Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Believe me it very much isn’t he’s easily the worst of the “dads” you can get. Though your mc may of course interpret the events that happen to him/her differently than mine does.

As it is though my mc certainly won’t be to proud to beg and plead with “Auntie” to please sponsor him if he really must compete.

1 Like

Hades gives a gun, he’s clearly the best papa you could get and you’ve known him longer than the others anyway. Plus more siblings to annoy.

3 Likes

In your opinion lol. The gun is not more powerful that the other presents all are same level. And for me he is the worst. He just let you behind BY HIS OWN WILL. No one forced him to leave, He just prefer being Aeson daddy that mc dad. He NEVER MOVE HIS ASS FIVE SECONDS TO FIND US AFTER ATHENA PUNISHMENT. If he loved us a little he said My child is alone out there I will move my ass and take her him they to Olympus. Nope HE LEFT US LIKE THE OTHER DADS IN THE MUD TO BE ATTACKED by lot of random seekers. Oh, how lovely dad is ! zeus at least not fake being so lovely.

2 Likes

Actually, the blue pill is the most powerful.

2 Likes

In terms of raw capability of course. If you don’t use it effectively, a paper tissue may as well be more powerful.

That’s why I like Poseidon; he’s apart from all of the drama. Plus, he’s the type of person to genuinely care, but also I don’t know how many demigod children he has besides me; that may sour my opinion or not.

The old text said he had a lot children. I dont like Poseidon he tries too hard of acting as a daddy. He never moved a muscle to find you before. He is a lazy dad that say what he thinks he should to just go free of your complaints.

When has he ever tried too hard? I would think in that circumstance he tried the normal amount.

And just because he didn’t do anything doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. He may have regretted not trying to find us greatly. Also, he may have been beyond terrified of being thrown into Tartarus.

Think about it; he had little to no familial bond with us anyway when we were taken, and it would probably be unfair to hold what he did to human standards. He’s a God; he just doesn’t operate like we do.

Plus, Tartarus is a goddamned terrifying place for anyone to be; even Zeus was terrified of the place.

1 Like

Tartarus is literally the pit of evil. Everything evil spawned from Tartarus, it’s where primordial chaos is located, Nyx the goddess and all her children, and where the worst enemies of the Olympians are imprisoned. Only fools would go anywhere near it.

1 Like

The scene of he presents as dady IS PURE BAD ACTING… I.about to say good soap opera level of acting daddy if you still faking it you would get a rasberry to the worst actor o the year. He almost look like a Scarlet o hara… my roll o eyes was legendary. It is true i cant stand soap opera fake drama scenes i just roll eyes and want to kill the character.

Zeus just say we are a tool and want to make a profit of us he was sincere and did not fake some crappy fake bond. It is just a business

1 Like

Exactly.

And it’s where Athena was imprisoned after she was finally captured. So forgive me if I don’t doubt that a God of Olympus, even a member of the Trinity, would rather do literally anything in the universe rather than go within ten thousand miles of that place.

And @poison_mara I didn’t really see it as bad acting, I saw it more as the actions of a guy trying to give the slightest bit of affection with virtually no clue of how to show it to not only his daughter, but his infinite superior. I’d be stumped in a situation such as that as well.

1 Like

Zeus punished Hera by hanging her over Primordial Chaos for planning a revolt against him. Primordial Chaos is so powerful that if an Olympian touches him, they just dissolve into nothingness. Every day he’d go down and hold his lightning bolts over her head and threaten to drop her in.

1 Like

Wait, isn’t the MC Primordial Chaos?

There are two Chaoses, us and the one that embodies the gap that Zeus put Hera over. We are the Chaos that can physically interact in the world. That Chaos is something different.

4 Likes

Thx for the sick mythology fact, Teach.

1 Like

I finally got Hades as my dad! After many attempts :sweat: I liked having him as a dad to be honest. I just don’t like that I had to kill someone inorder to make that happen :cry: i hate the idea of being Poseidons son( I think mostly cuz I don’t want be like a Percy Jackson wannabe) but I might have too because that choice bothered me my whole play through. Even though I really liked Hades as a dad. I hope on future updates it changes so that we can have multiple options for a father if we choose not to kill the seeker and not it be automatically Poseidon. I would also be happy being Hephaestus son too to be honest.
Oh and here is a question! Who are all the romance options? I just want to know.

