Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I am with him. let Guinevere be the bad guy in this WIP.

3 Likes

Didn’t she have a thing for Lancelot more than she had a thing for Arthur?

1 Like

In French chivalric romances, Guinevere is the daughter of King Leodegrance, who served Uther Pendragon and was entrusted with the Round Table after Pendragon’s death. In these histories, Leodegrance’s kingdom lies near the Breton city of Carhaise (the modern Carhaix-Plouguer). In the fields to the south and east of Carhaise, Arthur defends Leodegrance by defeating Rience, which leads to his meeting and marriage with Guinevere. This version of the legend has Guinevere betrothed to Arthur early in his career, while he was garnering support. When Lancelot arrives later, she is instantly smitten, and they have an affair that eventually leads to Arthur’s fall.

The Rescue of Guinevere by William Hatherell (1855-1928)
Their affair is exposed by Guinevere’s sorceress enemy Morgan and two of King Lot’s sons, Agravain and Mordred, and Lancelot flees for his life while Arthur reluctantly sentences his wife to be burned at the stake. Knowing Lancelot and his family would try to stop the execution, Arthur sends many of his knights to defend the pyre, though Gawain refuses to participate. Lancelot arrives and rescues the queen. Gawain’s brothers Gaheris and Gareth are killed in the battle, sending Gawain into a rage so great that he pressures Arthur into a direct confrontation with Lancelot.

When Arthur goes to France to fight Lancelot, he leaves Guinevere in the care of Mordred, who plans to marry the queen himself and take Arthur’s throne. In some versions of the tale, Guinevere assents to Mordred’s proposal; in others, she hides in the Tower of London and later takes refuge in a convent. Hearing of the treachery, Arthur returns to Britain and slays Mordred at Camlann, but his wounds are so severe that he is taken to the isle of Avalon by Morgan. Guinevere meets Lancelot one last time, then returns to the convent where she spends the remainder of her life.—Wiki

2 Likes

Yeah it all somehow led to Arthur’s demise at Camlann.

2 Likes

Then your idea to have her as the traitor would perfectly fit with her affair with Lancelot.

1 Like

You can be a bad guy in the Guenevere WIP, just fyi!

3 Likes

Wait, are you guys talking about Guinevere being the Traitor God or just a plain ol’ traitor? Because one is much more plausible than the others, imo.

1 Like

I think they meant her being Arthur’s traitor, not the traitor god.

1 Like

plain ol’ traitor…

sigh
It looks like the Salem Witch Trials aren’t going to win. :disappointed_relieved: Maybe it’ll win in the next flashback poll.

2 Likes

How many flashbacks are we supposed to get in this book if it was even mentioned?

2 Likes

Yep! The prologue says that after birthing the MC she’s expected to leave asap. So she’s probably not around to nurse them either

As for the poll, am sad that 1001 Nights is a distant likelihood. It’s a fantastic parallel to the current Priscilla situation imo out of all the choices

As for the traitor god, Hermes from way back when was the leading suspect. Idk if that’s still the case now but I’m not too surprised if he is.

4 Likes

Three.

1 Like

The working title for Part 3 just sounds so badass. Like there’s probably going to be some Ragnarok similar stuff happening which it probably will though lol

1 Like

Personally I’m more interested in Part II.

The Prophet?

[HYPERVENTILATES]

4 Likes

Well it’s been a while but I’m pretty sure there is a legendary artifact that can be used to communicate with the dead. So maybe we find it and use it to speak to our dead bf/gf/bff and Priscilla?
Maybe that’s the plot for part 2?

5 Likes

Mmmmm. Not for the dead. It’s for speaking to your past lives

If anything, if we do get the boon of raising someone from the dead, I feel this is some FMA levels of do not

Oh and before I forget. Mother dearest has been consistent in “this is what I deserve since I apparently have done something horrible,” what exactly do you think she’s going on about? Partially I feel is condemning both MC and Saint to the lives they’ve lead but more than that I feel something else happened

Any guesses?

4 Likes

My best guess would be that she already knows the traitor god (as shown in the prologue) and probably had a vision about it long before the events of the beginning but haven’t done anything to prevent it from happening since she happens to be the Prophet so she probably blames herself for all the chaos that will happen later when there’s going to be a war between Olympus and Cronus

4 Likes

Psshaww, once you’ve gained the power of the essence nothing would be impossible for you, because you wield the power of creation(and destruction) itself! Why would you worry that they’ll came back wrong when you can fix them yourself?

2 Likes

When did this happened? Harry Potter is my favorite!
Rowan:
Hufflepuff
patronus - buffalo
Ilvermory - Pukwudgie

Ari:
Ravenclaw (w/ Hufflepuff tendencies)
patronus - Dolphin
Ilvermory - Wampus

Aristotle:
Slytherin (w/ Hufflepuff tendencies)
patronus - Little Owl
Ilvermory - Horned Serpent