A Strange Birthday - Chapter 2 Added! - 10/24/15

Chapter 2 Added!

Hello everyone, just wanted to say that I’ve updated the game.

What did I update?

Well, I fixed a few pronoun related bugs, created a crazy librarian, improved sections of the first chapter, and, you know, added Chapter 2!

I look forward to your feedback!

I am so confused. The counter part Ash or Max shows up to my party only to be told to leave by the MC’s mom? Doesn’t make sense there. Also I’m having a stroll with Ash then…Poof… all of a sudden a Werewolf pops up…yea…I’m lost.

1 Like

Why wasn’t I able to say I was also into max?

1 Like

The MC’s (Max’s) mother is a nasty woman - very protective of her child since her husband died. I’ll try to communicate that more on both sides.

I’ll also work on the setup to the appearance of the antagonist. It’s a major part of the story, and I should have put more effort into it. Thank you for pointing that out.

I wrote Ash as a character who values nature more than materialistic ideals, but it isn’t fair to say s/he doesn’t like Max - especially if the reader wants to have Max be romance-able. I’ll create a variable that implements a romance option into the game.

Both these updates will be implemented soon. Thank you for playing and for your feedback!

Awesomeness. You are good. Now, any romance able option? Maybe each other?

Thank you!

In the original plan the main characters didn’t romance each other; one is an antisocial gamer and the other is completely involved in nature.
I didn’t like limiting the reader that much, though, so I did add in elements of romance.

“So, Ash.” I said, and ${he} glanced at me.
*fake_choice
*selectable_if (love = 1) #Admit love interest.
“I know this may seem sudden, but I’ve had a strong interest in you for a long while – since fifth grade, actually. I just felt like I need to tell you that. I understand if-”

“-Thank you, Max,” Ash whispered, interrupting me. “I think I may have an interest in you, as well. I have to apologize, though. I’m not ready for that type of commitment yet. Let’s just remain friends.
    “Always,” I mouth.
    *set love + 1
    *page_break "Always..."

However, many people don’t seem to think that this is actual romance. So, I’m going to add in another option where the character can choose to actual get in a relationship with the other - and vice versa.

Come to think of it, that will allow me to add an interesting dynamic in the next chapter. Hmm…

That’s great! :innocent:

So, will there be a carry over option? Like if we finish Max’s side of the story will those choices carry over to Ash’s side and vice versa?

Oooooh Werewolves niiice. Also i picked Ash as female and her pronouns became he and stuff.

It’s the same story(s) over the same period of time, essentially; it would be wasted time and effort to implement that feature into this game. However, perhaps I’ll make a sequel that you can port over your stats if you want to play as the other character (if you don’t end up getting him/her killed in this story). No work started on that, though, so no time soon.

I thought it would be interesting to write the appearance of a misunderstood man labeled “werewolf” that has a special interest in Ash. I’m glad you agree.
Also, I already noted and fixed the pronoun issues. I’m waiting 'till I have time to add actual content before I post a new link; thank you for pointing them out, though.