Can't edit my WIP post?

Okay so…This is probably going to sound dumb, but I’m still kinda new here so please bear with me. Just last week I created a thread about my WIP, and things were going pretty great. After a few days, I decided that I wanted to change it up a bit (Ie: Fix the summary and the ‘About the Game’ section). But for some reason the pencil edit button is gone?? I’m looking at my latest reply in the thread and I can see that I can still edit that. But why not the original post? This is going to be a problem since I can’t do that ‘Updated: xx/xx/xxxx’ thing in the title (among other things) like all the other threads…

Sorry about this and I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I suspect your trust level is not high enough. In time, I would guess you’ll be able to edit that post.

But on second look, it seems like you’ve already edited that first post six times or so–is that right?

2 Likes

@Gower Yeah, but they were mostly for spelling/grammar errors. Was there supposed to be a limit as to how many time you can edit? Because my first reply was only edited once and the pencil icon is gone from there too. You mentioned trust levels. I’ve seen it mentioned before but how do I know what level am I?

Also thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like

You should go to an earlier dungeon and grind a bit to level up. You can just cast Circular Argument over and over to get through the Politics thread, and as soon as you enter the Genderlocking thread you can aggro a good-sized mob just by opening with I’m Not a Woman, But…

12 Likes

Isn’t the latest update patch made low-level characters cannot enter #off-topic dungeons? Or was it unregistered characters?

3 Likes

If you click your profile picture on the left, you’ll see some little achievements. The leftmost one is your level. You are basic.

2 Likes

Alternatively, you can ask a mod to turn your WiP thread into a wiki-type thread. This way, all restrictions on editing will be lifted and anyone could make a change without hassle.

1 Like

I see. Thank you very much for your help. I’ll give it a try.