Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

As long as you don’t piss them off TOO much, when Horion and Linus shows up in chapter 3 you can proclaim yourself chosen of the angels and then in preparation for the final choice in chapter 4 you can donate some of your money to priests to get them to favor you more.

2 Likes

What @varroth said, if youare devout enough, and either follow the Inner Voice or Chosen of the Angels path, several Diakons will convert to your cause, and then you can use your drachems to buy back the Priesthoods favour in Chapters 3 and 4 (it even mentions that your generosity goes a long way in regaining their favour).

Korszata and Bjel, two of the twenty Whendry clansmen you gain if you have a high enough cosmopolitan stat (believe it’s over 75)

1 Like

How much does it cost to make them favor you? I ask this because I plan on fighting.

I believe I read earlier that 1500-2000 was enough

@varroth and @Ringleader
FYI edited my post slightly above to show my general choice path. Trying to keep anarchy at 20 in time to recruit simon and company. I have not found the correct balance between raiding and food.

I guess more a more useful question would be, what raids cause how much anarchy?

I’m not sure if it was mentioned yet but if you choose Inner Voice then you’ll get 70 helots that will have good weapons along with 12 priests. For the Chosen path, you get like 40 helots with some priests. Just thought you guys would like to know.

Edited: One of the priests that joins you in chapter 4 will be that priest that you pay to give a blessing to your band in Chapter 2 if you don’t raid the Tithe farms. He seems a bit reluctant to join but after meeting you, he seems to have some new found respect for you.

1 Like

I haven’t seen an option to pay a priest for a blessing, how do you get this?

Happens after the winter.

I can’t say how much raids raise anarchy, I haven’t checked each individual raid and it’s anarchy level.

However:

Week 1

• Send scouts look for mules to steal from Alastors
  • No mules for sick.
  • Raid yeomen for mules.
  • Raid yeomen for mules and grain.

Week

• Raid for mules from yeomen/alastors
  • Set all mules for food.
  • Raid a Tithe Barn. Go for as much grain as possible.
  • Send scouts for another tithe barn.

Keep raiding Tithe Barns each fortnight and send scouts to look for new ones as much as possible.
You should have a solid haul from each Tithe Raid, supplement this with hunting for rabbits and persuading helots to share.
Once you have enough mules to have more on food than sick, split them.
You can use Breden to gain a spot of bushels and three mules, but they use it to improve his position in the rebellion.

Soon as you finish winter, and get to buy things with your loot. One option is to pay a Diakon to perform the Sacrament for the band.

Also, anyone know how to escape the army after sending most of the band back to the helot camps? The rest get decimated trying to sneak past the Army Camp near the Ward, then it breaks down into a just the MC running and bumping into Yed after losing contact with the others.

Edit: Ninja’d by @MossHeart

3 Likes

I think I saw someone just post something about teaching all of their rebels to be literate in order to infiltrate and escape.

also, how many times can you raid a tithe barn and still afford to buy back the clergy’s good graces?

Ah, only the Diakons in my band are literate. I had no option to teach them (at 1 INT)

I raided practically fortnightly, and came out on top. I get the Diakons and their seventy helots as a Devout, and the Priesthood only send like two Ecclesiasts with a few dozen helots after me in the final battle. It’ll be hard to stay on their real good graces without raiding nobles, merchants, or yeomen through winter.

I think raiding the Alastor garrisons increases anarchy by 4 if you show mercy, and 6 if you don’t. Raiding the noble estate and showing mercy is the one that only causes 1 anarchy. All grain raids seem to cause 1 anarchy.

If you want to donate to the priesthood then you need to keep their relations above the level where they are your “implacable enemies.” If you do that then the choice should be shortly after you decide your strategy in Chapter 4.

Literacy is amazing if you are trying to evade the Archon’s army or if you’re trying to infiltrate the helot camps. If you’re evading and you choose to divide the enemy army’s loyalties, every literate follower you have reduces their morale by 2 points each. If you’re infiltrating the camps, then every literate follower hides 3 followers. I usually spend weeks 7, 8, and 9 teaching almost all my bandits how to read for this reason.

5 Likes

Maxing out stats and losing the least amount of people

1 Like

I am assuming this can’t be done on IOS?

with char 2 you can get away by robbing aristo’s 2-3 times

Actually, it is said that if the army fail then they will face the wrath of the Archon which I can’t imagine to be too pretty.

Futhermore, like I said, you get the chance to kill Plektois and Theurges which is arguably as damaging as killing off a bunch of Phalangites

So yeah, hiding has its boons

1 Like

how did you do that? i have 2 char and my character is a member of Arystocracy but the people are starving, all the time and i don’t know what to do to get them food without getting the Nobility angry with me

I was char 2 int 1
so first week just get mules, and rob the farmers. Also meet for
robbing the tax collector
2ND week send scouts to find nobles to rob
and work with merchants.
when you rob the nobles always choose the least violent option, you can
do this only with char 2
after the first one you rob you should have enough for few weeks, don’t
be ashamed to rob the religious institutions for grain and mules.
Just monitor to keep your anarchy below 21

1 Like

What if we publicly use e theurgy to stop the harrowing

I haven’t tried out that option yet but I would assume after self teaching Theurgy and using it only once so far, it would end up in disaster once you challenge Chirex at the Harrowing with it. Don’t forget Chirex has at least 3 blood phials and there’s another Theurge with 4 blood phials at the Harrowing.