A Witch's Curse (W.I.P) (Updated 3/2/2019)

wow just did a run and this is FUC*** UP.though i do like it.cant wait for more

5 Likes

Loving the update. The interaction with Patches/L is just :heartbeat:
Also, it says ‘unknown’ Everytime it’s supposed to say she or he for one of the ROs.

1 Like

Hm… that’s strange. Were you using a save file when you played the update? Because I did a little bit of tinkering with the startup file before updating and that might’ve messed up your save.

It makes me so so happy to hear people are enjoying the update! I’m a huge worrywart when it come to updating.

@Jeremy_Stumbaugh Thank you so much! I’m glad you’re liking the darker tone. ALthough, I’m hoping it doesn’t read too much as baby’s first grimdark novel… I want it to be dark and chilling but not to the point that its ridiculous

It surely doesn’t. Really nice job!

One small question on the last update:

Summary

it seems that this stat-check result doesn’t correspond with the choice option. Did MC talk?

#I'll stand next to ${M_him} and let ${M_him} speak first.
		You're honestly  at a loss for words right now, and even if you weren't you're not so sure you'd be able to trust yourself with staying calm and collected. You approach ${M_him} cautiously.
		*if (agility > 20) or (agility = 20)
			${M_name} startles at your words
1 Like

Oh, that’s a mistake! I’ll go back and fix that. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Fixed! Let me know if you run into any other continuity errors/ typos.

Love the update! I guess of the 80’s styles offered my mc leans towards new romantic in what is likely a subconscious affection for some of the things Landon and people like Landon, but not he himself used to wear in the distant past in a life he cannot consciously recall at the moment.
Plus I figure my mc has the shape and long, gorgeous legs needed to pull off leather pants and tall (riding)boots to maximum effect. Like the old vids of Adam Ant he probably looks really dashing when at his best by now. :yum: (which means any time he’s not soaked by inclement weather, poor velvet military jacket, that’s not a fabric that dries easily and I sure hope my mc wore jeans or cotton/wool pants that day instead of leather) :worried:

1 Like

Adam Ant is my inspiration whenever I’m writing out descriptors for the romantic Style! And yeah, it’s going to be varying degrees of hell cleaning your clothes depending on MC’s fashion expression.

Hm… I’m wondering if L should comment on Mc’s clothing if they’re in the newromatic style…

2 Likes

You mean once we actually get to the point where he is in a position to discuss it with the mc? Yeah, I was kind of hoping for that, what with my mc’s affection for the style coming from his subconscious that is heavily influenced by his past life, Landon himself and Landon’s fashion choices.
The comments would probably make the most sense if L is the same sex as the mc as then we can perhaps unknowingly really try to dress like they used to.

I also like this Jermaine Jackson outfit of the period.

As the game itself notes the mc apparently has lots of clothes (the mc’s new romantic style, for example probably uses some actual vintage cltohes from some of his previous lifetimes that out mc probably currently thinks are merely replica’s) so we can probably mix and match them to the occasion, besides if my mc ever takes up jogging or the gym 1980’s sport shorts for guys were deliciously short.

2 Likes

Yes, The MC has a ton of clothes from over the course of the 200 years they’ve been under the witch’s “care”. While a lot of them have fallen apart and decayed over the years, some have survived through sheer force of will and multiple trips to a tailor.

5 Likes

Could we become the witches appertince and learn magic

1 Like

You can definitely learn magic. As for being the witch’s apprentice? Well that’ll depend on your choices as well as her opinion of you.

But, real talk, do you really want to be her apprentice? She’s kind of the worst

5 Likes

Releastically I would totally do it I’m a magic fanatic

2 Likes

And we presumably have more than enough genuine 1980’s clothing in addition to that as well, right? I wonder if “mother” has Landon steal any of it for us?

My mc would want to learn, but not if that is the price. Still the kind of youth spell we or potion we’ve been fed up until now would sure come in handy.

One last thing how old were our mc and Landon respectively when they broke into the Witch’s mansion in 1791? It would give me a feel as to how old they’re supposed to look. I’m currently guessing somewhere between 15-18, but I get that mostly from the fact that our mc is still using a bike instead of a car or motorcycle in 1980’s small town USA.

1 Like

The MC was in their late teens/ early twenties, when doing stupid things like breaking into a house sounds fun, but I left the age kind of vague on purpose. Landon is about the same age as the MC maybe a year older or younger depending on the players own preference. Again, I left that vague on purpose. They are, however, definitely not in school. (In the 1980’s you could dropout at 16, though the MC wouldn’t remember dropping out, they just know that they’re not in school and are working for their mother. The excuse is that their mother is very sick and needs their help.)

The reason the MC doesn’t have a car is because they don’t really have the money for one. (But really it’s because the Witch doesn’t want them to have one. You can 't get as far on a bike as you can in a car.)

2 Likes

Yeah, pulling off the new romantic style isn’t all that cheap either and my mc is likely to prioritize spending on clothes anyway.
Still I suppose my mc should look for a way to be a “good son” and earn some more money soon.
Mc probably can’t drive anyway unless the witch used to pretend to be richer in previous life in the 40’s or 50’s or so and used to mc as a driver back then.

I imagine my MC can pass in age anywhere from 16 to 20, regardless of actual age and I would imagine with 200 years worth of experience she is practiced enough to pull it off using clothing and make-up and by changing her speech patterns…

1 Like

That experience is hidden away from our mc’s active personality/consciousness though so we can’t really rely on it. Which is why I suppose should it ever come up in the story and should we have done it in the past my mc would be surprised he even knows how to drive a car despite having no license and never having taken any lessons in the life he remembers.
Point is the mc can probably do a lot of things by “muscle memory” after all this time but their ability to really draw on the vast wealth of past experiences they ought to have is starkly limited.
That said, yeah the mc could probably pass as being between 16 and 20, though for a 16 year old I suppose mine would be a bit broad-shouldered.

1 Like

So the updates coming along nicely. I’m hoping to get it out by the 29th. Key word: hoping. If I can’t though I should have it out by the end of the weekend.

Also, I finally joined Discord and I was wondering: Should I make a server for AWC?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not right now, but maybe in the future

0 voters

Just a note, if I do make a discord server it’s going to be after the latest update is put out.

EDIT: Bumping this because the poll has basically been 50/50 this whole time. Which doesn 't help my indecisive self.

1 Like

Update Today!
Link: https://dashingdon.com/play/rosemaryandsage/a-witchs-curse/mygame/

Some changes in the game:

• Chapter 2 is out in its entirety

• Part of Chapter 3 has been posted as well

• Added a couple of extra mirror options in the prologue

• Went back into previous chapters and either elaborated or fixed the arrangement of different scenes

ENJOY!

21 Likes

Huzza, a new update!!!

2 Likes