A question of laziness (or efficiency)!

Time will tell.
I’m having fun coming up with means to use nosokinesis…

1 Like

Power to control NOSES? :slight_smile:

Diseases
But close, pragmatically speaking

1 Like

Oh! Wow. :slight_smile: You could be like a totally nonlethal hero like that if you like…made a disease spread through a building that puts people into LETHARGY or something! <3 Just makes them sleepy and weak for a while. :slight_smile:

Eh, mc is trying to win a cooking contest…

1 Like

Wow, that looks like a lot of work. If the player could only have one power, I’d be inclined to use a single variable to hold a number corresponding to that power. You’d still need lots of tests, of course, but for simple descriptions you could use @{power desc1 | desc2 | desc3 etc.} and you could put that and a lot of the tests on a ‘code’ page and call them via gosub’s so you don’t have to keep copying and pasting text all over the place.
Just make sure you don’t shift powers around after writing half of it though!

I’ll be going down a similar route when I finally get around to the rest of my story about a superhero, it’s on hold because she doesn’t yet exist or have a home. The game world she’ll occupy is an MMO that hasn’t been released yet!

I think I have more than 40 powers in my WIP birth of a hero… The key is to have many of them just being only slightly different (like you can group powers into days that do damage, things that slow down/stun enemies, movement pets, etc)