Auralites [WIP / Updated 9-24]

@Relic glad ya like! Hopefully will be adding more chances to RP well.

@Beaterxys My two favorites as well. They’re probably the most intimidating.

@ParrotWatcher Nope, we’re still barely into the story! :wink:

There are an even split of four male and four female, though there are two gender-locked options of each. Thanks~

3 Likes

As in, one each straight and gay and two bisexual options? Well, as long as the straight guy isn’t either much nicer than the gay guy, or much more important to the plot… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Correct!

You’ve actually reminded me of a thought I’ve had while writing. Things are a bit tricky since there are separate paths you can take, but optimally when everything “converges” you’ll be well involved with every character. If content ends up being sparse, I might reconsider gender-locking, but for now things should be good.

I hope everyone ends up happy with the options. Just think it’d be more interesting to give characters real orientations and be rejected, lol!

4 Likes

Another update, the last before Ch. 5, now with 64% more personality.

I added more dialogue options and more chances to interject or give your thoughts. A biiiit more Ian. You can now customize your hair and eye color. I’ve added new variables, so old saves won’t work.

Also, a chance to talk with Josen (and share your dream with him if you think it’s a good idea) along with everyone else, and some general prose fixes for smoother reading.

If at any point in the future you’re hit with a certain situation and don’t find a response that fits your character, be sure to let me know. I want you to be able to flesh out your character as much as possible.

I also wanted to ask if people think personality should be defined, like in the stats screen, or if you prefer it be implicit. I’m kind of in the middle and am not really sure if I will ever use personality checks, but it could be nice to see.

As always, notify me of any bugs. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Oh I remember this WIP. Somewhere between slightly corny kung-fu moves and awesome guardian spirit things, which, to me, are the signs of a memorable WIP.

Some thoughts:

• I took the ideal color quiz, and I got a tie between two values It makes me wonder if it’s possible to mix and match personalities…

• The save plug-in doesn’t seem to be working.

• How do you get to choose the hydra? It seems to be ever elusive to me…

1 Like

@RagEgnite Oh yeah, I took out the save function for a bit since I’m reworking stats, I’ll have it back in by the next update.

It’s possible to get a mix of chakras, but really it doesn’t mean much! Nobody fits perfectly into brief descriptions or types anyway.

To get that one, you’ll need to specialize in water or earth magic.

1 Like

So far the story and the game are really good but i was wondering if you had thought of having relationship stats because it would be really helpful for both RP and future romances

You’re right, I’ll include a character page next update. Thanks!

@seabean
I have question, from the situation it’s looks like many not so fond of Kevin because his power, which is understandable. Because of that I wonder, is someone will be traitor?

1 Like

My MC will. It’s been building up for years, though. Kevin is just the trigger.

1 Like

@Vattena You’re right that Kevin is going to be a controversial person through the story. Personally I don’t think he had a choice in anything, but everyone in the story has different thoughts.

edit: Putting up an actual synopsis in the first post because it’s ridiculously vague right now.

1 Like

Save plugin is not working properly.

Took it out of the startup until next update. I just disabled the option entirely to not confuse anyone else. Sorry about that.

I was thinking the same thing but why not both?!

I forgot about wat I said last year but I’m happy wolf
Been added too it and thanks for reminding me

Josen’s auralite is actually a bear! I try to make the MC’s auralite unique so no bears, but I’m always open to more suggestions. Hopefully by the end I’ll have around 16 auralites with 8 options for each elemental magic. Need about 4 more.

4 Likes

A basilisk or giant snake of some kind.

1 Like

A dragon. Nuff said.

1 Like

I would have said that but one of the characters has one so it would be lame now.

What about narwhal or platypus? Or giant spider or scorpion? Drop-bear? Cockatrice? :thinking:

3 Likes