An Unexpectedly Green Journey (orc life-simulator) [1.5+ Million Words] OUT NOW!

Time for the really fun part, two or three days to actually breathe and then the incoming barrage of bug reports and guide requests

3 Likes

@Sujan_Dhakal

Yes- I can feel the tremors. After today, I will hide for a few days before checking on things and doing what needs to be done.

2 Likes

Where is it located now? Iā€™m not seeing it to use it at the beginning?

3 Likes

@Nynykik

It is not available from the outset. You have to grow into an adult orc and find the Crone of Fates in the Western Hills. She will give you what you seek.

3 Likes

Awwwww does that mean I no longer can make a masterful young orc that dominates even as a youngster?

Either way. Congratulations on your release. I just purchased. So excited.

Are there any major differences from the last time we played before you took it down to this release?

4 Likes

@Nynykik

I had to post the full game for a month here before I could consider release. However, the game has been polished- many typos fixed. Several inconsistencies were tidied up and several bugs squished.

I know that it is a joy to be a master youngling- But we still have a lore-friendly way of gaining all those sweet buffs!

Big thanks for your support- I hope you enjoy revisiting Arbit!

2 Likes

@NumberedEntity

It is finally here!!

4 Likes

@MrWicho01

Bless you, sir! I commend your taste in games! Particularly CKIII- oh but wait- I see an even betterer bestest game above them all? Whatā€™s that? Looks weird? Probably some daft orc thing :smiley:

6 Likes

First COG ive reviewed on steam but gotta say this is everything I wanted and more, so many endings and so many different life paths, hats off to you, this is a masterpiece of interactive fiction

3 Likes

@N4m31355

I saw your review! Big thanks for that. Those reviews are so important. Even bigger thanks for your praise. It really means so much. I threw so much into Green, all the things I would want in a fantasy adventure. Glad others like it too! It is a cliche, but it makes it all worthwhile.

4 Likes

@NumberedEntity just sent you a message. Take a look when you can.

Wanted to be private

Game is great!!!

1 Like

Thank, mate!

I responded to the message. Thanks for being private- I think it might just be the fault of orcish stupidity? (Or was it a scene transition?)

See if I got it right.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND bought. Finally.

Again, congrats on it all! Wishing you much treasure and many grogs!

2 Likes

@VenomB

Awesome, mate! I also peeked your review on Steam- cheers! Helps so much.

On a personal note, I remember, more than a year ago, when you reviewed this game on Reddit. I came across it just doing a random internet search of the title. At the time, I was wondering if my sandboxy adventure would even be liked by anyone. Maybe the style was just out-of-date? Maybe a sandboxy/free form text game just didnā€™t do it for folks who like choice games, preferring more chapter-set pieces? I have found I am more event focused than character focused- is my technique just not cutting the mustard?

But your review showed me that at least a handful of folks (outside of the wonderful supporters on my WIP forum) were intrigued. Since that day, every now and again, I would see the name of my WIP pop up.- Not that Reddit is the be all and end all but, knowing that the HG Redddit is full of IF lovers, it was still good to see a name in proverbial lights once in a while.

One of the front line lads, Venom- snarling by my side in this textual battle! :smiley:

Cheers!

EDIT: My eyes are tired from obsessively jumping between forums and things. I hopped around for 16 odd rounds the other day, but now feel so tired from release anxiety and just using my eyeballs. I will escape to dreamland and hope thereā€™s not a big storm waiting when the sun rises. (Probably wonā€™t see it anyway. Bound to be overcast tomorrow.)

9 Likes

Hey man i wanted to report a bug or at least i think its one

The game keeps telling me i have corruption but when i try to remove it by going to the shaman he just tells me REJOICE YOU ARE NOT CURSED lol. Is this intentional? If it is how can i remove corruption other than the 50k item that i already bought from the goblin

1 Like

Bought my copy, and I will become an orc tyrant to shape the world to my orcish preferences. :japanese_ogre: Congrats on this huge release and welcome to the HG Author Club

4 Likes

@Imd6908

I will look into this, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Does it break your game? (Just asking as I donā€™t want to update for a couple of weeks otherwise as it will mess with peopleā€™s progress- But game-breaks are a priority). Cheers for pointing this out

@Samuel_H_Young

I am honoured to take my place beside you, sir, as an author and a BIG GREEN ORC! May Krog bless your axe!

4 Likes

I wanted to make an orc meme but my browser hates me :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for replying. No it doesnt break my game but the problem is when i reach the endgame if im not on demon lord path corruption takes over and i basically die

Its fine though take your time.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been a year since I visited this game, Iā€™ve been playing it since August and I have to say, this is the most memorable choiceofgames game Iā€™ve ever play and read in my entire life. Thank you for making this game, numbered, and Iā€™ve even bought the steam version too! Itā€™s time for the 9th? or 12th? playthrough ig, the game is extremely replayable I donā€™t even remember how many times I ended game!

6 Likes