Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

Yes, very much so. #feeltheparanoia

Most people have their own ideas about traitors. @Havenstone himself has made it his goal to keep us speculating.

I’d be satisfied with the WIP thread for part 2 to be perfectly honest.

3 Likes

even at the start of the game? what would happen if i didn’t try to stop the harrowing?

You become like Mara. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
in other words you go to prison and get “rescued”, but you lose most of your potential game 1 followers in the process.

i expect the first opportunity for the mc to lose overall leadership will come after they survive the Xaos-lands and return.

lol I don’t know who Mara is :joy:

She’s a user who was famous for her “evil Gandhi” strategy, or nonviolently overthrowing the Hegemony and then Harrowing the helots just as ruthlessly as before. (In general, in testing we could always count on her to try something unique and evil.)

I wonder if Harrowing people counts as doing violence? :thinking:

3 Likes

she’s not a goete though, is she? do goetes also use helots blood?

Her character doesn’t have any magical knowledge. And Goety is the same kind of magic as Theurgy, it’s just what the Hegemony calls any illegal Theurgy.

oh, i thought they don’t use blood in their magic. i think harvesting people’s blood to fuel magic is just cruel especially when it’s not your blood.

anyway, it seems like I missed A LOT on my first playthrough. gonna have to play it again. can you help me with this:
In the games description, it says:
• Lead your outlaw band as a self-taught mage, a general, or a mystic priest
• Master the arcane magic of Theurgy and demolish the blood harvesters of the Hegemony
But how??? My MC is just an aristocrat with excellent combat skills.

Theurgy requires INT 2.

1 Like

How to restart from checkpoint?
I’m at the part when you need to decide future plans fir the band in the summer. So, soon after checkpoint. I clicked the wrong choice and would like to restart that (didnt help that it seems a big decision with very vague explanations, still not sure what Breden’s plan to melt away means).
So how can i get back to my last checkpoint? Do i restart the game and will have that option? Do i need to proceed and die somehow to get restart checkpoint option? Is it somewhere in the menu and i missed it? Dont really like the idea of repeating all my choices to this point playing from scratch.

You should be given an option at the end of the game where you can replay from each chapter. I don’t think you can chose to go back while playing through however. You may be given the option between chapters to revert the previous, but I don’t think that will help you.

is there any way to increase your trait points (CHA, COM, INT)??

You should be able to raise one stat by one point in the next game (hopefully early on in, but we’ll just have to wait and see what’s gonna be what in the next game at this point), which isn’t out, or even in public beta/wip yet, so no. After you’ve made your initial stat choices that’s it for this installment.

3 Likes

so I was reading a lot of posts on this thread, and i think being COM2 INT1 is kind of boring?? because that’s how my MC is and then i read these posts about characters like mara, simon, suzanne, carles, korzac(?) who i have no idea about, and how your MC can learn magic and teach Yebben. the only time i actually got to talk to yebben is deciding whether i should change the rations or not and then after that it’s just like he disappeared

The characters in question have nothing to do with your ability stats and everything to do with your politics and actions. Try playing another character type and you might see some of them.

You only see Carles if you take the “folkways” option at the very beginning, by the way. You can only save him if you’re a helot, and see him again if you’re strongly Homelander.

Simon/Suzane joins you if your anarchy at the end of Ch. 2 is below 21.

Korszata joins you if you have a very high Cosmopolitan stat.

Mara isn’t a character in this game, she’s a poster on the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

oh so sorry! i thought she was a character in the game lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
thanks again!

I was wondering that if you romance any of the characters in book 1 are you liked ‘locked in’ with their romance or can you romance someone else in sequels…?

Was wondering because one of my mc is romancing Breden, but she’s kinda becoming hesitant of her after the chapter 4 (took her though to the Xaos-lands because she couldn’t trust her enough to act as the deputy anymore)

Also I’m pretty new so kinda confused how things work around here around here…

hope @Havenstone would be able to read this:
in the next book, can we meet any of the characters that we didn’t meet in book 1?

also, how old is breden?

Well to be fair, she’s or was both, most of her characters were also named Mara. :laughing:

Which tells me something about Halassur’s strategic objectives with regards to Shayard and the Hegemony.

Well, Carles appears to be a genuine Shayardene patriot, but yes. Halassur wants maximum disruption, and the best way they can find to do that is to back the Gryphon. As Horion pointed out, Shayard is the strongest of the archonties, but places like Erreziano, Nyr and Wiendrj won’t support a Shayardene Homelander revolt. So the Laconniers provide the best chance of damaging the Hegemony in ways that a low-Anarchy cosmopolitan revolt wouldn’t.

1 Like