A Winter Request from CoG Staff

This makes 4 cow-ments in a row. I am also thankful for them, they taste good, and the land rented off to them lets the family keep the cabin for hunting, or atleast and being together. Sadly I couldn’t go any of this year because my mom decided to start a blood feud over something my uncle did over a decade ago. I am thankful for the time I did get to spend with them.

Not so much my sister, but still.

I love @poison_mara and the love she shares with all of us. Thank you for being here! And happy holiday season everyone! Ps: everybody come here in Southern Italy where the sun always shine and let’s celebrate together! :beer:

8 Likes

The holidays are always stressful for me. There’s gifts to buy, cookies to bake, and I’m writing a novel on top of it all. Not a COG, just a boring (joke) old novel with a predetermined ending. At leas I can look forward to family visiting on Christmas. And Pon Para and the Unconquerable Scorpion coming out December 17th, that’s something to look Forward to.

2 Likes

Hey! Thanks, I am nothing special. I try to help others. You are excellent as well. Everyone that writes and end a project should be happy and feel proud. All forums should join together and play, testing and writing like a family. Not only in this holiday season all year!

9 Likes

Thanks so much @MahatmaDagon! I was glad to see Highlands be published it’s a great game :smiley:

3 Likes

I love the holidays especially Christmas. I am looking forward to being with my relatives and watching Christmas films.

3 Likes

My wife took me on a really cute date yesterday! We went to a winter festival and window-shopped through all the various booths. Bought a lot of yummy scented candles. It was fun to watch the ice skaters go around this enormous tree. We live in Pittsburgh, so of course there was also a giant inflatable pickle, haha :cucumber:

7 Likes

I apparently don’t know enough about Pittsburgh, because I fail to see how “of course” would ever be a natural response to a giant inflatable pickle. :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha, oh man, apologies, I’ve been in the city too long. Pittsburgh is where a man named Henry Heinz really got his foodstuffs business going in 1876. His first big hit food was the pickle, which came in clear bottles, instead of the (at the time) usual green bottles. Customers could see the condition of the pickles before they bought them. His company, HJ Heinz Company, is also known in the USA for their ketchup, mustard, and other condiments. Fast forward to today, and Pittsburgh has giant inflatable pickles (they actually drove one through the city to cheer everyone up during lockdown) and a Picklesburgh festival in the summer. Like, any sort of decoration you can think of can be found pickle-shaped. My wife really took one for the team when she ate pickle-flavored fudge. She gave it 3 out of 5 stars :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s fascinating! I’m definitely familiar with Heinz - there’s a bottle of their ketchup in my kitchen right now - but I didn’t know much of the history, and I certainly didn’t know about Pittsburgh’s legacy of giant inflatable pickles, which is absolutely delightful and has me wanting to visit. Plus, I think pickle fudge just displaced the Gilroy Garlic Festival’s signature ice cream from the top of my personal list of things that sound absolutely disgusting but I nevertheless know I would regret passing up a chance to try.

1 Like

“57 Varieties” (of pickles) was and remains the Heinz company catchphrase. Why 57? Because 57 sounded like a cool number.

4 Likes

Which makes a custom-labeled bottle of ketchup the perfect 57th birthday gift, especially for someone who loves ketchup. And yes, the Heinz website does allow you to purchase a single bottle with a custom label.

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t know about the Pittsburgh-Heinz connection before moving here! I was being a space cadet assuming. I don’t like pickles, so to me you are a brave, brave soul. I do want to go to the Gilroy Garlic Festival one day! You can really smell it a mile away: my family drove past one hot summer to visit relatives, but had no time to stop.

@will yeah! That’s the story I heard! Like he was counting all his products and stopped at 57 because it sounded cool. Downtown Pittsburgh has a history museum that focuses on local history, and they have a permanent exhibit about Heinz. Ya gotta take all the info with a grain of salt because Heinz sponsered the museum, to the point there’s a huge neon ketchup bottle attached to it, but it’s a fun visit nonetheless.

EDIT: Wife would like to add, it’s MOVING neon light ketchup bottle, which forever pours ketchup all over the Pitt. Tasty!

2 Likes

Giant inflatable pickles and huge neon ketchup bottles? I definitely need to see this someday.

1 Like

Sounds like this needs to be a Vampire: the Masquerade setting. “Podunk by Night.”

4 Likes

A giant inflatable pickle needs to figure prominently in the climax.

3 Likes

I love this! I want to take the time to appreciate @Elena_H :heart: not only because her story rules, but the way she always takes the time to answer questions and/or acknowledge comments in such a kind and upbeat manner, goes above and beyond. (I could say the same thing about @Gower as well!)

Also, working with @Seraphinite is always delightful…even when I shoot her random questions throughout the year when I am not testing her lovely games, totally unrelated to WHC - rather than being annoyed, she answers back as amusing and pleasant as ever. :smiley:

This is fun…oh and @Jay_Tarrant always seems super helpful and patient with everyone on the forums, and does not get enough credit for how awesome she is. ☆

Happy Holidays!!! Xoxox

9 Likes

Aww, this is such a wonderful thread you’ve got going here!

So, what am I excited for in the coming weeks and the new year. Well after five years, I have finished my undergraduate degree and have my graduation ceremony in a couple of weeks. I am also making semi-decent money now that I have a job and the first thing I am saving up for is a flight to Ireland to see my girlfriend :revolving_hearts: I don’t know when exactly I’ll be able to, but each day is one day closer.

And people I appreciate on the forum. I have to say that the moderators do a great job, so thanks to them for everything that they do. But I have to give a huge shout-out and thanks to @Jender because if there is one person I can think of that represents everything great about the CoG community, it is her :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thankful for whoever made Choice of the Dragon. I wouldn’t have gotten into choice games without them. Since then, these games have been a huge part of my life and they make me happy.

9 Likes

Now there’s something I think literally everyone here can agree about!

Their names are Dan Fabulich and Adam Strong-Morse, by the way. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes