To be a nonviolent transformer of the system at scale, you’ll need to max out your Charisma.

For violent rebels, Cha will also certainly help if you’ve got a small faction or none and still want to exert power at continental scale…but there will be other routes to success as a Genghis or Merlin as well.

9 Likes

Havie A question about your concept or non violence and or pacifism. Mara is non violent except is attacked, due I firmly believe in the legitimate defense. Would the game consider me violent? Because I think should recognize that I don’t attack or raid even if I respond to a direct attack.

It is a variant of pacific behavior classical. Tell me that I won’t be treated as a raider and that When I am not.

Also Take your time, we could wait for a working of your quality

The game will reward your behavior with low anarchy and all the benefits (and problems) that accompany a low-anarchy playthrough. Including of course better relationships with the groups you could be attacking but aren’t.

However, the nonviolence achievements will be reserved for the Gandhis and Kings out there who decline violence even in self defense.

4 Likes

King had a national government that was sympathetic, and he still was assassinated, while the Brits that Gandhi faced were nowhere even close to as ruthless as the Hegemony. I look forward to seeing how you make this believable.

4 Likes

I don’t care achievements, I mean I don’t want to being treated as a raider or something similar because I am not a hippie. Due It wouldn’t make sense. And self defense is a natural principle.

True nonviolence will be hard, i am happy with low anarchy… not going to do a perfect nonviolence route purposely… :slight_smile:

Considering low anarchy as potential energy, always conserve energy for one deadly blow :wink:

1 Like

Funny thing you and me following similar strategy for very different reasons… And I have already a hard core difficult due My total decision of never use blood magic

1 Like

No ethic is natural. It’s a plausible ethical principle that some people agree with and others disagree with.

Your decision not to use blood magic will limit the number of people willing to follow you – but that’s not the end of the game.

7 Likes

I love magic, so i sure will try to use it myself or ally with some Blood Mages as long as we have mutual agreement, i even don’t mind to work with undead too because no faction is truly evil, if some of the undeads can have mutual agreement with me… they will be powerful allies too :-):grin:

And @Havenstone, i suppose we can also request our attackers to surrender, then there won’t unnecessary violence :wink:

1 Like

What will be the max level for attributes?

Personally my strategy for my non-violent MC is to prevent his followers for being harrowed. Secondary is to strike. Starve the Hegemony of blood and labor and it will collapse under its own weight. The challenge is setting up some kind of shadow state while still avoiding the harrowing AND non-self-sacrificing blood magic.

It’s gonna be a steep climb. I think it will also rely on the other opposition groups being violent by proxy.

1 Like

There will be one point per game, so someone happy to bring a 0-level stat to Game 5 will have a top stat of 6.

6 Likes

It is natural as you attack any live being it defends from bacteria to a lion. No ethic is natural, but the act itself is.

@Havenstone will the knowledge of telos and healing affect how much we can teach future rebel theurges?

well it was a assumption and assumptions can be wrongs so, anyway I must say you did an amazing job during those dedicated days

1 Like

The extra stuff you can learn in Game 1 will have an effect in Game 2 – but Game 2 is also where you get a Theurgic teacher, so your knowledge will be accelerating pretty quickly from that point, no matter what you learned in G1.

8 Likes

I am dying to see If I can religious condemned to stake the Saucepan of Devil And Prepare my regal speech About How all blood mates are aberrations that has bring Xaos storms and bligh to the land.

1 Like