Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Heroes Rise! New art, new headers, and SERGIVERSE on SALE!

To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Heroes Rise, we’ve commissioned brand new game art for Heroes Rise: The Prodigy, new line-art headers for the original Heroes Rise trilogy, and placed all Sergiverse games on sale until July 21st!

PLUS: we’ve published a huge essay on the origins of Heroes Rise from author Zachary Sergi!

Do you have what it takes to become a legendary Powered hero?

In Heroes Rise, Powered heroes have become the ultimate celebrities, and you dream of joining the A-List–but to get there, you’ll first have to take down evil Powered gangs, compete with deadly rivals, choose a worthy sidekick, team up with famous champions, and prove to all of Millennia City that you’re a true hero.

Heroes Rise: The Prodigy, is an interactive novel where you control the main character. In each chapter, your choices determine how the story proceeds.

Will you play as male or female? Gay or straight? Crusade for justice, or gun for money? Will you work as a team with the world-famous Millennial Group, or will you steal their spotlight?

How high will your hero rise?

We hope you enjoy playing Heroes Rise: The Prodigy. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites.

31 Likes

I remember my excitement ten years ago when I saw there was a new game available, and how much fun I had playing it that first time. I loved Grandma and her plants, the backstory of the Sound and the Fury as the Powered power couple who had it all and lost it all, and the reflections on the temptations and opportunities of fame. What a treat it was to check in today and find this wonderful essay offering a glimpse behind the scenes.

I haven’t played all the Sergiverse games yet (although I did buy them all last year when they were on sale), but what I have played, I’ve enjoyed. I look forward to spending more time in this fictional world I’ve known for ten years, this world that Sergi created with such obvious passion and love.

I know he’s not on this forum, but to Mr. Sergi I would like to say, Thank you for letting us all in to play in this deeply personal world of your imagination. Thank you for entertaining us, and challenging us, and sometimes infuriating us, as you probed the possibilities of longform interactive fiction as a medium. Thank you for your part in making Choice of Games the successful and thriving company it is today. Thank you for celebrating this special occasion with all of us by sharing a glimpse of your journey as an author. I look forward to catching up with the Sergiverse stories I haven’t read yet, and to see what you have to offer us next when Fortune the Fated comes out.

14 Likes

I’m still salty about Deathscapes, so if anything is even remotely connected to Sergiverse it’s a pass to me.

11 Likes

Does this game have any romances in it?

Yeah, that was the last time I could get excited for one of his games. Unfortunately, his new ones just don’t capture the heart and charm the original trilogy had, for me.

Yes, plenty. Though the games have way more to offer than just that.

4 Likes

Thanks for answering my question! I’d already assumed from reading feedback that the game’s story was pretty good, so with that somewhat assured I wanted to ask about the romance (since it’s not specifically mentioned in the description and something I enjoy in games).
One of my all-time favourite IF is Tin Star, which is a fantastic example of story and romance being blended into an amazing experience. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll ask some of my friends :smiling_face:

Ohhh damn it all, the temptation is too great hero rise project and deathscape might have been a hard no for me but this hero prodigy I have just gotta give it a chance