Calling of Metem's Hollow (WIP, Hiatus) Updated 05/29/19

bummer we cant flirt with Lys before she goes almost gets herself killed during the turning

1 Like

Don’t worry, you’ll get plenty of chances to flirt with her later!

1 Like

a bit young…though no? to be flirting at that age…uh…what…10 years old or so?

8 Likes

true you are a little to young it just seems to me like the turning would fit for flirting

1 Like

I love it but hate the friends haha

3 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that! Maybe you’ll enjoy the other companions once they’re introduced! :confounded:

1 Like

ill be the first one to sacrifice pan as long as I have lys

3 Likes

So far it seems like the general consensus is that everyone loves Lys but is meh/ready to sacrifice Pan, and I’m just sitting here wondering why. :rofl:

5 Likes

Is the Goddess a RO?

1 Like

The big bad is not an RO, no. :joy:

3 Likes

to answer your question for me anyway pan is holding my romance with Lys back hes that friend that keeps showing up and the worst times

2 Likes

I love this! The writing was fantastic and the characters are already so engaging. Can’t wait to read more :smiley:

3 Likes

Ok I just got through my first playthrough and this was delightful. Your writing feels so homey and I manage to imagine so much while reading. I also love the way you portray physical closeness with friends.

The characters (especially our best friends) have already grown on me because of how nicely you portray their relationships to each other. Also I agree with everyone that Lys is great but so is Pan! Don’t slander my boy I love him!! He deserves so much!!

Otherwise I also really like the stats you’ve chosen and how you handle them. I also think it’s really neat that those that aren’t personality only show up when we’ve made a choice requiring them.

The branching is pretty impressive as well, it’s crazy that we can choose so much about the MC (parents, werewolf status, job,…). How much of that will come back into play later you think?

I can’t wait till the next update and am following this for sure but I think a save feature would really help. Especially if you are looking for people finding out bugs. Without it it can get a bit tricky to go and try out different paths.

Anyway, I love what you’ve got this far and I think it’s bound to be great! Good luck in the future!

17 Likes

First off, the story so far is great! I love the writting style, the characters, and the story in general. Cant wait to see more. Also, maybe its just me, but I get a more sinister Old Man Willow from LOTR vibe from that tree demon thing.
(which is awesome)

1 Like

two things…

if: picked pan’s parents as adoptive parents…
They ended up bringing Emissary Sophia along with them to try to calm him down, and my mitera brought me to witness it. Things did not…go quite as planned."
shouldnt this be changed? as in mc…should know?

if: pick use ‘bare hand to bash tree’ …dont see mention of healing said hand later .

1 Like

I’m going to try to keep at least a mention of most of the major choices in every chapter, so my hope is that they’ll continue to play a major role throughout the game! :slight_smile: I also do plan to implement a save feature, I just have to get it figured out. It would certainly make internal testing a whole lot easier on this end.

@E_RedMark I should at least add an “our” mitera brought me to witness it, but otherwise MC is in the dark about this. Pan never spoke about it, and neither did the parents. They figured it’s his story to tell. And I just assumed that someone would tend to your hand, but I can always add a note in. It’s the beginning of being an unarmed fighter, so MC has to get used to battered knuckles.

3 Likes

ohhh a monk! but then…should we say Lys shouldnt get patched and get used to being a warrior? lol oy bad joke I know…then again…your fault…I’m in loooove with this story and cannot escape it…HALP! :sweat_smile:

This was really good. I can’t wait for more! =)

2 Likes

I LOVE Pan and your writing is so enthralling. This might be my most anticipated WIP yet! Two questions. One, are you planning on implementing a save system? And two, if we want to be a shaman, and focus on one-handed fighting, will we get an option to hone our magic later? I don’t want to sacrifice one in favor of the other.

5 Likes

I really love how you added the option to be basically a berserker warden in the clan. Also unarmed fighting? Yes please.

I really like Lys and Pan’s characters and how their personalities are so different from each other. I picked the option of being an orphan with a younger brother and younger sister so I’ll be looking forward to that family dynamics with the elders looking after us.

The big bad? Man I really liked just how scary the big bad was and how much it took to seal her away but sounds like it was a temporary thing.

2 Likes