Balance of Superpower (WIP Superhero, Sci-Fi, Romance)

“Affect- to produce an effect upon, such as to produce a material influence upon or alteration, to act upon (a person, a person’s mind or feelings, etc.) so as to effect a response.”

Psychically observe something about someone else produces no effect on them, so for example using telepathy to know what someone is saying even if you don’t know the language, not interpersonal.

Rio perceiving what other people expect from them, produces no effect on them, not interpersonal.

So you need to expand the definition of interpersonal to include powers that perceive things about other people

4 Likes

That’s all you had to say for me to get excited about seeing her in game

4 Likes

Genderlocked to Nonbinary? Bold. I approve of your taking the chance. I’ll give it a try.

3 Likes

The definitions aren’t meant to be so literal, they’re just an explanation, and the augmented classification can be flawed. As April points out, Enhanced and Corporal both have body-related augmentations, yet are put in different categories. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are you going to published it?

4 Likes

Always nice to see DC’s second Hawk and Dove make appearances lmao.
All jokes aside, i enjoyed the book from the one one playthrough i have done.
You did make me really dislike Hawk tho, making people hurt each other and clearly enjoying it is kinda of an evil thing to be feeling.
Would be interested in reading more so good job.

3 Likes

Yup! :slight_smile:
I will submit it in a few days, when the cover art is ready.

3 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heya!

Haven’t had the time to fully play it but it seems interesting so far. I’ll have some feedback once I finish trying it out :slight_smile:

You have no idea of the excitement I felt when the prologue said Rio is Ecuadorian. I’m Ecuadorian, we are always overlooked as a country. It’s refreshing to see my nationality. Now, Quechuan is the broader family of languages. If Rio’s from Quito and knows a Quechuan language, then it’s more likely to be Kichwa. It’s the language that is taught the most in the northern highlands.

5 Likes

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:
Rio knows a few words of Quechua, or Kichwa, as you pointed out. From what I’ve heard about Ecuador (I haven’t visited the country myself yet) most people know a few words of the language, though the main language is Spanish. Hope that’s accurate enough :slight_smile:

Also if you’re interested, one of the endings, Felix’s, to be exact, takes place in Quito. I’d love to hear your thoughts on it if you decide to get that one. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

While i love the story, characters, and setting I am not the biggest fan of playing as such a Personalized character.

4 Likes

I know how you feel, but I figured since the main character’s superpowers, gender and background are predetermined, it wouldn’t really make sense for character creation, since there is no real room for it.

I was hoping to mitigate that by letting the player define Rio’s personality and relationships, though I don’t know if I did a good job at it. My apologies.

6 Likes

I have said it before I’ll say it again. If the author is happy and likes what they have created then thats that. This is your story and no one elses.
I may not like how much of the main character is predetermined but i did enjoy everthing else.

8 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it a lot! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So I do like this so far. I currently started chapter two, finished the class with Professor Evans. I’m stopping here only because it’s 1am where I’m at, and I have work in the morning. Anyways, just wanted to make a quick comment on how I like this so far before I go to bed. And how I really like Sami and wish his character relationship stat was added to the list in the stats page, like everyone else’s. Just saying. Anyways, it’s good so far, goodnight :sleeping:

4 Likes

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Sami was initially supposed to be one of the best friend/love interest routes, but I wanted each of the routes to be connected to one of the power types, which is why I had to choose between Sami or Estelle, since they are both Enhanced.
That said, one of the side characters in this game will be added to the next one as a best friend/love interest, depending on who wins the poll at the end of the game. I haven’t added the poll yet, but it will be in the final version of the game.

3 Likes

Argh, I liked the demo but I force myself to stop. If you’re going to release it, I want to experience the full game first. And support you.

I really like having a non-corrupted hero world for once.

5 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know that it’s not easy ,but save option in WIP would’ve been fun and VERY useful…

3 Likes

Lol hope this’ll release soon… Superpowered stories are fun, I too like to write 'em…

3 Likes