An Unexpectedly Green Journey (orc life-simulator) [1.5+ Million Words] OUT NOW!

@Zgg_Fg_hvg_Grffht

Damn browser. I long for orc memes! Green deserves memes! :smiley:

@Imd6908

You might need to go back to a checkpoint before the corruption happened, for the time being. This is definitely something I will look into and fix. Someone else mentioned it too. I’ll let you know when a future update goes through this.

@Door_kiczx

I remember you, mate! Thanks for the support on the WIP forum. Always a fine orc! I am so happy that the final game matches your expectations!

4 Likes

@Imd6908

Hi again, mate. Could you tell me the exact place where this happens?

1 Like

Left you a full star review on playstore , though i am not the most eloquent man so i do apologize if it doesnt fully convey awesomeness of this game to others.

2 Likes

You really are the True Green God. Your game is legendary, and my ideas came through. Hopefully I will be able to see what DLCs and/or Expansions you come up with, I also really want to see more links to paths.

3 Likes

@Servant_of_choices

Much thanks, mate! All reviews are treasured. To me, every word is like gold dust. No matter what people may think of the game, it is reviews which ensure it sticks around and gets noticed.

Also, thanks for your support in the WIP forum too- an axe-mate who I’d happily run into the ranks of dwarves beside.

2 Likes

Great Green Lord Patrick! You have been a true ally! Big thanks for your ideas and support. If things go well, I will put together ideas for DLCs and expansions. It might take a little while.

Do you want more choices directly leading to paths? At present, I have it more as a source of discovery, although the checkpoint system gives some access to your orc during very different adventures.

4 Likes

Hey man whats up
So if im not wrong i usually get my corruption when entering the cave in the east if im remembering correctly? And then everytime i want to remove it the shaman says im fine.
If you need more info mention it please

1 Like

The cave with the cyclops?

And where do you die? I have a feeling I might know what stat but I need to find the death scene to check.

Yep that cave, fuck that cyclops btw.
And then after retiring as adventurers and the game telling me to enjoy your old age i get the scene where i turn into a demon and go feral

I was so confused because i checked multiple times if i was corrupted or not but the shaman kept telling me that i wasnt.
Also the item from the goblin worked since when i took that the game let me join the guild and didnt say i was cursed

Completely unrelated question but is there a way to explore the island to the west?i forgot its name but i basically remember going there and getting my ass beat/cursed again and then not being able to go there anymore

1 Like

I will look into this. If I can make the changes quickly, I will see about letting HG know on Monday- they have their weekends so I don’t want to do it right now since it will mess up progress for many players.

Thanks for this. I am sure I can fix it!

EDIT: Yes- on the Green Emperor path, you can invade the islands.- Or- you can escape there during the cyclops invasion, though this is not the best ending.

EDITEDIT: Seems to be an easy fix (crossed fingers). I am sure that once I give the files to HG after the weekend, it will be sorted out.

7 Likes

Thanks king❤️

1 Like

The choice of what to do after the attack on the camp by the elves at the beginning of the game probably should use a save/restore point, Just for the sake of consistency.
And a really big suggestion that in hindsight I should have thought of when playing the beta, but an option to turn off images

2 Likes

Hey, so I’m playing through the adventurer route and the quests are really fun, I was just wondering if in a future update, you have the ability to keep the same party between quests instead of having to reselect them every time. Thanks for the great game, keep up the good work

1 Like

Hi Sujan-

You do have the ‘dynamic’ checkpoint, as well as the static ones, which can be ‘saved over’ and used before the dark elf attack. Then it can be used to reload. I will have a look to see how well a checkpoint will fit in here. As I don’t have smoothly defined chapters it is not always easy. This one might take a little bit of time.

What I can try to do without too many problems, for a ‘fixer’ update next week, is add a variable for the pictures. I can already see how I can do this without too much meddling. -I will keep the pictures active in the stats screen and just give the option to remove the ones in the story. Unless I encounter problems, I will try to do this very soon.

@N4m31355

Saw your review, on Steam- Big thanks for that! You got the ball rolling and I am so happy you have enjoyed the game so far.

The party selection mechanic is not ideal,- you have to do a few more clicks each time than I would like. I completely understand your point here. My coding is not great. I struggled to get it all to work. The problem is that so much would have to be rewritten, in all aspects of the adventurer path, if I were to adjust it. A big, big job.

What we have is the best way I managed to get the system to work, at the time of writing. To be honest, I worry that prodding it will break it :face_with_peeking_eye: I hope you can bear with it for a while. Further down the line, I may have a look at it again.

I 100% agree that the current form is not the smoothest way. It was all a bit of a coding nightmare for me!!!

1 Like

Advice on trying to take out that dragon? Most everything in that early exploration part of the game I’ve managed to work out, but the stat requirements to kill that thing are really high and I’m still trying to work it out

1 Like

I’m away from the files right now- so will check in the morning.

But- this dragon is very tough. No matter how tough your orc is, they can’t match a dragon. Though, through most of the game, the brutal-tank warrior orc is the way to go, here you can get some advantages using quicker techniques, or tricks -if you have the stats. If not, run away- perhaps train up those stats and then go back the overgrown worm!

Will probably have a better answer tomorrow, once I check stuff again.

1 Like

wow we can become an orc supreme deity and got some flyin city!

2 Likes

@NumberedEntity Congrats on the release :partying_face:
i just finished playing through it for the 10th time again.

1 Like

Congrats on the little blue thumbs up on Steam! This should help sales as its at 100% too! Having fun being unspeakably disgusting!

2 Likes

How do you get the goblin option on chief path when you challenged chief Morgorc?

3 Likes