Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

That could be a lot of pressure for the poor guy before he is done :smile:

Although on a personal front, I know when someone first read something I worked on Youtube, it felt surreal…that someone liked something I wrote to do it, and some people actually watched it.

5 Likes

Just finished my first playthrough and I have to say, I’m thoroughly impressed! The writing is great, and it reminds me a bit of my own (post Trial of the Demon Hunter.) The replay ability is massive and the choices we’re given are tough but satisfying. My only wish is that we got to interact with the characters a bit more, because they all seem quite interesting. Now, onto a Noble playthrough!

6 Likes

Say, just how powerful a 3 int Theurge is?

As far as I’m aware there’s not too much info available, but we have some bits we can piece together. From the World Index:

From the Stats code we can see some concept of the player’s power relative to the Kyklos system:

Super Special Secret Stats Stuff
*if int = 2 and theurgy > 1
	self-described Theurge and self-taught dabbler in the arcane arts
*if int = 3
	Theurge of the First Kyklos
*if int = 4
	Theurge of the Second Kyklos
*if int > 4
	Theurge of the Third Kyklos

So we can take Intellect 3 to be a novice level Theurge. Cerlota the rebel Theurge is mentioned to be of third rank, so hopefully we’ll get some good schooling from her and learn some new tricks :herb:

6 Likes

Out of the 30+ choice and hosted games I have on here, rebels is one of three I replay regularly. @Havenstone , you’re a treasure.

5 Likes

Such a fun, deep game, really immersive!
I was also very happy to know that there will be more coming and I’m looking forward to it.
I hope we can romance Hector in the future too. :stuck_out_tongue:
Really, it’s an amazing game. Keep up!

Yeah, it’s an endlessly replayable game. You can play over ten times through and still find unique content, and both fantasy fans and RPG minmaxers will find things they like here (fortunately, I’m both!). I particularly liked my “raging douche aristocrat” playthrough, wherein I got to see truly how poorly the Karagond nobility regard their lessers.

I also just played on a Helot 2CHA/1COM (Ruthless/Devout/Homelander) build that I call the Scoundrel, after the persuasive rogue from the KOTOR series. Honestly, it feels more powerful than anything I’ve played. You focus on accruing massive numbers of followers (easier with a Charisma build), and you become the Angel’s Eclect and trick Zvad into staying. Accuse Breden of being a Kryptast and send her away on Act 4, or just be distrustful of her in Act 2 so she runs away by herself.

At the time the Archon’s Army struck, I had 650 adult followers, 450 with steel arms (but you don’t need this many). Apparently, Zvad is some kind of war deity, and if he’s your deputy and raider, he will butcher the Archon’s troops wholesale in his raids. You’ll eventually kill so many that, after killing Theurges/Supply/Plektoi, the Archon will call off the attack after one round of battle.

You’ll still lose over half your people, but you’re starting from a larger base, so it’s not that big a deal.

2 Likes

I made a Steam Guide for an easy yet fun build for newbies: an Aristocratic Wisard!

2 Likes

Love it. Especially the Palpatine quote. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks!

To be honest, Aristo Theurge isn’t my favorite build (I’m thinking it is the 2CHA/1COM Helot “prophet”), but I thought it was the easiest for newbies to both pilot through the winter, and to beat the Archon with. I’m working on a guide for a 2COM/1CHA High Anarchy Helot build, which is for more experienced players, and requires more juggling of mules and rations and raids.

Also I feel terrible whenever I’m a dick to Breden just for gameplay-related reasons. I guess you can circumvent this if you want to run away or to split off into the camps, rather than fight the Archon.

I found another bug. I use zvad to kill breden but even after this Radmar come tell me later that breden gain too much influence if i use him/her in mission.

3 Likes

Thanks – that’ll be fixed in the next update!

3 Likes

This one hell of a great game but i cant even finish it its to hard for me but great work all the same.

Havenstone, I was just informed by a review on Android that you’re a greedy idiot for not giving away a 600k word novel that you worked on for 6 years for free. How could you?!

28 Likes

Indeed, I was blinded by filthy lucre. @BiliousKid2003 has shown me the error of my ways.

17 Likes

'Tis the season, right?

1 Like

Humbug! I DEMAND that @Havenstone is buried in Mules carting Gold pieces
in the event that is not a viable option cash and praise…or just cash.
twas a good game.

1 Like

Lol makes me wish for a not helpful review or a down thumb…I do not know how you authors deal with such silly things.

4 Likes

Yep…and I personally despise the “free to download” model to begin with. It’s very painful to see 1 star reviews because your title wasn’t free.

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Those are the most painful reviews. My best suggestion for that sort of thing is to absolutely bury those silly reviews with thoughtful, detailed, and praise-filled reviews of our own when we come across a game like this that deserves it.

15 Likes