Winter of the Bovine [4/5 Chapters, 50k words]

Got it. So full, human-like mental process, and able to speak with all other non-human animals. I guess I call that “moderately anthropomorphic” since it’s more Jungle Book but not to over-the-top Zootopia levels.

6 Likes

Exactly. You’re also able to understand humans, though they can’t understand you.

1 Like

Also do Add more creative choices to make the game exiciting.
:cow2::cow2::cow:

So you’re saying those choices are uncreative and dull? XD

No but your approach is avant garde.
mean we should we able to have calves , maybe escape from the farmhouse, Able to explore the fiction world

Btw- the game already appears exiciting on the
paper , these are just mine suggestion, the creative control is upto you

1 Like

Oh, of course. There will be coyote attacks, abuse from farmers, break outs from the farm, etc. And one of the main characters is a calf.

3 Likes

Are the humans there all cruel or there are some nice ones too that can adopt you later

2 Likes

… This may just be the coolest thing I’ve ever seen in my life :astonished:

4 Likes

Welp. Color me morbidly curious.

5 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young, you can thank me for nudging @Avery_Moore and @Redthegamr in your thread’s direction!

5 Likes

One of the endings is called Sanctuary. :innocent:

@avery_moore

@redthegamr
:ok_hand:

Thanks @Eric_Moser!

Btw, what would you call the genre of a story like this, where everything is realistic aside from the animals being slightly more intelligent and able to speak English to each other? An allegory/fable/something else?

4 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young

Is it wrong for me to want to see a cow court where criminally accused cows are brought before the Cow Queen and King, and if found guilty, they are sentenced to “go to market”? :hushed:

3 Likes

U wut xD

(20 characters)

1 Like

I hope one of the endings is Animal Farm-esque.

1 Like

That’s so funny, I was just thinking about Animal Farm when I read @Carlos.R’s comment.

2 Likes

Yeah, WotB is largely inspired by Chicken Run and a bit by Animal Farm.

@Jerieth
Animal Farm has a very compelling ending, and there will be some similarities between the two stories, but my three planned endings will be a lot different. All of them will be bittersweet but not in that same way.

2 Likes

For anyone who is not familiar with Animal Farm:

4 Likes

#downwithsnowball
#longlivenapoleon

1 Like

All Hail Napoleon!!!

It’s funny, I named one of the cows Snowball and didn’t even remember that Animal Farm had Snowball as a main character until I reread its summary today.

@Nerav
Oh yeah, and you can go away, by the way. I have a strict “one strike and you’re out” policy for trolls. :ok_hand::v:

4 Likes