After Dark (WIP)

Ok so i found sonething extremely unerving. See i have a little sister called finley, now if thats not wierd then on top of that my name is Cameron so having that in the story freaked me out

1 Like

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed Thank you so much for the feedback! No, choosing Finn’s gender definitely doesn’t determine your sexuality. There’s going to be another way to determine that in a choice soon (probably the next update), and depending on that you may get the choice to romance Finn later on (but that will be much, much later).

@BEIC Thank you! And yes, it will be one of the paths you can take in the story :grin:

@Bornmetal Wow, that’s a really weird coincidence :flushed:

3 Likes

Always glad to see another super-type thing about! This shows a lot of promise; it’s well-written with a strong base concept. I’m quite fond of seeing superpowered baddies who don’t engage in the sort of ridiculousness common amongst comic book villains. Tone will definitely be something to watch going forward, particularly if you intend to write something more “noir-y.” I can’t wait to see what’s to come!

P.S.
I’m also glad to see Greek food mentioned, however briefly. We are the best cooks, yes we are.

1 Like

@Bosoncat Thank you so much! And yes, the story is going to be leaning towards the noir genre. Also I agree with you 100% about Greek food; I’d been craving it so much last week that I had to briefly mention it in the game :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

that was far too short, but ya oke like what is there so far

I don’t know what direction you are trying to go i. I assume these are rough drafts. I like it so far. It could use something like stats, when I play a game. I look for freedom of choice. I never understood why they have so many names for you to pick from when you can write in your own.

There were no choices so far when I played. The detail is very good, and the story seems to be well explained. It’s a very short demo. I’d liked to have played more to get a general idea where the story is headed.

@Chazelle Good job, I really liked it. Hope you see it till the end.

This was a very good preview of your writing style. It was really pleasant and flowed well, was sad when it ended can’t wait to see more and find out more about Finn.

Hey, everyone! Wow, so it’s been a pretty long while since I worked on After Dark. But, I’m on summer break again, I still have a ton of ideas for this story, and I’m ready to get to work (never mind that school’s been out for me for like, over a month already)! I’ve already begun finishing up Chapter 1. Hopefully, by the next update (aiming for September? I have a lot of time on my hands) I can have the rest of it up and maybe some of Chapter 2! Have a great day everyone!

9 Likes

Very happy to see this up and running again. Welcome back.

All I can say is wow; in just a short time you have made me fall in love with the story and the characters; i cannot wait to see what you bring next.

I really enjoyed playing this demo and can’t wait until the next update! :relaxed:

I just found this WIP today and it looks really interesting. I can’t wait to read more.

I really enjoy this so far it’s awesome

Yeah played this thing earlier, i’m definitely interested. Pretty sure Fin died and came back to life. Also i think im going to like Dev. Just a hunch : D

2 Likes