Above Oceans of Sky (WIP) (formerly Beneath the Sky)

Your welcome. Sorry that I can’t help with links, but I don’t want to poke around and end up messing up the thread or something.

Some quick thoughts:

• Thank you for separating the engine room and the Cap’s cabin. It was a bit of a hindrance to manually click to see Parser first.
  • The new chapter’s very interesting, even if it’s very short. Particularly the part where if the captain trusts you enough, you can influence the decisions of the heist. Adds a new level of depth to the game, and I’d like to see you do more of it.
  • Eagerly awaiting more! :grin:
2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile: This was just the first half of chapter two. Originally I was gonna wait until I finished the entire thing but it got waaaaaaay out of hand in the amount of paths available for the heist, so I just posted what I have. The second half of the chapter will deal with repercussions of the heist. As for what the repercussions are, well, that depends on how your heist went, and there are a ton of options :grin:

Fortunately the second half should be way more linear and thus far faster. No idea when it’ll actually happen, just sooner, hopefully.

2 Likes

Query/question/quandary:

Unless it ties into too much for reasons unknown to me, could I make a small request regarding hair length? Longer hair, like down to the waist, please? To me that is where long hair starts to deserve the label long. Can be kept in a (more or less) tidy bun, less prone to catch on things than a braid. Pretty please? :blush:

2 Likes

Longer hair is coming! The idea is that for each chapter, unless you cut it off, you can get one “hair unit” longer, until, I suppose, by the end of the game, it can be down to your feet, if loose. Up until now I’ve just been kinda making your hair do whatever I want, which, now that I think of it, has meant braid, or simply not mentioning it. I will try to incorporate different ways of doing hair in the future. Thanks for the input!

1 Like

Hey! I don’t mean to bump my own thread, but I can’t seem to edit my original post. I definitely don’t need to, and to a large extent its my fault for including a bunch of time-sensitive material in the original, but if an admin or other higher up could maybe edit it to just include the two paragraph description and the up-to-date link, and take out all the time-sensitive game info and the old link, then that would be HUGELY appreciated. Or if anyone knows how I can do it myself. Thank you all! :smile:

@Fire_Strider96 Bring it on :sunglasses: Have you already posted the new description somewhere?

The only way I know of which would allow you to alter your first post after the usual time-limit has passed is by changing it to a wiki post, which would allow everyone to edit it.

Edit:
I’ve already found the new link and pasted it into the first post.

Edit 2:
Misinterpreted the

part. (I thought you wanted it replaced with something new.) I’ll take out the time-sensitive stuff now.

1 Like

I literally just need the first two paragraphs of the post, which are are already up there, and the updated link I posted in a comment a few days ago. Well the name in the post needs to be changed but nothing else. So everything in quotation marks below(hopefully) working link, including the :

"Above Oceans of Sky is a post-apocalyptic steampunk adventure. It is set in a world where the all but the mountaintops have been covered by a poisonous fog. This adventure will follow the MC, Thorn Daybreaker, as they traverse a world filled with sky pirates, genetic manipulation, steam powered limps and other strangeness.

The idea of this game is to have a long adventure, with many branches, that will respond well to players choices. I want this to be a long game, so I will probably be working on this for a very long time. I may also make many typos, errors, and continuity issues, so if you see any, please tell me and I will correct them as soon as possible. Thank you for playing!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8sgb4479xnscdht/Above%20Oceans%20of%20Sky.html?dl=0132"

Thanks a ton! I made the original post when I was young and inexperienced and didn’t know the forum rules, and I promise this won’t happen again! :grin:

1 Like

It’s not actually stated somewhere that you can’t edit a post anymore after a certain amount of time has passed. I’m not even sure after which amount of time it happens :sweat_smile: And besides, things like these are part of the reason why the forum has moderators in the first place. So if you want something altered, feel free to ask :wink:

2 Likes

Still, thank you a bunch! You’re the best! :smiley: