A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

you def misread something haha! saine’s not a RO

12 Likes

Saine’s ace-aro, so you’re neither romancing nor banging him.

3 Likes

Ilya supremacy

23 Likes

Ilya is such a sweetheart…Several morally questionable decisions aside , she’s great!

15 Likes

Just rolled through the demo on this, and it’s very solid. I enjoy the twists you’ve written in!

1 Like

Illya made me cry towards the end, holy this was good.

9 Likes

Man i’ve been all over dashingdon and choiceofgames and this one is hands down the best i’ve ever read.

i keep coming back to it even though i replayed the demo like 50 times at this point and the tears start flowing at the end of Book 1 every single time.

11 Likes

@Parivir Okay, I don’t know how often you read through your comments here, especially with a lot of the chatter that happens here, but here goes anyways!

This game’s incredible.

I read through it originally in October last year during a ChoiceScript binge and I got attached to it then, but I think it hit different reading through it this time. I don’t want to dump too many of my struggles on you without your explicit permission, but it’s been a rough year for me. I’ve experienced a lot of loss and grief in the past few months and I’ve been examining trauma throughout my life through a different lens than I had previously in the past year, and I think, because of that, A Mage Reborn really spoke to me because so much of it is about the very experiences I’ve been so unfortunately close with recently.

It focuses so centrally on grief and so centrally on trauma, and honest to god, I think revisiting it when I did was something I needed. It helped me through a recent loss and it continues to help me along that healing process, and just in general, it’s helped bounds.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is thank you. Storytellers are some of the most powerful people in the world in the way they can touch people and you can certainly count yourself among them. I cannot wait to see where this goes and continue on this journey with you.

That being said, do take your time and don’t push yourself too hard. If you need a break, don’t feel bad taking one. Rest is as much a part of the process as the actual work.

Stay safe, and take the best care of yourself as you can.

28 Likes

Aight definitely read it wrong :fearful:, thankss thankss :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ahahahaha, so i just had to post this, and im sure im not the only one to get this imagery, nor the first to.

But, after just grinding through Fate GO ((Mobile Game based in the Fate universe, or rather multiverse.)) So, yadda yadda yadda you summon servants who are spirits recorded in the throne of heroes. Whom are characters of renown in history, think King Arthur, Jack the Ripper, Hercules, etc.etc.

Each one having their own “ultimate ability”, called a “Noble Phantasm”. Key word being “Phantasm”.

So now, when ever I use the super magic, phantasma((probably a typo)). All i can picture my character as is Artoria using hers and screaming “EXCALIBUR!!!” :pinched_fingers::person_shrugging:

12 Likes

Well, I think I saw a screenshot of someone named their MC as Irisviel Einzbern, maybe this one just loves Iri or wants to make romancing Ilya sound- cough, amusing.

6 Likes

that would be me XD
i always use irisviel as my charachter in these games, i even pick White hair and red eyes whenever i can

7 Likes

IT WOULD SEEM THAT ILLYA WON!!!

CONGRATS TO THE WAIFU LOVERS!!!

And now to see how our MC and Illya can react to each other once they finally meet again…well it be one of reconciliation? Of anger and shouting? Or angsty beyond all else as she knows what your plans for her kingdom are, that you wish vengeance upon that foolish king you once named best friend and her unthankful people…she knows it, and she knows her duty, her CHARGE! SHE MUST STOP YOU FROM HURTING YOURSELF!!!

She cries, tears streaming down her cheeks as she begs you to reconsider, she tries to explain, to somehow stop this raging torrent of emotions you feel from consuming the entire land in HATE! She knows you better than you know yourself, that after the world has turned to ash you will be left with nothing but emptiness, a hollow victory that’ll leave you mute of emotion, draining the color of the world as your stomach pangs with regret and even more rage!

But towards who?

Yourself…” she cries out as she falls to the ground, crawling to hold your knees as her body quivers from her lack of breath as she sobs. Her beautiful white dress was dirtied from the ground, from latching on to you.

You don’t know what to think.

Sensing your hesitation, she tries one last chance to change your mind, to return to the kingdom and once again be part of the White Fangs, like the good old days…but that’s where she errs…your memories flash by, the adventures, the time spent together, the laughter, the fun, the close times where one would be saved by another, the trust-

Trust.

Trust that was broken.

Trust that Leon broke.

You turn away from Illya, her hands desperately trying to hold onto your leg as she cries out to you to stay. She looked pathetic and hopeless, the black mud covering the left side of her chest. You almost blame yourself for her current state.

But no.

Illya wasn’t crying because of you.

Illya was crying because of Leon. He started this.

And you were going to finish it.

43 Likes

Nobody gets to hurt Ilya :triumph::triumph:

20 Likes

I wouldn’t hurt her

Unless she would try to interfere with my plans…

4 Likes

Hey who gave you permission to attack my heart outside your own IF too!

8 Likes

Eh, my MC would of been hugging her and forgiving her in an instant.

11 Likes

My MC still hasn’t moved on from Ilya. They’re trying to considering their current circumstances, trying to move on from their old life in general. That said, they’d still give up everything for her at the drop of a hat… and slaughter anyone that dares to hurt her.

20 Likes

6 Likes

Kinda out of topic but I don’t want to see another girl bearing the name Ilya suffer, again.
The last time I saw an “Ilya”, she was just a 10-year-old girl trying to save the world by time travel even if that means she can’t come back and everyone will have a Happy Ending except her.

I think I saw a fanfic where the MC hurt Ilya by romance Eli

8 Likes