Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

Indeed, my preference would still be for a cold war-esque relationship as I believe any regime my mc establishes is fundamentally incompatible with the current regime and emperor of Halassur and even a hypothetical “brother” revolutionary Halassur would still be cause for apprehension more than anything else for my mc and would greatly complicate a lot of things overall.

In any case my mc would be very interested in ending the current cycle pointless border wars of the Hegemony with Halassur even if it is only to exchange them for possible proxy wars and supporting insurgents in Halassur and conversely guarding against Halassur sponsored rebels like the damnable Laconniers. .
Whatever tiny tidbits we do know about the current Emperor of Halassur don’t seem to bode well though…:worried:

5 Likes

All these great new COG and Hosted coming out and I’m over here still waiting for a sequal to Choice of Rebels.
Probably still my favourite COG EVER

4 Likes

Oh mine too by far. Im so curious who the traitor was

1 Like

Oh. I guess I just play a nice noble and a mean helot lol.

Well, that is how it was meant to be. :wink:

Simon and Suzane don’t like it if you act like a real rebel. Attacking Hegemony institutions causes the Rim to spiral out of control real fast.

4 Likes

Did a replay of this game because I felt like avoiding some responsibilities. I don’t think this needs to be marked as a spoiler, but I’ll do it anyway, just in case.

Right now I’m convinced that your father is the traitor. He has the motive and I think he has the means. He’s very infatuated with the idea of house grandeur, if you play as a noble, and he might be convinced that the best way to achieve this is to be a rat for the hegemony. He is one of the people you never test for treachery in the spring, and given that he never really has any jobs (and is probably left unmonitored a good amount of the time) he absolutely could send messages to outsiders. Breden has proven to be willing to take reckless risks because I don’t think he fully comprehends the potential risk of certain situations, like lighting fires during the winter and justifying it with a joke about theurges willing to fly in bad weather deserving “something for their trouble,” and obviously rounding up dozens of helots to discuss rebellion without taking enough precautions. I have no doubt he’d leave food unattended, giving someone else the chance to poison it; it’s completely consistent with his character. It’s also totally likely that back in the rim your father saw you sneak out to attend one of the meetings. Maybe he made some sort of deal with the hegemony about sparing you that he mistakenly thought they’d honor; I don’t know. Maybe he left your involvement out and the hegemony figured it out. I don’t think he’d be willing to see you harrowed in the beginning, but after your rebellion has begun and you’re in the woods, I think he’d be willing to see you die. He’s willing to dramatically proclaim you dead, after all.

4 Likes

I can see that for the noble father but not the helot one. The helot one would have to do it almost purely out of spite as the Hegemony is never going to raise up a helot.

1 Like

Oh, we’re not getting into this conversation again. Guessing and guessing, going round in circles while we wait years for the answer. Stupid conversation. We already went over almost every “possible” traitor last month, last year, the year before last year, the year before that

3 Likes

You know no Breden no poison, right? No attempts and no bullshit. It the father where the traitor he would poison people regardless of Breden And you can put your father to work on.

It has no sense of father helping hegemony after we have been declared heretic. Not us our lineage. That includes him. The reason why If you don’t stop the harrowing they jailed your father too. Is a crime of lineage so all family is to blame

1 Like

I find it actually stupidly funny how if you kick Breden out at the earliest convinience, the traitor is only mentioned once in the game proper.

“Oh, we could have a traitor!” (months pass) “Guess we didn’t!”

1 Like

Yeah like I never have Beeden except testing I have no paranoia in my group lol. The difference between Breden and no Breden is like day and night. I don’t understand why in hell someone could want have Breden nearby. Except to killing xhim later.

1 Like

So many people must have played without kicking Breden out early that it’s just fascinating that people who kept Breden around talk about the traitor as if it’s a big thing. The traitor is a non-issue if you don’t recruit Breden.

There are players out there who have never encountered a need to search for the traitor. They couldn’t care less about the traitor. They have a completely different experience of the game.

“Who’s the traitor?” - Breden players
“What traitor?” - non-Breden players

5 Likes

In fact My only interest for the traitor is to use that to blame and kill Breden later. Mara gives a shit about traitor or not. In fact, the no have kids and have no deads any raiding. Make all so pleasant. Mara and Mr pumpkins are happy in the winter.

traitor is possibly mentioned even if Breden isn’t part of the group, but you stopped the harrowing, and attacked the de Merre house during the winter. they had more guards than usual and mc brings up the traitor from Rim Square with Zvad then
Or at least that’s how I remember it it could be i’m remembering incorrectly

In all honesty I’d find the idea father being a traitor bit dull idea from writing point of view, especially because his death is unavoidable. So if were to be discovered he was the traitor from Rim Square, it’s be kinda “oh okay” because the dude is dead and was kinda of a jerk toward the end. So i’m not sure how big of a shock it would be for mc or players to find out he was the traitor

Yeah, it’s mentioned, but not even half as much. You also don’t get poisoned food if Breden isn’t part of the group.

2 Likes

And the fact id you poking nobles in their states you will have spies and traitors. But they don’t have to be same and don’t have to be same and only one.

Please: I don’t ever want longstanding readers trying to prevent others from having conversations just because “we” had them a while ago. (Especially if you then go on to post five more posts reiterating your perspective from said past discussions.) That’s not cool.

If you want to reference the last time we talked through this, toss in a link. If you actually dont want to talk about it again, then ignore the thread til the conversation changes again. It will soon enough.

But please don’t shame people and shut down their enthusiasms on my thread. And especially don’t call a conversation “stupid” when many people enjoy talking about it.

14 Likes

Honestly, this has been going on for ages. It’s practically the only thing reviving this thread every few weeks. There’s no point we haven’t already discussed in this thread alone. Guess I’ll just mute this topic for the future, then.

1 Like

Just let the new people have their fun too Laguz, even if it is going over old ground.
Once Havenstone actually has a forum WIP for the next part maybe the threads could be split between discussion and demo feedback (as in retain this thread for discussion)?

Sure, but not a very good one, since he let the mc’s rebellion happen under his nose? If he thinks the Hegemony is going to take him back and let him become a helot elder or something he is deluded. If the hegemony would have caught us while he was still alive they’d slow harrow him right next to us.

I still think the theory that there is more than one spy or double agent among the rebellion remains the most plausible and Breden definitely is one of the Hegemony “assets”.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I’ve read through the earlier stages of this thread off and on but apparently not enough to realize quite how dead this particular horse is. Sorry for bringing it up if nobody is super interested in that discussion at the moment.