Apex Patrol

@piggleywinks Hold off on the testing and grammar for now. There is an update coming for Apex Patrol and hopefully it should take care of both concerns. Or some of those concerns anyway given the nature of editing. And no, I wouldn’t shoot you on account of spelling or grammar. This is the Apex Patrol forum, I’d blast you… :wink:

@Arcania -Thanks. I’m trying to keep moving forward on projects but they keep pushing back. :slight_smile:

@Samuel_H_Young -Okay, I’m fairly certain I know the section you indicated, but do you recall a sentence fragment from that loop? I’d like to check and make certain before the update is sent.

@AllenGies
“Particle beams. Not usually mounted for defense.”
Will that work?

@AllenGies Hold on I thought apex patrol was completed, is it still ongoing?

It’s like Dwarf Fortress. It’ll be feature complete when it’s pried from Allen’s cold, dead hands. :wink:

@Samuel_H_Young -Yep. That’s more than enough to focus in on the section. Thanks.

@Arcania -As @Ramidel suggested, no writing is ever complete, only published: and that remains true so long as the writer is still alive. :slight_smile:

It has been a while, but if anyone is still visiting this folder, I have an announcement. I have opened a new discussion folder ‘The Midnight Horror -Beta Testing’ on this site. It is from the horror genre and hopefully has plenty of suspense and dread mixed into the atmosphere. There are even a few puzzles and a little combat to be had, though the game will not be very much like Apex Patrol.

You can play the beta version via a link to my dropbox.

Hey, Allen. I thought you’d wanna know that there are two colons for each stat, like this: “Ship Condition:: Your ship is undamaged.”

That’s one to fix then. Mind you, it will be a while since updating Apex Patrol isn’t very high on my list, but thank you none the less.

No problem!

Apex patrol is awesome!!!

@Pepper -Thank you. What in particular did you enjoy about it? I always like to be able to understand what makes a good game. Especially those I write. :slight_smile:

The ever changing background stories, with a little Khobasi Maru (wrong spelling I guess), a bit of khan, numerous no 1, a bit of genius bantering , multiple solutions, ship 2 ship battles, boarding n dinner

@Pepper - Glad to hear you liked all of that. Especially the dinner portion. That ended up being as complicated as any of the battle scenes because of the variability of guests.

@AllenGies the dinner scene was always a challenge I gave myself to see how many people I could get to show up. It was fun trying to gather everyone because it’s tricky maneuvering all the paths to get what outcome you want.

Scrivener – I am glad that you can find some replayability in the dining scene, even if it just to hear more stories and see how characters interact. I know that I have replayed long games for stranger reasons.

@AllenGies I once restarted a game because I missed a side mission and I was about twenty-four or so hours in and had just hit an important main mission.

A little non-Apex Patrol news. I’ve started the early beta for Marine Raider II. It is only thirty percent done, but I do enjoy how user thoughts and ideas can help shape the story.

If you are interested in helping the Beta along, try:

Just played this game and I absolutely love it! I am a huge Star Trek fan though and was imagining my captain to be a lot like Captain Kirk. I only wish that it was longer and the story more fully developed. I felt that I was able to defeat Kasador too quickly. Perhaps even a possible romance with one of the characters under your command would enhance the story. I could see a possible jealously story line going on with Kasador and your current love interest. Do you ever plan to do a sequel to this story or another like it?

1 Like

@Avacyn9
We try to refrain from posting in a topic this old, unless the writer does so it maybe better to pm them the feedback. Thank you. We do not want to clutter current topics. :slight_smile:

*Edit If I am wrong I do apologize, I was under the impression that they do not like old threads brought back from the dead unless the author was doing so. @FairyGodfeather or one of the other mods could you set me straight on this as I would never want to discourage a new person on the forums with the wrong information. Thanks

1 Like

@Avacyn9 Actually, it’s fine to comment on a published story’s thread anytime.

2 Likes