Choice of Games has a new forum

I’d say this forum is a’ight… the comment box is a huge improvement to me, with all the text options up top… I think it could use a color change, make it a madhouse of a different color, but other than that, the only problem I have is an inability to find the private messages. Any help with that?

@Doctor Just click your picture in the top right for message options.

@eleazzaar There’s talk of categories here. With a Choicescript Help category, a category just for Tutorials may be redundant, or may be great under a branch.

The more I use this forum system, the better I like it. It’s actually a huge improvement.

@Lucid, upon entering that area, I’ve discovered all 3 message subfiles to be empty… are all the private messages deleted??

@Doctor Mine are all there. Going to message or profile, it puts it on the left. There’s some sub categories, including All, Mine and Unread. All of my private messages are still there, although the unread flag is lit. I’ll send you a message, see if it pops up the area for you.

This new forum looks very neat and clean. I like it.

It will take some time for me to adjust to the the new design, but it is definitely an improvement.

I hate the new forum on my phone. Scrolling to see the latest posts is a pain. I lost all my PM’s in the switch. Plus replying from my phone is a major pain. :frowning:
I cannot are the box when typing from my phone. I do like how easy it is to read. I would like to see a badge for those of us from the old guard.

1 Like

The mobile site, it looks empty, way too empty.

Hmm this new forum is kinda fancy!

Im clicking everything i see, just to know what it does! :smiley:

2 Likes

How/why is replying a pain on a phone? (This was posted from my Android phone.)

Regarding lost private messages, that is not expected, and may be fixable. I’ve sent you an email.

I also see that i lost some pm’s, or well, i lost about 2000 messages in 1 pm

@P0RT3R or anybody else who’s lost PMs, send an email to support@choiceofgames.com with an example of a PM you’ve lost, e.g. an email receipt of a PM.

@dfabulich, will logging in going to be an issue, because I just tried to log in. The usual way didn’t work for me, even though I haven’t changed my password or email, so I had to log in via Facebook

If your password didnt work, make a new one

1 Like

One quick question guys, are any of you having complications trying to access links to work in progress games. Maybe it’s the wifi in where I live, but I can’t seem to access them

For example? I just clicked on this link in the top post of Legacy of the Assassin and it worked fine. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/206818228/web/mygame/index.html

I was a bit rash and harsh in my judgment of the forum software . Want to thank Dan for addressing all my concerns. While I am not a fan of the software yet, I see some very good features and think in time will enjoy it.

Finally I could log in. I’ll need some time to adjust

Where can I select the smileys?

Am I right in thinking that PMs no longer support multiple recipients? If I’m not, how do I add them? And if I am, is there a good alternative, do we have groups or something?

Edit: Sorted, thanks @Reaperoa

Certain things are tied to the trust level system, but we should be able to issue multiple person PMs. I’ll test it out in just a moment to get back to you on the details.