Apex Predators (WIP) (On Hiatus)

What if a suicidal supernatural decided to post irrefutable evidence of all that supernatural crud, what would the council do against the internet?

It’s never happened–suicidal vampires just lock themselves in a room and starve to death–but the Seelie Court would probably launch a campaign to undermine the poster’s credibility, mesmerize influential human “experts” to disprove the evidence, etc… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I’m talking Mesmer a news station and do crazy vampire powers live, perhaps with an audience. I know that they can Mesmer some highranking big brains, but how would their words compare to our eyes?

P.S any supernatural, not just vampires.

I mean go to D.C and fly over the president, not even a backwater station, does the Supernaturals have their paws in the FBI, Secret Service, White House?

1 Like

What do you think of your story’s potential? How do you picture it being? Though it does seem too early for me to ask that…

Next question, what’s is the Supernaturals’ opinion on human friends being in-the-know? Is it no-know policy, does it depends on your position?

David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear in front of a live audience, but we don’t believe he’s really a wizard. :stuck_out_tongue: I think if “experts” were mesmerized to go on TV and be like, “Obviously, there were wires over the President, it was an illusion,” human audiences would seize on that explanation way more than “supernaturals live among us.”

Maybe one or two out of curiosity, but by and large the Fay aren’t very involved or concerned with human politics or current events.

I’m not totally sure what you mean by this? :slight_smile: This is a side project of mine: I don’t plan on it being a massive, open-world game or anything, or even as vast and complex as Zombie Exodus: it’s more like a fun romp into this world with a new spin on the zombie apocalypse.

It’s a law of the Seelie Court to not tell humans about the Fay, but as with human laws–people do break them. Someone could generally get away with telling a human about the Fay (though prior to the apocalypse, they didn’t really stand much to gain from this), but if the Court gets wind of it, it’s like Men in Black: memory wipes for the humans, horrible punishment for you.

4 Likes

Yeah I meant if I was a human and I saw things like zombies all over the world I wouldn’t be that shocked seeing vampires and other creatures like that. And at the moment humans wouldn’t be able to hunt you down either since they have much bigger problems to deal with.

By the way is there a rivalry between vampires and werewolves here? Usually most stories have some sort of a rivalry between them. Also does your story have modern weapons like guns?

1 Like

Does Copperfield sound like a good Fae name to you, maybe he is a wizard.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the modern world as we know it (as in, this is happening tomorrow), so guns are definitely present. And I think I touched on this above, but in general, vampires and werewolves aren’t enemies in the same way that they are in certain texts. It’s not like a vampire sees a werewolf and is like, Filthy mutt, and the werewolf is like, Bloodsucker! and then they start fighting. By and large they cooperate, but vampiric individuals will often disagree with werewolf individuals on the basis that werewolves are for protecting innocent humans; while vampires by nature must prey on them. But if you’re a vampire who tries to spare your victims and protects them as much as possible, you’re all right by most werewolves. They understand the nature of having an uncontrollable affliction, lol.

12 Likes

Welp, In my mind Lycanthropes just a useless savage and stupid entities right now. :rofl:

I mean whenever the game is completed can you see it being published?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Ah, yes, definitely! :slight_smile: I would love to see it published! It would probably just take a while to get there, lol!

9 Likes

Looking foward to when it does, definitely on my watch list. Keep up the great work👍

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :grin:

5 Likes

Since there is a Seelie court does that mean there is a Unseelie court?

2 Likes

There used to be. It was abolished after a civil war some centuries ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It would be very epic if we could fight with the emergency forces the army and other supernatural entities to try to stop the hordes of rotten corpses that annihilate everything in their path only to discover that we can not stop them and we are forced to withdraw continually with the remains of human forces and other supernatural entities

1 Like

While I honestly couldn’t gauge if your writing style is to my taste since the demo isn’t that long for now, the premise alone made me facedesk as to how could I have not thought about it sooner, meaning that it is briliant! I adore genre mixing stories and as someone who actually likes the zombie genre done right (specifically zombie stories with a twist) as well as having a bit of an interest in vampires this is really interesting to me.

Cool aesthetic too btw, just thought to mention that.

Other than that I also quite liked that you seem to be going for a more original route as to what vampires are in your world exactly. I love the concept of vampires being considered pretty much a Fairy in this realm. Is it too late to make a Twilight Vampires Sparkle joke?

Well for now I do not have much suggestions or criticisms but at least know that you have one more person following this development. Sorry I’m not as big of a help on this one. You did recommended me a good book to read so thanks forthat as well. :wink:

1 Like

I’m lycan it. (yes I’m aware It’s a vampire game but its the best I could come up with on short notice.)

4 Likes

I read your post before you deleted it btw, and yes I did once tried Shepard of Heaven, and just didn’t finished it since I wasn’t that into fantasy WIPs anymore, I really should give it another chance then since it should only be fair considering that I liked this W.I.P. Thanks for convincing me :wink:

2 Likes