WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

If heartbreak was shot in Rebirth what would Sidestep’s heartbreak scar be? Sorry, it’s been a while since I’ve played Rebirth.

Shooting Heartbreak is just one way in which the battle can play out. How you choose to distract Heartbreak determines the scar you’ll get.
For example:

If you choose to let your life as a hero to distract it, you’ll get the Outside scar.
If you choose to draw on your worry or concern for your friends to give you strength, you’ll get the Friendless scar.

2 Likes

Ah, I see! Thank you for that information.

A suspicious!Ortega in the new update is so exquisitely tormented. Unexpected crafty, too, with that ‘Lady Argent’ thing. I do wonder if the MC’s choice of ‘career path’ will effect how the rangers view her?

After going over the Mortem conversation about his teleportation ray again, I have returned to the realization that he is not a good person. Which is unfortunate, because I kind of like him. Then again, I haven’t actually concretely seen him do anything horrible, barring possibly kidnapping Ortega in some alternate snippet of a universe.
…That thought process is just a tiny bit familiar.

Continuity things

In the flashback scene, any flirting between Ortega and puppet will route to Label:puppet, regardless of the relationship between Ortega and MC.

*if ortega_flirting_puppet
[i]!{he}'s always been good at keeping {his} balance. Both physically and emotionally. You’ve been waiting for {him} to slip up these last months, but so far {he} haven’t.
*goto puppet

At label:puppet there are three choices, and all of them imply there is a relationship between MC and Ortega.

My main playthrough has a flirty puppet (as an artificial personality disguise, and not indicative of suppressed feelings) and a friendly MC, so there’s no way of getting out of the conversation with continuity intact…
Adding an additional condition to triggering the puppet segment would be the quickest fix, I think.

In chapter 13

repeating text.
*if ((ortega_friendship <= 70) OR (ortega_friendship >= 50))
Should be AND

2 Likes

Yeah, I tried the friendly no flirting options too and as the story goes, Herald knows my female gay MC have hots for fOrtega. So maybe Herald shouldn’t hit on my MC except for just being an avid fanboy and would like to know his idol (just platonic).

It’s either Herald doesn’t know about that or he’s just being a jerk (though that should be unlikely cause he respect Sidestep so much). But if his crush for Sidestep surpasses all gender boundaries, then I’d like a gentle turndown without being awkward, please.

But then, I remembered how our MC hates that shining beacon of flying justice and blond hair.

2 Likes

Shh…I swear MC is just being “nice.” No subterfuge in being besties with Rangers at all. :wink:

I genuinely am trying my damndest for the most over-the-top “But you’re our friend!” betrayal reveal. Because drama. The strategy also works for “I’m actually the good guy here, I just needed to gain power to reveal the truth”, though the amount of drama in that one is…??? Who knows yet.

8 Likes

I’m a suckers for that too. Hope @malinryden hear our pleas :pray:

1 Like

I was playing last night…

around the path where I broke up with Ortegah (yes yes…I’m heartbroken)…and god…the scene back on the date at the restaurant…dreamy sigh…its SO goooooooooooooooooooood…

Also …here is something kinda eerie…:stuck_out_tongue:

when you play the demo , you enter the names for your mc and such right ? you got the mc name…the puppet…your vilain name…and such .

well…when you do that , the demo kinda remember what you entered . So Sometimes I just click and the name I typed show up .

Now here is the eerie part lol I been using the same vilain name since book . And everytime I type it…it never stick . Just like the name ‘Eden’ don’t stick , I have to type it everytime I try the demo . But last night , I entered the name ‘Sidestep’ and it stuck…

eeerieeeeee lol

4 Likes

The restaurant scene has single handedly added 7 years to my life and I swear to god that I am so excited to see when the truth comes out and how Ortega is going to deal with that

14 Likes

I am sure there will be so much internal conflict for Ortega. I wonder how will Steel react to it… Now that he’s a confirmed RO, I don’t know how he will react to my MC.

7 Likes

since I see him as a robot…he be ‘100% confirmed suspicion! Destroy! Destroy!’ :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh I’m very sure there’s going to be a lot of drama one way or the other but it will be wonderful regardless :>

Honestly, I’m more concerned for my Sidestep who might be realizing she’s not villain material

7 Likes

well you aren’t vilain…your typical vilain…

you are one out of necessity .

Btw…

which is better: infamous or Somewhat feared ?

3 Likes

Found a bug at the end of the suspicious Ortega path.
Also, it’s interesting to see we are not the only skillful liar in this duo. Taking advantage of the fact that we know next to nothing about Argent to tweak the truth while still showing real emotions is clever. I’m not even mad my MC got fooled, well played Ortega.

5 Likes

Fallen Hero: Retribution Ortega Spoilers:

13 Likes

I haven’t gotten that scene so i’m curious how did mc get fooled?

1 Like

After flirting with the staff, Ortega asks the MC for advice about Argent, saying that she became reckless and very secretive since the mental assault. That she could be very dangerous, prone to harm people and possibly in serious trouble, despite having no proof yet. He looked genuinely troubled and concerned for his friend, pushing the MC to wonder whether they could get her to join their cause.

The MC is apparently convinced Ortega couldn’t lie to save his life, so they didn’t realise it wasn’t really Argent he was talking about.

It’s just a small thing, but it shows our MC is way too relaxed around Ortega. They pride themselves to know what buttons to push to get what they want from him, but it looks like it can also work the other way around.

12 Likes

@malinryden I’ve died and resurrected five times thanks to this latest update… my Chargestep ass has perished with all this goodness :star_struck:

Anyway, here’s some continuing bugs/inconsistencies… Spoilers within!

1 ) The new placement of the Herald training scene before the psych can show the line/variation of:

Strip of your shirt and say ‘by the way, I’m not human, how about making out?’ Or why not admit you were the one that beat him and his friends to a pulp? And who is now trying to destroy his confidence and career?

However, it can be the case that the MC hasn’t revealed their ReGene status to the player at that point yet.

1. In the Ranger HQ talk with Ortega, the nemesis Ortega line is a bit confusing since the exchange can go like this:

*if villainortega_relationship = “nemesis”
“Trying to track ${villain_name} down.” A sheepish grin. “I want payback.”

"Any luck?" You're proud you're managing to keep a straight face.

"Not yet. But I have my theories that they're connected to Hollow Ground."
*goto hollowground

But it’s right after talking about how Argent is working with vigilantes to go after Villain. Maybe Ortega should stress more that they’re going after Villain from a different angle or on their own?

1. Argent choking again… MC still rubs their throat while talking with Herald in elevator even after dodging.

“Your definition of ‘well’ is a surprisingly liberal one,” you say, rubbing your throat.

2 Likes

Omg i must start reading code i would.NEVER get thst result because i always befriend Ortega 4life be it that im evil or not alway think thats the way to keep him clueless! And i always pick the mistery suit design :expressionless::expressionless:

Does anyone know what determines which of these 2 Ortega scene variations you get? As far as I can tell I get the first variation when selecting “its complicated” for the save file generation, while selecting “had a thing” gets you the second variation (despite moving to “open attraction” before this scene in both cases), but I’m not clear on what the actual factor that determines it is. I like the second version a lot more than the first.

VARIATION 1

VARIATION 2