What I mean is something that I tried doing with ‘The Seeker’, which is sort of a failed project at the moment but, what I tried doing with it (or most of it anyhow) was the following:
- Lots of freedom to explore (towns, villages, their shops, their taverns etc)
- Get quests from certain folk in towns, villages, inside taverans etc - you get the idea! :D)
- Certain folk will want to follow you off the bat, some others, can be companions after you completed their quest.
- an alignment system (GoodVS Evil, LawfulVSChaotic)
- Background choices, which add and remove certain stats, or makes you start with a certain alignment.
- Several races to chose from (that add remove stats), along with 3 genders. (I’m thinking of ‘male’ ‘female’ and ‘gender neutral’ for this one.
- There WOULD BE A MAIN QUEST! Which you could totally just do, ignoring all of the side ones…though, I would hope I could make side quests interesting enough for you to pick up a few. ^^
- The story will use whatever name you type in (obviously).
- I’m hoping to add in images. Somewhat transparent works of art, coded into style.css as backgrounds. You’ll have a tavern art behind when entering one. A bed or a camp when taking a rest. (Has this been done before?? )
- You will loss health in the game, and you may die at any time if facing against too many opponents without taking a rest (which regains health), also if faced with one in a distant forest somewhere, where you shouldn’t even be in yet. (The enemies get stronger as you go. While the main road - the main story road - will stay on the ‘easy’ level the rest will not.
- I’m thinking of adding in some free sounds, to give the game more of a ‘feel’.
- The combat wouldn’t just be (‘hit’ ‘dodge’) or whatever, but you’d have to use tactics (at least outside the main quest), there will be an inventory, and you can use several items, and even bind some items together to MAKE the item Or repair some (for example, you can make a trap, using mere sticks you found in the forest, along with a piece of rope you bought or found laying around…will need 3 sticks, and one rope for a simple trap. (beginner level).
Stuff like that basely…would anyone be interested in it? I’m actually already working on a project, but it’s vey stroy-driven and i sometimes get frustrated when i need to fix codes…SO; I’m looking for project2, which should deffer from project1 quite a bit! (keeping myself entertained :D) And also, something I can work on when I’m done coding for the time being. ^^
Does this all sound like a good idea…? Would you play a CS game like this…? Also, if yes, would you like it to have a unique fantasy setting? Perhaps steampunk? Or a mix?? If you have ideas, feel free to share! Also, tell me if you like the idea! ^^
PS: I really miss those good ol’ classic RPGs…and would personally LOVE to see something similar in a CS game!
Also, I have played a ton of them, so i think i have a good understanding on how to make one (errr…using choice script of course. XD if i were to make my actual own isometric rpg i’d need a whole team lol!)
Also, also! I’d like to make it so you could solve certain quests in several different ways! It’s something I really loved in the old fallout games, arcanum etc etc so…yeah!