WIP: Fallen Hero 2: Retribution - updated 27 april 2019 (pre-adult version)

Sort-of continuity error.

In the flashback talk, if the puppet is flirting with/dating Ortega, the choice [let puppet have their fun, I’ll make sure Ortega knows we’re just friends] leads to a break-up scene, which makes no sense if the MC has not initiated anything in their own body.
Upon further inspection, all of the choices leading from [label puppet] imply an existing relationship between Ortega and MC in her own body, which might not be the case.

Heartbreak Dose Some Heartbreaking; A fan fiction.

Part 1
THE RETURN.

Summary

" Stop it!" you shout. How could this be? For so long you thought that she was dead. For so long you had thought the nightmares where only in you’re dreams. But the truth spoke otherwise. She had returned. A living, real nightmare. This time.

Today was the day you and Dr Mortun had planed you’re next date. As neither of you were in you’re typical good spirit, you in particular. You as Yasmin had agreed with her to meet outside the MOVIENOIE. Los Diablos largest movie chain. Of course secretly owned by Hollow Ground. You’re tickets verified and you’re snacks gathered. You followed Mortun into one of the larger theater rooms. The movie you were watching was apparently called The Bane. Some rouge mod that had to find her way back to loved ones. Something you increasingly found distribing. Maybe because it reminded you of you’re own life. The need to be loved, to be free, to be in controll. No. You where already free, in controll. Until she showed up. But what about being loved. Was it something worth pursuing? You certainly can’t stay away from Ortega. Maybe you could
 " You think too much David boy!"

You feel your mind being pulled backwards. Again. The sound of sirens coming in front of you, or was it behind you? You can’t tell, as you’re desperately trying to be in controll of Yasmins body. The vision of the theater screen in front of you, blurring in and out.

To you’re left, you can feel Dr Mortun shifting your way. “Something wrong ma chĂ©rie?” You try to respond but it’s getting harder and harder to maintain Yasmins body. " No, just , bathroom, be back" you need to get out of here, escape before its to late. Before she catches you again. “Liar! Liar!” You hear Heartbreak scream inside you.
" Ok ma chĂ©rie. Just don’t take too long. This is too god of a movie to miss out." Desperately pushing you’re way across the seats you bolt for the door hearing some muttering curses behind you. “Need to find a toilet”. Youre steps are getting heavier and heavier now.

It had started halfway through the movie. As the Bane was fighting some sort of boosted ninja named the Wielder, you began to feel a cold presence Inside you. Getting colder and colder. Like putting an ice block on top of you’re head. Suddenly you found youre mind being tugged hard. You where no longer in the theater but back to you’re own nightmare. The acid air, Anthennas ripped body laying in front of you. The window you jumpt out of last time. The unconscious Heartbreak. Wait, where was she?

" Helo David boy. Remember me?" The voice had startled the shit out of you. “What?” You turn to you’re right to find Yasmin. She is wearing a white hospital gown. Her blond shoulder length hair, straight as ever . But there was something wrong about her. Where she normaly possessed two warm brown eyes, they where mow cold blue like you’res.

" Of course you remember me." She laughs “Every night if I’m not wrong. Even made you’re puppet look like me. Do you like what you see? Is that what you do before you posess them. gazing and gawking at them? Knowing that there is nothing stopping you from swollowing them whole?” She laughs again. “It seems I taught you well” You can’t stop staring at her. Youre mind racing with questons. Racing with panic. How could this be? Is she realy here, alive?

“Heartbreak, you’re”

" I have always been alive" she interrupts you. Of course she must be reading you’re mind.

“No that’s impossible!” You shout. “I” .

"Stopped me! Don’t be a fool pup. I’ve been inside you’re head Al these years. Weak, helpless. Until you got you’re hands on those nanobots. The power from you’re precious rat king not only strengthened you but also me. Enough to fnnaly wake up. But by then you had hoppted to this body. Trust me pup, finding you in my current state was quite hard. But not hard enough "

" That’s impossible. You can’t be alive.! You don’t even have a boddy. You can’t live without one"

" Are you sure pup?. It dosent matter. It wont matter. What does matter little David boy is that you and I are the same. We come from the same cloth. We’re just cut differntly"

“What, you’re from the farm” . What was she talking about?

She laughs at you “is that what you call them? Fitting concidering what they do.”

“This can’t be happening”. If she’s alive , if shes real then that means

" I have you’re real boddy clever pup. And don’t try to runn. It would make you’re existence much shorter. You don’t want to end up like you’re friend over there, right pup?" She points a finger towards Anthennas limp body.

