A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

it was just a example for like some games go in series like tekken 1 tekken 2 and so fourth.

august 4rth is when he/she gonna release the next part of the game?.

Nahā€¦ Itā€™s the release date for the first book.

3 Likes

o.o i thought it was the date for the new book./demo in the series .

Itā€™s the release date for book I. The demo here contains the entirety of that and also parts of book II. After the exoneration scene.
The author has recently come back from a hiatus. Follow the post or the author for updates to the public demo

Wait, so the upcoming release is less than the demo? Thatā€™s confusing.

6 Likes

Basically, yeah

I will assume Parivir will have to remove Book 1 from the current demo after the official release cause it would be kinda weird having it here for free :thinking:

3 Likes

o.o i thourt it was going be the release of book 3

:: pinches the bridge of nose and sighs ::

9 Likes

I feel like that would defeat the whole point of submitting games on this platform. And even if author wanted to have all 3 books in one demo, I dont think mods would allow something like that. Like, imagine Lord of Infinity current demo having Sabres of Infinity AND Guns of Infinity in it while both of those games can be bought on the official site

4 Likes

Sorry if it was asked before, but will this be three separate books/apps (like Soulstone War), or one big app with all the three books (like Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven)?

7 Likes

Separate books , infact if on time book 1 is coming this week.

1 Like

Hello hello,

Book 1 of AMR is releasing within a few hours! Really exciting stuff!

A couple of things I want to talk about ahead of the release:

First things first, Iā€™ve said before that I wanted the demo for AMR to stay up until the game hits the market, and surreal as it is to say, today is that day! The demo version of AMR will be temporarily unavailable for a couple of days as I phase Book 1 out of the code, and create a stand-in character-creation scene (a la Fallen Hero: Retributionā€™s demo) to facilitate customized playthroughs. After the changes, the demo will start from the mageā€™s awakening scene in Arcadia, and anything before that will be inaccessible.

When the game goes online again, it will also include a new full-length update, which covers basically the rest of the Yotai arc. Itā€™s been a long time coming! Thank you for your patience all this time. :smiley:

Second thing to talk about: In the interest of full transparency, the published version of AMR is north of 90% similar to the demo version of AMR, with content up to the exoneration scene (right before the resurrection). The main differences in the release version vs. the demo are twofold: that the game has gone through a professional editing process, and that a number of choice forks throughout the game has seen some expansions. Overall, it should contribute to a more streamlined experience, but just in case anyone was expecting a dramatically different product vs. the demo, Iā€™d just like to make this clear!

Last but not least, I wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for being the reason that AMR could come to life. As an amateur writer and a non-coder, tackling an interactive fiction piece with hundreds of thousands of words was a terrifying, and often maddening endeavor. The enthusiasm surrounding this project is a big part of why I soldiered on despite it all, and I will always be thankful for your support.

Iā€™ll be back tomorrow to reply to some of the questions that have gathered in this thread (though I canā€™t answer every single one, Iā€™m sorry TT). Until next time, everyone!

Love,

Adam

154 Likes

2dad82d0-2409-4869-aca8-8c0259323f0d-profile_image-300x300

10 Likes

Poking in here to say I am BEYOND hyped for this.

9 Likes

Congratulations on making it this far man

I shall purchase it as soon as itā€™s out, you made quite the spectacular story.

On a side note, I would definitely attempt to contact some Animation studios (Kadokawa / White Fox / Madhouse) to try and make an Anime out of it as it can easily be among the top 10 in history and Iā€™m not saying this lightly considering how very picky i can be about anime

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure an anime about a choose your own story would be good because it defeats the point of it. A lot of people would be unsatisfied with just one ā€˜canonā€™ ending in a game where there are multiple.
And besides, I feel big companies like that would, in time, besmirch itā€™s name and stray from the authors original idea.
Like the new Clementine book. Written by someone who didnā€™t play Telltaleā€™s The Walking Dead and totally missed her character and personality. Now a lot of people are angry it even exists because it negates everything the games led up to.

17 Likes

Dude, you have nothing to thank us for, we should be the ones thdanking for making this thing in the first place. Iā€™ve lost track of how many hours Iā€™ve spent replaying AMR or arguing with somebody about Leonā€™s stupidity or making predictions on whatā€™s going to come up next or, well, you get the picture. In other words, thanks for writing A Mage reborn and keep up the good work

10 Likes

Not to mention the protagonist would probably be a heterosexual male MC romancing Ilya, and flirting with Eli(LT with Ilya), Yu and F :rofl: And that would be seen as canon now.

22 Likes