Look at post 6590. Most questions should be answered there.

2 Likes

Thank you! That was extremely helpful :blush:

1 Like

My sentiments exactly, though worded as only our very own Mara can. :wink:

Very true, absentee dad Zeus is at least also a crap dad to Saint, while Hades isn’t or is at least willing to do a very decent job at faking it with Aeson.

True he is a classic “deadbeat dad” but at least he doesn’t treat our oh so wonderful shiny half-brother as his favourite and doesn’t saddle us with all the lies, even after the whole muggle act was blown to bits anyway.

Not knowing us before he may also not have been the best at finding us, which makes it worse that Hades who might, unlike the others, have a pretty good idea of how and perhaps even where to find the mc never even lifts a finger to try after “auntie’s” imprisonment.

Which is why mc is still talking to auntie, even though she did hurt him too, she was the only one apparently willing to make any real sacrifices on his behalf and being the closest thing he has ever had to a mother he still wants her to like and trust her even though that last one does need some rebuilding. Still he’d rather have that she would sponsor him in those silly, rigged trials.

2 Likes

When I asked Aeson about Helen, I ran into this coding error. I don’t know if someone mentioned this though.

You’re welcome :smile:

Teehee, I got acknowledged. What a great reward for having, like, zero internet these past 10 days or so :'D

N’awwww :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

Post 6590. I intended to be post 7000, but~ oh well :'D

1. Genre - I’d say modern fantasy, with hints of slice-of-life (high stress levels, going to school, being a general teenager). Definitely young adult.

2. Vibe - for me, I’d say teen angst, with hints of romance (bc h ell oh, Baeson). Obviously actiony and stuff, but the VIBE I get is teen angst, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Who can blame the Bearer for being an angsty POS or Baeson for secretly being an emo kid who writes poetry on his arm whilst listening to sad music?

3. 3D Characters? - Honestly, I can’t stand Avery in her current state. She annoys me, she seems to waste screen-time, and she doesn’t seem to have any point for existing, aside from having a fangirl crush on you from the get-go. Saint is very well fleshed out, as is Aeson. Adonis could use some work, though after the ceremony scene, he definitely seems to become a more complex character. Perhaps hint at his complexity more from the very beginning. Only hints though. No need to go all Smeyers’ Twilight on us. Calypso is kind of 1D, in my opinion. She’s extremely straight forward but doesn’t seem to really have any personality beyond the character traits she has been given. Why does she act the way she does? The Gods are, surprisingly, all really well fleshed out. I expected them to be very one-dimensional when I came into this all those months ago, but I find myself very curious to learn more about them. Sage seems to be the most believable character, currently – who the hell WOULDN’T be out for blood after their brother is KIA (supposedly), right? We don’t know much about Santiago, yet, but I secretly think he’s going to be super flirty and charismatic, because he has a Spaniard-sounding name, and I think of Spain as the country of romance, tbh??? idk

4. Pacing of the story/consistency - honestly, no. You spend a lot of time on some things that don’t seem very important (like waking up in the hospital) and not much time on certain things that DO seem important (like the first time you go to class). Perhaps I just view the importance of those events differently, but I feel like meeting your classmates would make more of an impression than meeting one extremely forgettable romantic interest (i’m sorry i really don’t like avery in her current incarnation, pls forgive me ilu @Rohie)

5. The explanations - Personally, I think they’re fine, but I also wrote your FAQ, and, tbh, the number of times questions get asked is…obnoxious. I’m really tempted to put “FAQ Post 6590” in the title for you. I think people don’t have the common sense to check the stats screen for information, and they honestly think it will be easier to go onto the forum, ask a question, and wait for who-knows-how-long for an answer from the author, rather than trying to use complex thought processes and use problem-solving skills. But maybe I’m just in a bitchy mood, idk. I don’t think it’s confusing, as I’ve said before, but we’ve seen time and again how first-time readers don’t think to check the stats screen. Perhaps put a note on the first page of the stats screen? Idk. Maybe people are just really, really lazy, because I just don’t understand how you can fail that badly??? wow, I sound really mean. I think this is where I should cut myself off >>

i love u all i swear im just in a weird mood im sorry hides

12 Likes