Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

At this point, it’s probably for the best that the questions are left unasked. I have a feeling that it would traumatize some of us.

3 Likes

If y’all have questions, just throw up your hands and say ‘Gods’.

Answers them every time.

3 Likes

My God, Nyx is quaking right now.

Nyx: tHINK YOU’RE SO CHARMING HUH?
Bildresultat för triggered gif

2 Likes

aaaaaaaahhhh me too pls but I have yet to find a faceclaim for Kasia :sob:

💜

You’re a lifesaver

Thank you

1 Like

Basically, Dionysus’s mother got tricked into asking to see Zeus’s god form. Unfortunately, seeing any god’s true form is too much for the human brain to handle. So she disintegrated. Her unborn child didn’t see Zeus so he survived the burning, but he was too young to actually be born yet. So Zeus placed the baby behind his thigh until he was old enough to be born, and that’s how Dionysus was born.

4 Likes

ooohhh i get it, the whole “Zeus’ thigh got pregnant” part got me uh… wondering a couple of things lol my mind went places i never wish it to go again :laughing:

2 Likes

Ohhh you! Shush, you’re such a flatterer :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

The first of the short stories is up :~) These aren’t canon, and will be compiled on AO3 at some point. I might not be posting the rest here, so check the tumblr if they’re something you’d like to see.
Written from of Athena’s point of view, the Bearer’s first day of school.

I am staring straight down the part in your hair, and my eyes are wet because I hadn’t estimated the imbalance between the finality of this first goodbye and the briefness of this last moment.

You turn in my lap and wipe the tears from my face with warm hands. “It’s only school.”

How strange it is, to reach out to you when I’m in need, only to discover that you need me back far less than I’d thought. I look at you and I want to stand between you and all the world; but you can’t ensure against the future. Upon attempting to pin down my hope and prove it, I found that it was hollow.

“I know, baby.”

You burst forward out onto the porch like a seed from a crackling, overripe pod. It’s warmer out than I’d expected, and the white edges of the potted lillies crisp and curl. You, red cheeked and pulling at the collar of your coat, one hand in mine, the other swinging like a soldier’s, singing—

“Dum spiro spero, While I breathe, I hope,”

Your courage is new, and clean. You’re brave enough for anything: crawling off of staircases, speaking without fearing that someone will think you are foolish, putting strange things in your mouth, watching with dinner plate eyes as the world reveals itself to you in bits and pieces. Fragments.

At my worst, your glassy-eyed vulnerability and willingness to love people, all of them, every one, exasperates me and makes me want to hurt you–just as an education, a pre-caution.

I want to protect you from what will come, from everything, even if I understand, on some level, that to love is to enter into the inevitability of one day not being able to protect what is most valuable to you.

You turn, pressing your cheek to the window of the bus as it pulls away to wave at me. I watch your face until it becomes smaller and smaller, a forlorn speck, then rounds the bend, and disappears.

15 Likes

I find it hilarious that @rose-court’s Helena causes Damon to behave in a stern but brotherly way, while your Nyx triggers his more teasing competitive side (she kinda screwed herself over by making it sound like she was challenging him).

Damon: That a actual question? :smirk:

Proceeds to start karaoke session with Evander, Damon and Nyx as we all sing ‘Do like that’ by Korede Bello. The rest of my Bearers either look amused or are covering their faces in embarrassment

I was just making sure.

Evander’s reaction to his title

Evander: Um, thank you? :relaxed:
Rain: Title denied. :relieved:
Mia: Yeah, that’s way too long for a guy like Evander. :sweat_smile:
Echo: (Tilts heading innocent confusion) …I thought Damon called him Twinkle Toes. :confused:

Damon’s reaction to his title

Damon: I take offense to having a title shorter than Twinkle Toes’. :triumph:
Anastasia: THAT’S the only thing you take offense to? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Nyx: Can’t fault someone for a almost accurate title. :smirk:
Alex: (Too busy laughing to comment) :rofl:

Pan: (Turns to Okami-Nora) Don’t you wish to clarify something with @rose-court? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Me: Oh, right. :sweat_smile:

Evander’s definitely a great cook, but he’s actually more defined by his tactical mind and his dancing. The boy has always had a affinity toward musical pursuits and while he’s got a great voice and plays guitar pretty good, his dancing tends to be what draws people in the most.

As for Damon, he’s actually MUCH more social and confident than he was when he was little boy. He doesn’t necessarily reject people’s company either. He just doesn’t want anyone to form a overly strong attachment to him (just treat him as a fun way to pass the time and that’s it).

3 Likes

Gosh, you have a bearer named Nyx too?
I swear to God that Zeus is trembling right now. His worst nightmare became a reality.

Nyx: Oh, what is this? The goddamn Creepiness Olympics??

1 Like

Yeah; I’ve had her for a while now. She (along with Pan and Alex) were the three Bearers I created that were made to be Zeus’ children to begin with.

Nyx does seem to be a name that’s going to get particular popular with female Bearers.

Damon: I think others call it ‘a fun way to pass the time’, but whatever helps you sleep at night, Sweetheart. (Slowly smirks wider) Although…if you need assistance with that last problem, I’d be more than happy to lend you a hand. :smirk:

1 Like

I am tempted to write a fanfic about Nyx and Damon’s competitive relationship but at the same time

I feel like that my writing skills are kind of dissappointing
1 Like

@Fay, your hair turned black! :scream:

That would be fun to see; they sound they’ll get along like gasoline and fire. :laughing:

Hey my writing needs a good deal of polish itself, but I still write because it’s fun to be puppeteer to characters and make little scenarios with them. So I say take a crack at it for the fun of it. :grin:

5 Likes

I’m very uncomfortable with black hair Fay. Go back to pink dammit!

2 Likes

Wait, what?

Holy shit I didn’t know that Pink Fay was so loved.

Well, Pink Fay is dead.

Ok tho this is a very serious matter

Click this please
http://pollmaker.vote/p/U925SJH3

Alright then, I’ll try to write something good. Just a few questions though, how would you sum up Damon in 5 words?

Haha honestly I just might become used to it. I was thinking about changing my profile picture as well.

Maybe this.

Summary

Or I’m just gonna go with Rosinante Donquixtoe from One Piece.

1 Like

Everyone needs to shed their skin once in a while. Go for it.

I can’t believe that i’m excited over that someone wants to change their profile picture.

2 Likes

Okay I changed it to Rosinante Donquixtoe. What do you think guys?

1 Like

Words to describe Damon…well you do know he’s competitive, so I’ll leave that word out (hopefully I’m doing him some justice with these words)

Beastly (more in the way he holds himself; most people get intimidated by him because his abnormally tall, husky body moves with a feral confidence of a predator).

Gentle (he can be quite tender with people he bonds with and he handles animals and children with a delicate touch no one would associate with a young man of his strength).

Teasing (the more reactive the person, the more he gets a kick out of teasing them. He does also enjoy the challenge of making a person who rarely gets flustered blush as well. He tries not to go too far though).

Passionate (When he likes something or someone, OH BOY).

Intelligent (that brain of his is always at work, even when he seems at his most nonchalant).

4 Likes

Ok not gonna lie
I’m lovin’ it
It kind of gives creepy yet chill vibes, and what satisfies me the most is that I know what it is i’m looking at.

I hate it when the original artwork becomes too small when converted to a profile picture, and then you can’t see what it is. I have this problem a lot because I prefer light and pastel colors when choosing a profile picture.

1 Like