An Unexpectedly Green Journey (orc life-simulator) [1.5+ Million Words] OUT NOW!

Tried the demo and I can say that, I’m absolutely hyped. My first play through as a shaman/raid veteran, loving how the story is unfolding. I will explore the other choices/paths as I’ve only done the 1 play through, but I’m looking forward to how the rest of the game will turn out, and excited to purchase it.

Fighting the demon orc, highlight of my first go at the demo.

@NumberedEntity keep up the great work. :+1:

4 Likes

Hi Sujan,

You are right- if I calm my head down, it is not ideal but could be far worse. It means a player is forced to listen to a track for a couple of minutes(annoying) but it is not game-breaking.

Ideally, this can still be solved, by removing the music until a later, minor patch.

Of course, if game-breaking bugs are found then I must work on immediate fixes. Smaller issues can be gathered for the aforementioned, later patch.

@MrSpec84

So happy you liked it! And there is so much more in the full game as your orc comes into their prime. Green is modelled after Fighting Fantasy-style games, particularly the ‘open world’ section, but can get more focused as you choose your path. You also have the option to be aimless and to just ‘exist’ and get by.

EDIT: PRAISES TO K. and KROG!
The sound will be taken out- a shame, but I can add it in again later.

I feel I will need to hide away for a number of days now. I was so good, so calm and disciplined when putting the game together, but these release things have me at odds and ends.

Perhaps a reddit post and Tumblr post before I retreat to my adamantine fallout shelter to listen to audiobooks and complete The Fabulous Fear Machine.

6 Likes

BEHOLD- The Title has sounds which scampers away to hide silently behind rocks when the Start button is pressed.

Now I can appreciate war drums again- and all looks to be raring to go!

@Prabhu

Big thanks for following the progress of this adventure, mate. I hope you find that this game does justice to orcs- and is a fun fantasy romp in general.

Go forth and conquer!

4 Likes

Damn can’t believe it’s nearly here. Been waiting a long time for this.

3 Likes

Cant wait to become orc god, congrats again on your book, Entity

2 Likes

I tried to beat Zthullu with max stats and I couldn’t xd

2 Likes

@q_riley

Cheers Q! Big thanks for your support over the last 18 months. Divinity awaits- of a certain hue!

@black

Cheers for picking up the axe and growing the tusks! I hope you enjoyed readying your orc for the world. May they crush it! In these times, my friend, there are places even an orc should fear to tread!

-Also- since I had to create boundaries somewhere, we have the mountains in the north, the oceans to the east, the Southern Swamp (although you can visit here as a pup, during one of your shaman jobs), and the Western Hills.

But- I wasn’t happy having mere geographical barriers in all four directions. I thought it might be intriguing to give the player the briefest taste of Zthullu- which is utterly inhospitable with the mustering of the cyclopes. Although, due to events in this game, Zthullu is able to be opened up, a millennium later, in A Shriek of Ash and Fire, once technology permits it.

A SHRIEK OF ASH AND FIRE (WIP) [128k UPDATE, 378k TOTAL-15th September 2024] (481K on Patreon) - Hosted Games / Works In Progress - Choice of Games Forum

May the Krog be with You- Happy 3rd Orctober- One more day!

12 Likes

Is there discord for this game and the sequel?

2 Likes

@Yen_Lag

I will look into starting this up. I don’t know my way around Discord but I know some HG and CoG authors have made active ones- @cultivator-anon for example has one with 500 users!

I worry about my cluelessness with Discord- but it shouldn’t hurt to give it a try at some point, soon.

I will keep you updated.

5 Likes

Only advice I really have is before you start, find people you know for a fact you can trust to be moderators/admin, that’s crucial to keeping things from getting out of control

2 Likes

@Sujan_Dhakal

Ah- very good point. Didn’t even think about this. I wouldn’t really have a clue who to put that responsibility on. Maybe see who would turn up? I will have to research a bit.

I would say that everyone who has commented in the threads, for both of my games, has been supportive, or constructively critical. Outside of these forums, it could be a minefield!

@supermegafly90

Rage with the horde, my friend! I am excited- but very anxious!

As of writing this, it is 20:50 UK time. Steam says the game will be released in 17 hours.

So after a late lunch, it should be out. The universe will have 1.5 million words about orcs to add to its infinite tomes!

5 Likes

Have to say I am very excited to play this game and conquer everyone. What time is it out tomorrow Uk time?

1 Like

There isn’t really a set release time, it’s usually midmorning, Pacific time

1 Like

PEAK COG IS COMING.
Lets gooo

4 Likes

@Zgg_Fg_hvg_Grffht

Time’s a ticking…

Axes are itching…

Stomachs are growling…

And the loot is shining…

Let’s smash the gits!

5 Likes

THE GREEN EMPEROR COMES SOON!!!

the Orc King | Castle Age Wiki | Fandom

7 Likes

Congrats on release day! Well wishes for everything to go smoothly!

6 Likes

It came! It finally came!!! : r/Starlink

3 Likes

It’s out on iOs, people

2 Likes

@VilaBae

Krog’s blessings to you. I am a very unorcly bag of nerves today. My best wishes to you and your great project too. Looking awesome!

(WIP) The Bureau - Chapters 1-4 (550k+ Total Words) UPDATED 08/08/2024 - Hosted Games / Works In Progress - Choice of Games Forum

@Sujan_Dhakal @Zgg_Fg_hvg_Grffht

October is no more. THERE IS ONLY ORCTOBER!

EDIT: Just noticed I have been moved to the Hosted Games page. Goodbye fair WIP forum, we had some good times you and I!

EDITEDIT: Oh- hate to mention it. But if play you the game and enjoy it, please consider leaving a review. These really, really help.

If you don’t like it, you can still leave a review- but I can’t promise that the big green lads won’t be coming around to pay you a visit.

13 Likes