[WIP] In Stasis And In Space (M/M Romance Space Opera)

You did an amazing job with this one. Managed to get me hooked from the very beginning which is very hard for me to do. Felt that betrayal to my bones. Cant wait for more!

Damn the cliffhanger- This is amazing, I would like to marry Rex like…rn please​:sob::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hi! :alien:

That will be included in the next update :slight_smile: I totally missed it in my to-do list!

Yes, the different parts of the map will be relevant in the succeeding chapters. I also plan on adding rewards for players who decide to explore every room in Chapter 1 (i.e. items that increase your skill XP).

omg I’m really sorry about that. I should have checked it more! I’m currently using Grammarly as we speak, so a minor update will be up soon. Thanks for the pointing out the errors :smiley:

:slight_smile:

Originally, I had it planned for the MC to choose their race but found it difficult to describe them without resorting into an info dump. So, I ended up with something we can all relate to.

… and thank you all for the kind words :blush: Chapter 2 is currently in the works, and I hope I get to post it in the middle of June (or earlier!).

19 Likes

Your bar Screen so cool l really enjoying and Kell MC Brother He ist adorable.l confused a little about Species :joy:but Can’t wait next chapter

1 Like

I’m really liking the visual identity of your game (strange thing to say about a text-based game): it’s really distinct and adds to the atmosphere.
Plus, I didn’t know you could have multiple choices on the same page! So thanks for showcasing that :smiley:

I haven’t finished the demo yet (really liking what I’ve read so far) but I was wondering what kind of feedback you’re looking for, before I offer any.

2 Likes

Bugs, inconsistencies, and odd paragraphs that might be due to the coding. I’m currently working on the grammar and typos so please hold on to that until I do the next update :slight_smile: Other than those, please feel free to say what you have in mind, even suggestions about what you would like to see in the next chapters.

And thank you for appreciating the design!
Here is a link on how to choose multiple options in a single page.

2 Likes

That was an incredible start, I’m really floored! :heart_eyes_cat:

I love the general ambience of the thing, and I’m really curious about the direction the story will take.
I also have to say - the game looks GORGEOUS, especially when playing on black background. I would go as far as suggest you actually tell people on the first page it’s best played on black background and if they didn’t already, give them the option to switch to it. For example on the same screen as the maps and romance emblem.
I don’t mind the bare ChoiceScript games look, it’s perfectly fine, but I have to admit when an author goes beyond themself to do something that looks like an actual user interface, it’s incredible.
Another thing I’ve really enjoyed is how customizable the MC is, appeareance wise. A perk of having a gender-locked MC, I guess. And well, since I always have male MCs, this is perfect!
And the XP system? Chef’s kiss!

I agree with previous commenters about various typos and so on here and there, but since you’ll be checking that out, there was no need for me to list them. I didn’t see any issues other than that - at least in my run.

Now, I guess I have a small suggestion.
It would be nice if there was some mention somewhere related to the MC and Rex both having blond hair and blue eyes, if such is MC’s appeareance. For example when Rex appears and is first described, and his hair and eye color are mentionned, MC could think something like “what’s the big deal, I also have blond hair and blue eyes”. Or well, someone else could mention it. I can very well imagine Kell getting grumpy and saying he doesn’t understand what people see in Rex considering MC has the same attributes and sports them so much better, or something like that :rofl:
And well, I’d love a codex or something with species’ descriptions - I feel like that’ll become very useful very soon. For example, I can’t for the love of me picture exactly what Kell looks like, especially the tail type - it seems to be a thin and flexible tail, considering he can crack it like a whip or use it to wrap the MC, but that aside…

But man, I love Kell so much. By far my favorite big bro in IF!
I’m extremely curious as to what you have in store for him. With the way he acts around MC, he acts the way a RO could, but since they are brothers, I don’t know what to think.
I mean, I wouldn’t be opposed to him being a RO nor to him NOT being a RO - I’m honestly just extremely curious. :thinking:

That cliff hanger though! Aaaack! :sob:

Well, I think all of that can be summed up to - I am so excited and hyped and I love it! :revolving_hearts:

Now, with that being said, I have a question that may seem a bit dumb, but oh well, considering this game seems to focus heavily on romance, I guess it’s not out of place.
The player can really customize the MC, they can decide what’s MC starting relationship with Rex, if they like alcoholic beverages or not… But can we decide if MC was in previous relationships or not at all? This is something I really like in games, and I feel like way too many games with adult MCs assume MC has experience in dating / physical relationships already.

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can say that you had a previous relationship with Rex [not sure about his name? didn’t focus much on him] but not sure about anything else about that subject, perhaps it’ll be brought up later in game?

1 Like

Yes, it’s possible! But the last option is a “friends only” one.
What I would love to have is the possibility to have a MC without previous experience, via a later choice (something that would obviously be barred to players who had previously answered their MC was in a relationship with Rex).

1 Like

I love the layout. The build up & that cliffhanger got me hooked for more

1 Like

That’s genius! I’ll add these kinds of options so the MC doesn’t look like a gray character despite having so many customisations.

I haven’t thought of that, but I’m putting it in my drawing board and see where it fits. T̶ɪ̶ᴍ̶ᴇ̶ ̶ᴛ̶ᴏ̶ ̶ᴍ̶ᴀ̶ᴋ̶ᴇ̶ ̶ʙ̶ɪ̶ɢ̶ ̶ʙ̶ʀ̶ᴏ̶ ̶ᴊ̶ᴇ̶ᴀ̶ʟ̶ᴏ̶ᴜ̶s̶

21 Likes

So there seems to be a bug with the stats (at least, the Technology one, I haven’t tried with the others).

Bug?

When picking the choices related to Technology, I get this screen:

Which I would interpret as 20/100 for Driving and Technology, rather than 70/100 for Tech?

And when I go to do the Eclectrical Wiring job, I get bonus points to Technology,

Until it reverts back to zero:

Otherwise, really liking what you have written so far!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that the “n/100” is the experience points while the yellow boxes are the “Levels”

That makes sense!
Maybe it needs some sort of short explanation to avoid other people getting confused like I did :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well this certainly seems interesting, especially with that ending. I’ll have to make sure to keep tabs on this and see how it goes!

1 Like

I’m a sucker for jealous Kel :pleading_face::pleading_face:

14 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [WIP] In Stasis And In Space (NSFW Thread)

In Stasis And In Space is now in the Adults Category :alien:

5 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: [WIP] In Stasis And In Space (NSFW Thread)

Really liking the world and tone of the story and the MC options, and cliffhanger! Am eagerly looking forward to the next update, the menu is really cool too, I like the set up!

1 Like