Choice of Alexandria Issues

So, I noticed that Alexandria was in the App store and I downloaded the trial, and then bought the full game. I wasn’t liking where my character was going and restarted the game. Once I got back to the title screen and wanted it to restore my purchase, it acts like it never existed. Is this something that needs to be fixed on the CoG side, or do I need to pester Amazon to get a refund?

Restarting the game shouldn’t make you have to pay for the game again. I’ve never used the Amazon store for Choice of Games though. Are you sure the initial payment went through? This sounds like the sort of bug you might want to email choice of games directly about though.

I would email CoG support they should help you or point you in the right direction.

Email confirmation went through for “The rest of the game” as Amazon typically labels these things. Also have the order number and all of that good stuff. CC shouldn’t be having any other problems as well. Think I’ll do the email.

1 Like

Whoa whoa whoa, Choice of Alexandria is out? News to me. I’ll see if there’s a similar issue on Android, since I buy…basically every single one of these, anyway.

Is “56,000 words” accurate? I ask because that seems much shorter than other games that have come out lately.

I haven’t played it. It’s described as a novella though, so I’d guess that’s about right? It’s still longer than Broadsides and Dragon I do believe.

It doesn’t actually appear to be officially released yet. I can’t seem to find it anywhere but Amazon and there’s been no announcement yet.

Hmm Amazon says: “Choice of Alexandria” is an interactive novella by Kevin Gold, author of “Choice of Robots.” Your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based–56,000 words, without graphics or sound effects–and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Google Chrome says:
“Choice of Alexandria” is an interactive novella by Kevin Gold, author of “Choice of Robots.” Your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based–90,000 words, without graphics or sound effects–and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

1 Like

It’s definitely available on google. And yeah, 56,000 words is a tad shorter than usual, but with how fantastic Robots was, I don’t doubt this is just as fantastic.

I’ve searched for it on Google Play and it doesn’t show up for me. (It might with a direct link)
It does show on Google Chrome.

Okay https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.choiceofgames.alexandria is showing it. Searching didn’t though. Weird.

I bought it on the Apple Store and it said it was 88,000 words. Interesting.

It’s pretty good; not nearly as in-depth as Robots, which is my favourite CoG game, but it manages it remarkably well for how short it is.

1 Like

I can’t explain the issues of the OP, but I can explain the differing word counts. The game jumped over 30,000 words between the end of beta and the current version of the game, because at the last minute I had some good ideas for how to add replay value and more hidden secrets to the game. The multiple endings in different time periods, the ability to decide at the beginning to be evil, and some possible intrigue with the Egyptians were all added in this period. My last count was at 88,000, and I don’t know whether CoG rounded up for the 90,000 figure or if the game just gained some extra words in copyedit when I wasn’t looking. But the advertisements for the game may not have all been updated.

8 Likes

Have you all played it yet

1 Like

The description on Steam also says “56,000 words”, maybe it should be changed. And is there a date for Steam release? It only says “Coming soon” on the Steam page. The waiting is killing me.

Yeah, it’s pretty fun.

I already have 24/25 achievements and I’ve gotten all seven endings.

It is. Could you explain the achievements

Did you uninstall it?

Dang. So, if you’re just short of one achievement, I figure you know if there’s romance or not? I’m doubting it since there’s usually a mention of it (i.e. being able to choose the MC’s sexuality) but I figured I’d ask. :smile:

I wouldn’t say romance is an emphasis of the game, but it’s possible, either late in the game for two characters or if you find the right path for a third. You don’t choose your sexuality; you just have the option of romancing these people under the right circumstances regardless of your gender.

1 Like

Oh, and there’s another character you can marry, but I wouldn’t call it a romance; and you’re sometimes involved in a romance in the final chapter, which you usually play from the perspective of someone who isn’t your main character. But I assume none of these are romances in the sense you meant.