Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

oh i thought i can also meet him with COM2 or CHA2 MC :sweat_smile:

thanks!

Can’t wait to see what the part 2 beta will be like then. :grin:
It’s okay by me though, I’ve always preferred the Watsonian perspective whenever possible when it comes to my escapism.

1 Like

Hi

I begin choices of rebels soon.
I would like to know what are ro for female ?

Thanks you

Same as RO for male: Breden, Kalt/Kala and Simon/Suzane.

Thanks you ramidel for your answer

Played the game for the first time in a while, honestly I’ve grown fond of 2CHA builds because they allow you to amass very large hordes. I think the following builds are great, even with suboptimal play they still rout the Archon’s army even after the poisoning, so you can keep Breden by your side

2CHA/1COM Ruthless/Devout/Homelander High Anarchy Helot
2CHA/1INT Compassionate/Devout/Cosmopolitan Low Anarchy Aristocrat

The latter build is more challenging for the Winter (because you want to be nice to Nobles and Merchants, as befits your aristocratic blood).

1INT is good for Aristocrats because a Low Anarchy player doesn’t have much opportunity cost for robbing Architelone. Robbing Yeomen is pretty much mandatory for this playthrough.

On High Anarchy Helot games, I never bother with Architelone, I prefer to rob Nobles, and I go after Noble grain farms as well.

I recommend going Eclect so you can manipulate Zvad into staying for the battle.

I don’t have any difficulty amassing giant armies with a lower CHA myself. The bigger problem with oversized armies, though, is that you then need to arm them.

When I do aristocrat runs, I’m still willing to (very lightly) collect “taxes” from the aristocrats and merchants - one hit against each doesn’t destroy my credibility, and they give a lot more juice for the squeeze than yeomen.

I think you have it backwards. If you’re trying to limit your anarchy to get Simon, hitting the Architelone is painful. On the other hand, if you’re going for high anarchy, getting rid of her just causes that much more damage. There’s no opportunity cost to speak of.

2 Likes

Right, but I’ve found that ~650-700 with ~400 armed does better against Archon than ~500 with all of them armed. This is compounded if you want to keep Breden around for the poisoning (she is the game’s waifu).

Of course, there are other advantages to a 2COM character, especially if you do not want to fight the Archon. I think if you want to let the Harrowing happen and have a smaller force (but have the Laconnier’s theurgic weapon in exchange), 2COM is better.

Additionally, a 2CHA Eclect can manipulate Zvad into staying, and Zvad deals outsized damage against the Archon’s forces.

When I do aristocrat runs, I’m still willing to (very lightly) collect “taxes” from the aristocrats and merchants - one hit against each doesn’t destroy my credibility, and they give a lot more juice for the squeeze than yeomen.

Hmmm, occasionally “taxing” nobles and merchants may be optimal. I played the 2CHA Aristocrat with the intent of never harming nobles and merchants, so I was stuck robbing yeomen for more mules. I’m not sure what the point of being nice to merchants was, because I don’t think I got much of anything out of it (even when I helped Alaine with smuggling). Maybe my restraint will pay off in later games though.

I think you have it backwards. If you’re trying to limit your anarchy to get Simon, hitting the Architelone is painful. On the other hand, if you’re going for high anarchy, getting rid of her just causes that much more damage. There’s no opportunity cost to speak of.

Sorry, I misspoke. What I meant instead of “Low Anarchy” was “leaves the nobles alone” (which usually happens on Low Anarchy runs). I find that robbing the 2 noble estates is better than robbing Architelone if you don’t care about pissing off people. You could just rob everyone, but that means you aren’t allocating those men to recruiting and building up a force.

I didn’t have an Anarchy problem in my Noble playthrough, but I spared the Theurge and other people after the Harrowing.

IIRC, there is no variable for the blade, so I don’t think it will carry over.

Right, but you still get to use the weapon in the final battle, where it pays massive dividends.

First, when built that way it’s harder to convince your army to fight in the first place. Remember that Breden’s influencing against you, Eclect or not. Second, strength doesn’t win battles, what wins battles is cooking their supply train and killing their theurges. (INT2 is actually better for theurge-killing, but that should go without saying.)

Heresy. Suzane is love.

I hit one merchant mule train and one noble estate in my quiet runs. Merchants give very good loot in terms of mules, even if you can’t pay them off for it, and one mule train may not interfere with cutting a deal with Alaine (which is of limited use anyway).

I think the Breden issue is a valid concern, but as a 2CHA character, you can replace Breden as a recruiter/negotiator on many missions, slow down her influence rise, and override her as Chapter 4 begins. I overrode her on my Helot game. On my Noble game, I got lazy and failed to override her (I could have done it if I micromanaged the winter better, though perhaps at the cost of some soldiers), but it didn’t make much (if any) difference on the battle itself.

(EDIT: Just played as a 2CHA Ruthless/Devout/Homelander High Anarchy Aristo. I overrode Breden again. It might be that you need Kala/Bethune/Radmar to help you speak, but I’m not sure.)

I agree with you on winning battles, but I want to win with the most men remaining (which is contingent on defeating the Archon as soon as possible in the final round, before he can use flanking and air support to kill more and more of your army). After much experimentation, I’ve found that for both 2CHA and 2COM builds, it’s better to have a larger army where most people are armed and trained, as opposed to a smaller army where everyone is armed and trained.

Heresy. Suzane is love.

Right, but didn’t Havenstone say that Breden is supposed to be of the sex that the player character prefers (unless you’re bisexual)?

Anyways, maybe my Male Helot can make Calea a waifu in the next game…then I can happily kill off Breden in Uprising haha.

I can confirm that *set tagmasword true exists.

6 Likes

Well, that’s the advantage of 2INT - the enemy theurges are usually no longer a problem by that point and enemy morale is in the crapper.

1 Like

By any chance, do you know how a user can take a look at the game’s code? There’s some things I wanted to check.

4 Likes

Thanks!

I’m trying to find out how to make the Nobles love you as much as possible.

Being a noble is most of it. Also, not attacking nobles. (They’re kinda squiffy about cosmopolitanism, unlike yeomen.)

1 Like

Try practically all of it, oh ye great master of understatements. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not surprisingly since the Shayardene ones who might be sympathetic to the idea of rebellion and overthrowing the Hegemony already seem to have by and large thrown in their lot with the Halassur funded Laconnier usurpers. :unamused:

It’s not even that. They respect the old blood and old Shayardene ways, but they also respect an old-blooded Shayardene who’s willing to give all that up by taking a Karagond name.

It’s the yeoman class who are mostly “Shayardmen proud and true.”

And even a helot can earn a certain degree of tolerance from the nobility - and much more than tolerance in later books. Meanwhile, I’m sure that Havenstone has set up traps that lie in wait for our aristocratic MCs :slight_smile:

1 Like