Blackraven: The Key To Freedom

That picture was rather… interesting.

Was it MS Paint made? Heheheheh No offence.

Every time I go to profile and click next to return back, the randomised text is different or the whole scene is different. >.<

This time it’s even worse. Was reading, clicked next, nothing loaded, clicked next again and it says:
Your game is over.

Your final statistics are as follows:

I was like. Dafuq?

@CountDon lol - you will get used to the cards.

Not sure what’s happening with the profile there… Can you tell me what was on screen when you clicked it?

One of the problems with choicescript is that whenever you click to the profile and then click away again, any random parts of code are ‘re-rolled’ so a different outcome is possible. I have (thanks to Reaperoa) worked out a way around this for the player buying packets of cards, but that shouldn’t interfere with the game itself…

@andymwhy

Well, the profile appeared normal, then I wanted to return, nothing appeared on the screen and the button said either ‘Next’ or ‘Next Chapter’, can’t remember. :stuck_out_tongue: And when I clicked it, it said game over and that the game has ended and I’ve stayed in the prison for just 3 days. All the stats being the same basic stat (Nearly all 0).

I actually said wow when the start page came up.
Hey, there’s an error on line 49, the part about restoring the game.

@CountDon Hmmm… had you already completed the demo and started a new game when that happened? I have found a loop error (basically, I need to reset ALL the stats when you start a new game).

@Sandstorm I’m glad you liked the intro. Ah, I think I know what that is. Did you click ‘Restore’ then click ‘cancel’? It’s an error I have sorted already for the full game but didn’t change in the demo where it crashes if you cancel a save.

@andymwhy No. But I did restart a few times. Heh

I just realised that the first song sounds a lot like that song in Toilet Tycoon, well, the most I can recall of it.

@CountDon Toilet Tycoon? I’m going to have to google that now…

20 mins later: I downloaded a German demo of the game. Personally, I can’t see any resemblance with the music… and I think it’s time to delete the demo of Toilet Tycoon!

@andymwhy Well, I haven’t played that game in years, so I forgot about the soundtrack but I could recall a tad bit of it and it sounded a tad bit the same. O_O Lol

Nice idea

@andymwhy
Hey Andy, I found a grammar error I thought you should know about.

““Come on, you snivelling wretch” He says. Once out of the van, you look around the prison. Your first thought of the place is it’s size”

it’s should be its

Thanks @Samuel_H_Young. Any thoughts on the Raven Rules in-game card game?

It’s a good idea but confusing, how about there is a concequence if you loose

@andymwhy
I personally like it. It reminds me of Warlock’s Bounty (a card game/interactive novel)

**UPDATE**

The music for Blackraven has changed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/Blackraven%20The%20Escape/dfabulich-choicescript-4140592/web2/mygame/Blackraven_music.mp3

This is currently set to be in-game music. There are 5 tracks, running concurrently.

For those who haven’t tried yet, here’s a demo for the game:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/Blackraven%20The%20Escape/dfabulich-choicescript-4140592/web/index.html

And here’s a mini-game that will be part of the full game:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/Blackraven%20The%20Escape/dfabulich-choicescript-4140592/web2/mygame/index%20RR%20Demo.html

It should be noted that the game has changed a lot since this demo was posted.

@andymwhy
Very cool music! If you’d make some for my Demons Among Men series, I’d give you a share of my royalties :D. On that note, it’d be awesome if you had some for Kepler, too.

It was thinking of Kepler music that brought me back to Blackravens.
For your demons, leave it with me and I’ll see what I can do.

@andymwhy
I’ll pm you!

So how is the game going?

Hi @Cyanide, it’s still in production, however progress had been slow lately as I am writing Colonising Kepler 62e at the same time. As Kepler is newer, it currently has the greater momentum. Fear not, outside of the demo a lot of work has been done: Raven Rules has been refined, the Roots story line is progressing nicely and the Rockers path is finished.

There’s no date for completion yet, but when the time comes I will ask for beta testers.