Above Oceans of Sky (WIP) (formerly Beneath the Sky)

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed raises juice glass May your propellers always be spinning and the wind always blow beneath your sails! Seriously, though, permission to use that toast in the game? Cause that’s awesome. And thanks!

@Martymcchew I think I’ll put this in the FAQ’s next time I update the game. No, you won’t be able to change Thorn’s name. Because Thorn is actually a preset character. You already have a backstory, and hence, a name. Also the name actually will be important for a plot point later in the game. Also thanks!

2 Likes

: D Awesome! Sure, go ahead.

This is quite impressive and I’ve seen quite a few WIP’s during my time on this forum.

Really cool! Can’t wait to see where it goes.

This is so awesome, omg

Thanks to everyone who’s played through it so far! Another update is up, complete with a name change! To access the main bulk of it refuse to sign the contract for the Captain. This is not the main Chapter 2, that will be the next thing to update. Probably there are a million and one typos lurking in there, so my apologies for that.

Thanks again!

Hii there, I have to say… promising story, I would most definitely not mind reading more of it, altough I found something that bugs me a little bit… So in my route I helped the robot, met Tricity. All good and well. Went to the front of the ship. Went inside the engine room then the captains office. All good till then, he asks me to just go help someone so I thought to get to know the rest of the crew better so I chose the ‘I help Asmth Aitchtiamel.’ option. Well it kinda bugged me even though he has never met thorn, he is so… idk how to say it… Natual with ‘her’/‘him’ already. And I thought maybe with the other introductions that is so as well. So I recommend making them a little less familiar with eachother… For exempel:

I find Amsth at the top of the ship, pulling on the ropes that control the enormous red sails that jut out from the skyship and guide us through the air.

Okay, this is still okay even though I would not directly say his name, you are making an observation so I’d say like “a man, that must be…” But you know its just a suggestion

“Hey!” he calls out. “Daybreaker! What’s up?”
A little much familiar for someone you never met before no? How does he even know your name?

“I’ve come to help you!” : Acceptable

“Nothing really.” : kinda suspicious no?

“I came to see you!” : waayy familiar, i’d be shocked if somebody I’ve never seen before said that to me… Especially since you made it look so spontaneous with that ! after it.

So be carefull with the meeting part, otherwise I think this story is awesome, I hope this was usefull since you asked feedback and I hope for the next part soon enough :blush:

Thanks for the feedback! :smile:

Yeah, that is a problem. I was hoping that by that point most people would have met whoever they were talking to, but it does make it clear that that sort of familiarity is out of place. I will try to fix this before the next update. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Just played this for the first time and wanted to say that this is a very cool start to a story. The steampunk world you’ve created is very well written and not something I normally take an interest in. The Captain, freaky thing that he/she/it/they are is a fascinating character who I honestly find myself kind of liking.

Thank you! The Captain originally just started out as a kind of minor character, but they’ve definitely grown in importance and I hope to do some cool things with them later on. Spoilers about that though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

btw There is a point and click post apocalyptic steampunk game called Beneath a Steel Sky
https://www.gog.com/game/beneath_a_steel_sky
that already exists. It really has no similarities to yours but maybe look into renaming? It’s a fairly well known game too

Just chiming in to say I played this a couple weeks back and really enjoyed what you have so far; I think you’re off to a great start and I can’t wait to see where this goes. Good luck!

@Imon Hmmm, looks like the title will change again. Thanks.

@Choobacca Thanks! I can’t wait to see where it goes too! :slight_smile:

Very awesome game. Please keep the story going! I’d like to have more chances for, ahem, romantic scenes is all, but other than that I’m loving it!

Thank you!

If you don’t sign the contract the Captain wants you to you can get to a version of the second chapter, which includes some romance scenes. The main chapter two, which I’m currently working on, will have some more at the end.

I like it so far keep up the good work mate

Thanks, I’ll try to! Was slowed down by school and writing my (linear and conventional) novel, but I hope to pick up the pace again :slight_smile:

That ok just can’t wait for more mate but take your time

Good to hear, I like this WIP and look forward to future updates.

Oh I am no worries :slight_smile: And thanks for the feedback.

@Durxa Thanks glad your enjoy it!