You try to pull youreself back to reality. you have to get out of here back to you’re own boddy.

“Aw poor David, you still think you’re in controll. Have you forgotten who taught you to be in controll?”

“Huh?”

Before you have time to react you are struck by an imense pain. Electrical wires forming around you’re body.

“The first thing you have to teach any pup is to be obedient. Isn’t that right David boy?” You find yourself unable to speak, to even move. Pain coursing trough you’re whole body.

“Now here is how things are gona go pup. You are going to stay here, forever or until I’ve drained you of you’re power completely. While I will finnish Wat I started al those years ago. If it’s any consolation, I’ll say hi to you’re friends. That Latino girl in particular. What was her name again?”

Oh No. The Rangers. Ortega. You have to get out of here NOW. But the more you resist the more it hurts. The more the wires coil harder around you’re body. You have to remember that this isn’t real, but how can you when the pain is as real as it gets.

“That’s right Ortega.”

What if you did things like last time. Instead of resisting the pain maybe you should embrace it. It had nearly shattered you’re soul into tiny broken shards. Unfixable. Was it worth it. No you where something else back then. Something weak. You’re something different now. If it means gaining you’re freedom back, then it worth it.

" Aw, it’s charming that you think that you can escape pup. But don’t fool yourself. I know you. Al you’re dreams, you’re fears, the scars you hide from the world. The lies and manipulatios you whive together in order to be accepted by these pathetic humans. It disgusts me!" She spits on the floor. Giving you an angry stare.

“They deserve nothing but miserable torture and death. Do you think they made us to be cute loving children’s of god? " She turns her back to you. " Love” she pufs out. “Everytime I got close to someone or something they would always find a way to take it from me until i had nothing to cling to. Only to reset my mind again and again, keeping the broken parts but wiping out the rest.”

She turns to you again.

" The humans call me Heartbreak. How fitting it is when I’ll be returning the favour in kind. And YOU" She points a blaming finger at you . “You think you can be like them, feel what they feel? Call yourself a stupid name. Like they do. Be loved?” She spits. This time towards you.

" I think you talk too much" you manage to yelp out.
It was now or never. While the wires where stuck to your chests and arms you could still move you’re leggs. It was the only little freedom you had. You will yourself to move towards her. The pain increasing tenfold. You had to ignore it. No embrace it. Move! Move Towards her. Towards the window. Take controll of Yasmin.

“NO” She shouts. Trying to stopp what you are doing. "Stop it you shout back trough Yasmins mouth. You can feel you’re legs turning into jelly. But you manage to throw yourself towards her. Normaly this kind of struggling would have killed you back then. But that was then, this is now. Back and forth you both battle over youre legs. No not just yours, Yasmins as wel. As she slowly moves towards the nearest toilet.

With a final painful push of you’re raw will, you both crash towards the window you once jumped out of , and out into the open.

Darkness, and then you find yourself back to reality. Yasmins body collapsing against the toilet door.

“Ugh” That hurt.

“Ma chĂ©rie!” You hear behind you. “Are you alright?” You turn to see Dr Mortun with a worried face and crossed arms, staring back at you.

“I’m fine”. You say softly. The battle had taken its heavy tol, and you could still at the back of you’re head feel the sensation of pain you just experienced a moment ago.

" I think I just ate the wrong kind of snacks". You say. How could you tell her that an insane telepath just atacked you. Too many questions. Too little time. Besides that would mean revealing youreself to her. And you’re not sure if you are ready to deal with that right now.

Heartbreak is still out there. Pretending to be you.You have to find her. Find youre body. Take it back. You won’t be able to use you’re telepathic abilities as Yasmin. Like senseing an atack now. Youre powerless. That means relying on dampeners. You hate it. But you know it’s the safest way to keep you’re mind safe.

Safe like Anthenna was safe? From her?

“You were gone for so long ma chĂ©rie. It made me worried. Didn’t I tell you to hurry back?”

Had it been that long? “Look”. You say as you rise up from the ground slowly. " I think we need to end it for today. I’m kinda feeling sick".

" Do you need a drive home?"

“Would I want it any other way?” You say as you give her a kiss.

“Of course not ma chĂ©rie”. She kisses you back.

“Good. Then let’s go home. Do you think you can hold me. I think I’m gona collapse again.”

" We Woudnt want that". She says with a smug expression.

" Just shut up and hold me already!"

With her smug expression still abroad, Dr Mortun puts an arm over youre shoulders as both of you head back towards the lobby. And out into the fresh nightlife outside. You’re thoughts a million miles elsewhere.

