(WIP) The Children of Defiance (Updated 03/18/21)

There’s no hurry, Pickle. Your writing is a joy to read, so be sure and have fun while you’re at it. :grin:

3 Likes

Currently adding a bunch of new stuff for the new update as I type, actually! And listening to my favorite music, so I’m definitely having fun with it :smile: Can’t wait for y’all to see what’s new

4 Likes

The new update has been released! Hope you all enjoy the changes. The second part of chapter one should be up by the end of this upcoming week.

As always, feedback on the new additions is always appreciated!

11 Likes

embarassed

1 Like

Little mini update: Level One is nearly complete, and will probably be up later today or tomorrow! Just one more scene to write, and I can’t for you all to see what’s going to be in the next update!

4 Likes

Esto se ve interesante.

1 Like

The new update is up! Chapter One aka Level One, is done! A lot of fun stuff happens in this update.

As always, feedback is appreciated! Thank you, guys~

9 Likes

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that in the beginning when the MC and their friend goes shopping for projectile weapons, there’s no option to go back so we have to start over. Loving the story!

2 Likes

Why everything in the store was so expensive

3 Likes

Smuggling isn’t cheap, plus, we can come back later when we are rich so don’t worry, you probably will be able to buy everything in there

2 Likes
Feedback

When we exit from the fortune teller, I guess having an option to not say anything about our outcome would be suitable I think, because if we too don’t want to say our outcome like our friend did, then the only other choice is lying.

Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-36-33
Should be castle

Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-39-19
When I chose the concealable tactical vest, it showed the text but then jumped to the weapons shop instead of providing an option of whether to purchase or not.

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback! Typos and code errors will be fixed and uploaded tonight after work.

@Ninja_King Like @Manaxaggd said, you’ll have options later in the game to come back and buy the more expensive items, most likely once per every chapter(or every two chapters depending on flow)

1 Like

I loved the game and the premise sounds amazing, but it would be nice to choose our race before we choose our name or have the race info somewhere, because of you choose to pick a name from the defaults then you know nothing about the races.

2 Likes

Hey, y’all! Just thought I’d give you a little progress update: Haven’t been able to really work much on the fixes, let alone chapter 2 since I’ve been in the process of moving, but once that’s handled, I’ll be back to regularly updating and progressing the story further!

Thank you for your patience, guys :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Chapter One has been updated and revised!

You can now choose your race at the beginning instead of when you get home, and have replaced the race selection of that part with the ability to choose what your character looks like! The coding for that took almost three days to actually sit down and do, but I’m really happy with how it turned out and am really excited for you guys to experiment with it. Some appearance choices are race locked, so fell free to play around with all the races to see what the appearances have to offer!

Chapter two is a slow process right now as I’ve been still getting used to my new place, and am going through a bit of writer’s block. I’m shooting to have it done in the next week or two, so look for an new update in that time frame.

10 Likes

Okay love the story however I suggest putting it into a word doc or google doc due to the amount of typos that are still left most of them are in chapter one. Other than that great story.

1 Like

I’ve just stumbled on this error when choosing your eye colour it doesn’t matter which one I pick I constantly get this error

1 Like

@syd969 Error should be fixed now! I accidentally added an option twice in the same choice

@AMER1CANN1NJA09 That’s actually a good idea I never thought to do!

Hey, friends! Since I’ve been making y’all wait for Level Two for so long, I decided to give you a little sneak peak of it as I finish up the last few scenes for it!

Hope y’all enjoy the new characters introduced :wink:

6 Likes

@dillpickle1996 your save system doesn’t work. just so you know.

2 Likes