WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Fixed a lot of bugs, settings for the gala, puppet individuality, defunct ortega relationships and pronouns galore.

7 Likes

here another typo ?

ā€œIā€™m retired, but did you really think you could lay a hand of me? Me?ā€ You almost match her growl

ā€œEven Modded ones? You know theyā€™re not going to have just regular joes guarding expensive things like that.ā€ You sigh. ā€œIā€™m good, but Iā€™m not good.ā€ (that) seem missing?

oh another thingā€¦

during the restaurant scene , if I pick for vice ā€˜coffeeā€™ (glorious coffee)ā€¦can we have that as a choice instead of say ā€˜waterā€™ ? I knowā€¦after a therapy sessionā€¦I would be smoking like a chimney and need my coffeeā€¦lol .I also believe (dunno if you can do it) but the water choice maybe could be an option for something sweet vice ? I mean chocolate drink or something ?

1 Like

And thatā€™s fine (and super in-character apparently :stuck_out_tongue: )

But what about the Sidesteps that just want to watch Ortega being a flirt, and think ā€œIā€™m so head over heels for this human beingā€? wonā€™t somebody please think of the poly sidestep?

yeah butā€¦correct me if Iā€™m wrong but

Summary

.you are asking for ortega to actually change ?

I mean if she clarify she isnt a flirt and its a necessary act for the media . You are asking for her to change no ?

1 Like

Iā€™m not asking them to do anything. In fact, Iā€™m fine with the status quo. Thatā€™s why I brought that up. Sidestep seems so irritable because Ortega winked at a food server, while my MC is here thinking ā€œyeah same old Ortegaā€ while smiling like a fool.

so you are sayingā€¦

your mc wouldnā€™t be bothered if ortega actually flirted ?

Yeah, thatā€™s why Iā€™m hoping for that MC/Ortega/Steel ship. My Charlie gets to cuddle with Ortega, while Steel is there for them once the cat is out of the bag. Itā€™s a win-win situation :smiley:

Good point. Will add that later.

4 Likes

just wonderingā€¦

Summary

I picked (during the restaurant date with ortega) , that I gave her hint but she never noticedā€¦right ?

The thing isā€¦later , I picked the reply ā€˜Do you think this will fix things?ā€™ā€™ and she say this ā€˜ā€™ ā€œI will try not to do that in the future.ā€ her face cracks up in a smile. ā€œBut please, try giving me a few hints next time, do you have any idea how hard you are to read?ā€ā€™ā€™

Its kinda weird though no ? I mean if you pick ā€˜I tried to hint itā€™ for yearsā€¦and she didnā€™t get it . Why would she say that now ? I think a ā€˜Please tell me next timeā€™ā€™ would be better here no ?

just a thought .

more typoā€¦

ā€œalex, listen to me,ā€ she says with a sombre look on his face. ā€œListen carefully.ā€

There was something I didnā€™t have the time to say yesterday, but really wanted to point out.

When we are speaking with Ortega and we can chose that option that leads to the MC saying ā€œsince I wasnā€™t going to get into bed with you, I assumed you had to look for it somewhere elseā€, oh manā€¦ I just wanted to thank you, because that scene resonated so hard with me. I have been there, and it feels like shit, and I could feel the pain of MC as myself, and just that, it was an awesome scene and it was very touching to me. So, thanks for that!

15 Likes

@malinryden
Just my two cents:
In the Herald training scene, I chose the ā€œcould be usefulā€ option. My MC is female and gay so, when the relationship became ā€œoh no, heā€™s hotā€ after accepting the dinner invitation, it felt out of place. My headcanon for that option was to accept it (knowing that he has feelings for the MC) and then twist that innocent feelings to the MCā€™s advantage or is that too evil? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a valid point, I need to add evil routes in that.

5 Likes

I had the same issue.

1 Like

Corruption for innocent characters is what I live for :wink:
Edit: okay, that came out creepy.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really have much coherent to add to this conversation

Steel is so HECKIN CUTE I just keep getting THROWN OFF

God. Spoon.

5 Likes

Happy to see more scenes! My personal note for the Harold training, but something you could already be on your way to fix. Just thought Iā€™d mention in case.

herald

My female MC is gay, but choosing to train in a kind manner leads to either:
a. saying heā€™s hot, flirting, etc
b. cutting him off very coldly, telling him to ā€œgrow upā€
As Iā€™m playing a rather ā€œkindā€ hearted MC who picked the ā€œfondā€ options pursuing friendship, I felt that it wouldā€™ve been nicer to let him down with a simple ā€œIā€™m gay, Herald. But youā€™re alright!ā€ Or something.
Or maybe I just messed up along the way and missed the correct options, or picked the wrong options??? Idk. Canā€™t remember every decision leading up to that without replaying. But I seem to have been backed into that corner twice even though I picked gay in character creation and also did my best to pick friendly but not flirting options with Herald.

3 Likes

lol I understand what you meanā€¦

but I maybe wrongā€¦but I think ā€˜heraldā€™ crush or romanceā€¦isnā€™t mean to be turned down . Yā€™knowā€¦like no matter what you sayā€¦it wont stop his crush .

2 Likes

Maybe ā€œGrow up!ā€ can be elaborated further in the future meaning itā€™s not a ā€œGrow up GTFOā€ itā€™s more a ā€œGrow up already and quit the fantasy world so we can just be friends like normal peopleā€

5 Likes

but wouldnt that raise your hate meter even further for him making you to SPELL IT OUT TO HIM ? I think murdering him on the spot would be much easierā€¦you can grab a drink afterā€¦go eatā€¦watch teeveeā€¦yā€™knowā€¦lol

also found more typo

ā€œI donā€™t.ā€ You donā€™t rise to his bait. Instead you cross your arms, looking at him with a frown. ā€œAnd I canā€™t do this anymore.ā€ it should be SHE since in my game ortega is female .

@malinryden
Firstly Iā€™d just like to say this game is pretty epic and rad. Secondly I think I found some continuity-ish problems. The first is when the option to create a sidestep pops up. In rebirth, my Sidetep ā€œdidnā€™t care if people get hurtā€ during the Gala scene, but never killed anyone and just left bruises on civilians. (I saw the fact sidestep didnt blatantly kill somebody was like emotional turmoil that they had some "good left inside.( In retribution as I create my sidestep and say they ā€œdidnā€™t care if people get hurt,ā€ the months following their debut, theyā€™ve already killed a ton of people. That kinda took me by surprise, because while why sidestep didnā€™t care about civilian lives, they were still apprehensive to take lives and move to the next level.
Also in book 1 my sidestep had placed the sword of Damocles in Argentā€™s head. In the sewers, during the argent fight, my sidestep didnā€™t even fight argent and just triggered the sword in her head and won the fight. In the beginning of book 2, as my sidestep goes to fight argent again, the sword can be used again, although it was triggered in the last installment. If the sword does indeed have more than one use then please forgive me for my comment. Also if the sword is triggered in Argentā€™s head, would Argent not be suspicious of Sidestep afterwords. Like Sidestep goes into her head, then the new villian just shuts her mind down cough low-key suspicious. Or is Sidestep so suave and good at being covert Argent doesnā€™t even notice.
Sorry if that isnā€™t helpful. Just somethings that Iā€™d noticed.