What text editor do you write in?

Does Textwrangler use/allow YAML format syntax highlighters? I think mine is pretty decent (although I’m still in early stages and you’ll need to add the scopes to your Color Schemes).

I’m not sure, I know you basically have to install a language file into the program files. A .plist file is the extension.

But alas, the problem is more that my computer is slow, and if I type a sentence in TextWrangler it takes several moments for the computer to realize that words are being typed. So it’s more of a “type a sentence, wait three seconds for computer to type sentence, correct spelling errors where computer missed a letter, wait for computer to type letters, type next sentence, ad infinitum” teeth-grinding process that just makes TextEdit a more viable option.

Wow, that sucks. Maybe you should get a new computer? or get your Mac checked out…that seems a little slow… @renaB

1 Like

That doesn’t sound good - probably be worth googling ‘mac speed’ and check out some of those articles. Time spent fixing some of the problems you must be having there would probably be well worth while in the long run?

3 Likes

Perhaps, but in the end (and at least for now) TextEdit works just fine and I’m not very picky considering how new I am to the whole Choice script coding style, I think that adding more fancy features might just confuse everything I think I’ve gotten the hang of so far.

It’s still a really good computer despite that so I don’t think it’d be worth getting an entirely new computer. And simpler programs like TextEdit run and work just fine.