3 Likes

Zomg collapsing on the run to the toilet doors
 perfect date! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Finally managed to post it on tumblr. just found out what AO3 is and the invite will get there by tomorow i think :stuck_out_tongue: !

2 Likes

Is that where people usually post them? It’s the first time for me as a user of tublir as well. And holy crap are things everywhere. So much confuseing stuff for my British brain to handle. If I want to post my fanfic do I just click on the big pen and post it as a text while being on the fallen hero rebirth site?

1 Like

Reverse you and I are alike. Malin just had to give me a guide on how to hide my spoilers with a “Keep reading” sign and even then I needed to google more instructions online. I keep having the same problem with computers. I feel like my grandma when she was confronted with the digital age
 “It won’t work because i don’t know which is the right button and keep pressing the wrong one.”

So this is how it should work.
Click the little house that says Dashboard, then the pen, then choose text, then get a title, then a very short introduction “This is me, this is my fanfic etc” press enter to leave a blank space, then on that blank line press the 3 dots symbol that adds the “Read more” link and copy your fanfic below.

So people should see only your introduction and the read-more link, and when they press it, they get to the whole text.

Also, at the bottom of all, add Hastags so people can find it.

4 Likes

“Of course, that was your reputation back in the days”
This is added because you choose vigilant background.

Otherwise, everytime you choose to be a hero hunter, you will get the “you are still thinking about
with cheap mods” dialogue.
Doesn’t matter, if you beat him to pulp in the fight.

Thanks @CJS.
Just posted it

I wish the website could stop spamming me with how to use its functions. " oh hey check this, ow check that." Ugh. :smiling_imp:. Oh whel what can I do. I’ll just settle for disappointment. And hope that it’s not bad carma. On tublirs behalf.

2 Likes

Well
 as I already said in that reply, I did have a sidestep with a hero background, not vigilante, but I was still shown that. And from the code, it would seem like that quote will appear regardless of whether the MC was a sidekick, vigilante or hero.

In any case, malin has said some variant paths were missed out when those scenes were first updated, but those bugs would be addressed in the next update. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally got my Sidestep done after re-reading for the millionth time!

14 Likes

(Gremlin Mode intensifies)

I, personally, am building a mountain of Gremlins all teetering precariously atop one semi-stable Grump (the OG), and at this point in the alpha I CAN’T STOP CHANGING RIDICULOUSLY MINUTE DETAILS OF THEIR PERSONALITIES

Also can’t decide if I want to play nice with Steel or pull his pigtails until he starts noticing when I’m gone :grimacing:

Wrong pronoun used in this sentence. This might have already been reported:
Well, you certainly showed her now, the only disappointment is that you had to wear a mask while beating her. Though seeing the look on his face when you told her your name
 that’s a memory you’ll treasure.

Correction:
Second sentence, that ‘his’ should be her.

2 Likes

Omfg i was crying at the dog park part as someone that have depression seeking dogs for comfort was so relatable :cry:

6 Likes

Wait, is the dog park scene in already? I thought that wasn’t implemented yet since it’s been grayed out for me when I reach the end of the shrink scene. Only option I’ve been able to pick is Herald training. Are there some specific requirements to unlock it?

You DON’T agree to go to the therapy. Then you have an option to train Herald or go to the park. And in the park you meet Chen.

2 Likes

Oh, neat will have to give that a try, thanks! Didn’t realize it was mutually exclusive with the shrink since Herald training could be done afterwards regardless.

It’s not mutually exclusive, but if you go to the therapy you must not agree to train Herald. At least it is that way now.

2 Likes

Everyone’s talking about Herald and here I am wishing to woo Rosie/Boris

1 Like

Found a variable that appears in game. The very text in bold.
“A likely story.” You give him a disapproving look. “I agreed to this to help the team, not to get picked up.”

“Oh.” There’s a faint flush of embarrassment on his cheeks. “I’m sorry. I misunderstood.”

“You sure did. Take a break, take a leave of absence if you need to. But grow up before you get anyone killed.” set herald_relationship "awkward"

1 Like

Man it’s gonna be real awkward having to deal with flirting with Ortega, Dr Mortum and Argent. And now Herald’s crushing on us too, jeepers.

Speaking of Herald- is there a way to express an opinion of him that’s somewhere between Horny and Disgusted? Like my PC isn’t into him, but she doesn’t want to break the kid’s spirit all the time, just some of the time, and it feels a little one-or-the-other

7 Likes