Autotest/Randomtest on PC

Hey all,

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I couldn’t seem to find a question like it through searching.

I’m trying to test a segment of code on a PC, and I’m not sure I’m doing it right. The wiki only says to go through the command prompt and run the .bat files in question, which I’ve tried, and as far as I can tell the tester isn’t even looking at my code.

I tried moving the batch files to where I’ve got my game .txt files, but while that gives me a new and exciting error message:

Line: 293
Error ‘return’ statement outside of function
Code: 800A03FA
Source: Microsoft JScript compilation error

It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with my code. I verified this by completely removing the 293rd line of code, and then removing my game text files entirely. Since it still gives the same message, that seems to discount my code from being the problem, but I’m very new to this so I accept that I may not be interpreting things correctly.

Any ideas?

I would suggest using CSIDE as you right click and go down to test then quicktest, rather quick and painless other then the bugs you code in lol. I have not run quicktest from the folder on my PC in so long I am afraid I cannot help you on that end of things.

I’ve been using quicktest.html and randomtest.html, both left in the ChoiceScript folder, and they seem to work fine. Only thing is, your code files have to be in ChoiceScript/web/mygame/scenes .

1 Like

Ah, no. You don’t run the .bat files.

If you want to quick/randomtest your code, the procedure is actually quite similar as playtesting the code.

Put your code under /mygame/scenes/
And then run the quicktest.html or randomtest.html whichever you want to do.
Preferrably with Firefox browser

2 Likes

Ah! That’s exactly the answer I was looking for. Don’[t know how I missed it, but thank you for pointing me in the right direction! (thanks to the others who provided the same answer! You’re all wonderful!)

2 Likes