What is your DREAM GAME?

Interesting comment regarding coop. What if one of your friend’s character could join your journey as a companion. Not necessarily playing a huge role, but occasionally helping out in certain situations.

Thinking of doing something like this by ‘sharing’ your character over twitter or facebook… although I normally frown at social-integrated games. Hmmm…

I don’t have a Facebook page nor do I want one but for people who use Facebook it would be a neat idea. Plus it could spread the word about C.o.G a little more.

I’m secretly a C.o.G employee pushing people toward making games for the company so that one day C.o.G Inc will rule the world! Just kidding. I joke around too much for me to be one of our C.o.G overlords

Honestly? I’m a huge true crime buff and would love to play a game along the lines of “Choice of the Serial Killer”. But… well… that would not be easy to write for the App Store, and probably not easy to sell. Most people would rather play good guys in their escape fiction.

My dream game would be be more like a novel and less like a game. Interactive fiction that is more fiction-y and less game-y. Part of that is the quality of writing and part of it is my desire to read something that seems more plot-driven or character-driven and less like a D & D or RPG campaign. I realize that probably makes no sense…:slight_smile:

I would also like an interface that looks more booklike and less like a multiple-choice quiz. And, ideally, far more interactive…with video clips, text integrated with the illustrations, music…cool stuff like that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always liked the idea of a corrupt boarding school game.
Or a Choice of Werewolf game.

i would like a game that makes a parody of orror movies with you being the monster and having a sort of retry without restart,like you come back to kill the survivors(like a sequel)

1 Like

@LadyCass I also like more book like and less game like “games” so I work working on some like that! that is also very character-driven. I know not all people like that kind of stuff but I’m glad some people do!

1 Like

I would love to play a time travel (the girl/boy who falls into the past incidentally) game with a focus on romance. No fake and easy choices.

An apocalyptic game would be superb too. Zombie Exodus came very close to being my dream game.

Hey @claire1805…I think you’ll like this game. It’s actually one of my favourites.

I would like to play a game full of infinite possibilites, where you just type in what you want to do, and it generates code for that, you can play it over and over again, manage all details of your life, and develop your character, you’re actions determine how your character thinks and their feelings, they develop their own personality too. #Waitingforafewthousandyearsforthistohappen

As you can probably tell I like cleverbot ;-;

I don’t like historical games where women are treated bad or war/strategy games where there are many bad endings or MC death scenes and I don’t like having to focus on stat raising, but I love games focusing on character interaction and romance such as otome games.

My dream game would allow the MC to define their own personality and gender and most of the romanceable characters should like the MC (unlike most otome games where you have to like whatever the RO likes). The plot should involve magic and a villian.

There would be at least 5 ROs that include the best friend, the enemy trying to defeat my group ( I don’t need to turn the bad guy into a good guy, but I do like it when a character is able to be nice to me even though they don’t care for anyone else), and a dragon. Also, one of the romance options has to be a secret character. All of the characters should be defined and 3 dimensional and feel like real people.

There needs to be a playthrough were all (or at least 3) of the ROs can be persued at once and the persuit is succesful. Some of the ROs could be against you perusing other characters. One playthrough needs to take at least 3 hours and there should be many different endings. There also needs to be friendship paths.

A supervillain game.

1 Like

A game in the setting of Diana Wynne Jones’ Wizard’s Castle series would be pretty neat.

I wish there was a hella long zombie gamebook (Zombie Exodus was really good, unfortunately all good things come to an end) that just updated every month or so with a pretty long update. And it isn’t too cliche and you get to really customize your character.

I’d love to see more robot/mech games. Only old but good game that comes to mind was front mission 3 (gameplay not story). Like choice of robot Id like to build it from ground up, but larger like mecha ace, where I also pilot it. Go about assembling your team of programmer’s, engineers, pilots if you don’t want to yourself, etc so I have a bit of management to play with. find investors. Parts to upgrade, do battles for money like Zoids. And I like the idea being able to do multi player, nothing better then making a bot then beating your friends with it. mouthy updates too, always sad when a game ends lol but will give new parts if you no the right people, researched and made them etc. and instead of the game ending you carry on to the next battle for money(so done in a loop but keep your mech) while you wait for the next update

Either an evolution game, where you start as like a single celled organism and can evolve and go down different evolutionary paths
A god game, it’d take forever to make but I’d love a game where you can physically do anything you like.
A zombie game where you play as a half conscious zombie.
And all of them need humour.

There’s a supervillain WIP on the forums, but yes, the world could use more than one villain game. The heroes get so many.

And I mean, clever evil! In a lot of the games where you get a moral choice, it’s like, “Be a hero, or screw everyone over for money that you will never actually need for anything” - that’s not evil, that’s greedy. “Be a hero, or murder kittens for fun” - I guess animal abuse is evil, but really, don’t evil people have better things to do with their time?

I don’t even need a sympathetic villain (I have a crush on Handsome Jack if that tells you anything) but at least give them a goal. For the Evulz is only fun if your character is ridiculously insane and it becomes a goal in itself (i.e., the Joker.)

I’m keeping up with that one as well. But I prefer the more powerful type of heroes.
That as well, although that would be REALLY a difficult thing to write. Motivations and dilemmas for a good guy are one thing, motivations and dilemmas for a bad guy are a completely different thing. It takes a smart person to write things like that.
The jokers goals change all the time, but what I like about his character is how his reasons and motivations only make sense to himself, he just does things for odd reasons just prove points that no one really wants proven. Take killing joke for example (a great story if you haven’t read it), the whole gist of it was that one bad day could turn the most sane person crazy. Which was a point he wanted to prove for no real reason whatsoever.
Writing that from the players perspective however, is a really difficult thing to do.

A game when the MC is a WW2 soldier?

I actually find it a lot easier to write villain protagonist motivations. I find I get bored if I’m writing a straight up hero.

Writing a “normal” person with some character flaws that gets thrust into a “hero” position however is more interesting.