Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

But if you try to intervene and fail, both of you end up in the Keriatou dungeon, and the MC literally remarks on how relatively unbruised and unbattered Breden is, compared to the MC themself, who gets slammed into the ground by the Theurge. Of course, if you go that route, you find out that Elery is faking unconsciousness on the Harrower platform, which briefly led me to suspect her. Not that I believe she’s a good candidate, but we can punch holes in “everyone other than Radmar or Breden is 100% in the clear”.

But on the whole, I’d say “suspect the recently arrived stranger over people you’ve known your whole life” is quite reasonable. Especially given that the MC also remarks that Breden does not resemble any helot they’ve ever known. Double especially considering what de Firiac says when you almost accuse them of being a Kryptast, although I’d say that’s probably more a reference to Kalt/Kala, but it could still be taken as a nod to Breden.

What interests me most is, assuming Breden is a Kryptast asset, how far does their allegiance go in the story to come? More interestingly yet, how far does that allegiance vary, based on the player’s actions? Not just in terms of whether their motivations are consistent from game to game, but whether the player’s loyalty (or friendship, or love) affects their decision of how to act towards the rebellion as a whole. Part of why I’m so invested in the Breden romance, and relatively apathetic about future romances.

4 Likes